Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Genuine" Volksrod Shift Knobs (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37846)

jaransonT3 April 5th, 2014 10:06 PM

"Genuine" Volksrod Shift Knobs

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc...ob_Black_1.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc...ob_Black_2.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc...ob_Black_3.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc...ob_Black_4.jpg

So here is the deal....

With Steve's blessing, I am doing a limited run of 101 "Genuine" VOLKSROD shift knobs over the course of the next month or so. They have individual numbers cast into the medallion from 000 to 100.

The knobs are cast from black rigid urethane plastic. The medallions are cast from pewter. The medallions are bonded into the knob. They come pre-threaded in your choice of one of the three (3) standard VW shifter thread sizes.

7mm x 1.00
10mm x 1.50
12mm x 1.50

Please be sure to specify the thread size you want.

They also come with a matching steel jam nut to lock it onto the shaft of the shifter.

The shift knob dimensions are:

Knob Diameter: 48mm (1.9")
Knob Height: 63mm (2.5")
Medallion Diameter: 33mm (1.3")

I will polish the plastic to remove the mold parting line and any flash. The knobs may have some minor witness of the parting line and even a few sink marks (surface defects). I will "age" the pewter medallion a little bit by hand to give it some more contrast....much like you see in the photos above. This will vary from knob to knob. All of this variation/imperfection is what comes with me doing all of the "production" myself.

Numbers will be assigned on a first come-first serve basis. I will try to accommodate requests for specific numbers..again first come-first serve. BTW, 000, 001 and 100 are already assigned.

The COST is $60.00 each.

Priority Mail shipping within the continental US included. If you are outside the continental US, please add $5 to cover the extra shipping charges. International orders will go by 1st class mail rather than priority because priority mail was like $20 more.

Delivery expected by mid-May.

It also includes a $25.00 per knob donation to Volksrods.com
. If I can manage to sell all 100, that is $2500 to help Steve keep this place going! :dancing:

Because I am doing all the work myself this time, I can keep the costs down which means the price of the knob can be lower than the hood ornaments were AND I can up the donation per knob to the site! The other $35 goes to cover shipping, materials, and my time.

So for the low,low price of $60 you not only get an ultra exclusive 1 of 101 shift knob, you also get to support this awesome home of ours on the internet!

So you can send me PayPal at jaransont3@comcast.net

or a check or money order to:

22059 Olmstead
Dearborn, MI 48124

If you are snail mailing me a check or money order, please e-mail me at jaransont3@comcast.net and let me know so I can put you down for one.

COME AND GET EM!

DrHax April 5th, 2014 10:20 PM

Re: "Genuine" Volksrod Shift Knobs

damn I'm running a hurst shifter in my bug... otherwise i'd purchase one..

tattooed_pariah April 5th, 2014 11:20 PM

I'm in, money sent! :)

Thanks John for doing this kinda shit to help Boss Man, and thanks Steve for maintaining our home!

oh, i'll have to get back to you about thread size... I have an empi shifter with the trigger for reverse, gonna have to measure the threads..

Hebster52 April 6th, 2014 02:36 AM

I'm in!
PM sent regarding shipping.

jaransonT3 April 6th, 2014 05:39 AM

In case you missed it in my edit of the original post...

Please add $5 for international shipping for a total of $65 for those outside the U.S.

and don't forget to tell me what thread size you want.

Unkl Ian April 6th, 2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHax (Post 573169)
damn I'm running a hurst shifter in my bug... otherwise i'd purchase one..

If you know the thread size, you can make it work.

jaransonT3 April 6th, 2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkl Ian (Post 573179)
If you know the thread size, you can make it work.

I can also ship with just small pilot hole drilled in the base. You can drill and tap it to whatever size you need up to about 14mm in diameter. You will have to supply your own jam nut in this instance.

Unkl Ian April 6th, 2014 07:47 AM

Nice work John.

Number1tileguy April 6th, 2014 08:01 AM

John,

I'm in for two, I'll get you Paypal and numbers later today.

I'm hoping to get the numbers to match my hood ornaments (I don't know if you have record of them)

Also I'll pm you on maybe one or two more for something a few of us members are trying to put together if you haven't been contacted yet...

Thanks for your work to support this sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaransonT3 April 6th, 2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1tileguy (Post 573183)
John,

I'm in for two, I'll get you Paypal and numbers later today.

I'm hoping to get the numbers to match my hood ornaments (I don't know if you have record of them)

Also I'll pm you on maybe one or two more for something a few of us members are trying to put together if you haven't been contacted yet...

Thanks for your work to support this sight.

You had 14 and 15 in the hood ornaments and I have them reserved for you in the shift knobs. Thanks.

purplemyth April 6th, 2014 09:24 AM

I would like one as well! I have to transfer some funds first. I have #5 from the hood emblem, and in the tag emblem from Scott, soooo is that # still available?
This will go well on the Evil lil vrod.
Thank you for coming up with such unique Volksrods items John, you're just amazing! :bow:

Vrshack April 6th, 2014 10:32 AM

I'm in for one! Thanks
Jeff

grumpy April 6th, 2014 11:05 AM

Paid for #13

bigguy April 6th, 2014 11:12 AM

Nice product as always. One of theses days I will have cash when something comes up.

strokerbug April 6th, 2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigguy (Post 573198)
Nice product as always. One of theses days I will have cash when something comes up.

same here.....if i had noticed this a few days ago, i would have been all over it.... :hmm:

purplemyth April 6th, 2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strokerbug (Post 573199)
same here.....if i had noticed this a few days ago, i would have been all over it.... :hmm:

Post #1~ Posted this morning at 3:06am, CST.

If you had noticed it a few days ago, you'd be a psychic~:hmm:

:funny:

strokerbug April 6th, 2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplemyth (Post 573200)
Post #1~ Posted this morning at 3:06am, CST.

If you had noticed it a few days ago, you'd be a psychic~:hmm:

:funny:

:ohmy:.....i meant to say a few hours....then again, i've never been accused of being all that intelligent. :wink:

V8Transporter April 6th, 2014 12:33 PM

Brilliant :bow: idea and talk about timing! A guy came by yesterday and bought an really nice old Sportster tank I've had hanging up in my shop. Anyway, I retained the upper portion of the VW shifter in the SC, so the thread is 10mm x 1.50. I forget my # for the hood/roof ornament, but I'm in and the check will go out tomorrow. Thanks for your fine craftsmanship and supporting the site in such a great way! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

capt.funn April 6th, 2014 12:42 PM

Please reserve # 22 for me to match hood emblem I will contact you with payment and size tomorrow

jaransonT3 April 6th, 2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 573203)
Brilliant :bow: idea and talk about timing! A guy came by yesterday and bought an really nice old Sportster tank I've had hanging up in my shop. Anyway, I retained the upper portion of the VW shifter in the SC, so the thread is 10mm x 1.50. I forget my # for the hood/roof ornament, but I'm in and the check will go out tomorrow. Thanks for your fine craftsmanship and supporting the site in such a great way! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got you down for #19 again....

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt.funn (Post 573205)
Please reserve # 22 for me to match hood emblem I will contact you with payment and size tomorrow

Sounds good. Got you down for #22.

jaransonT3 April 6th, 2014 12:55 PM

13 spoken for so far....

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

bigguy April 6th, 2014 12:55 PM

I saw the pic a day or so on johns member pic. Wasn't sure if I missed what he made though so I went looking and then today here it is.

bugdust April 6th, 2014 01:08 PM

Damn, I can never get #13 :yelling:

13 has been my number for about 35 years but it's all good since I don't use stock shifters and this won't work on a Hurst or Berg. A Hurst would need to be recessed and threaded to clear the reverse lockout trigger when it is pulled up.

Thanks John for all you do for this place.:bow:

tattooed_pariah April 6th, 2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugdust (Post 573209)
A Hurst would need to be recessed and threaded to clear the reverse lockout trigger when it is pulled up.

Thanks John for all you do for this place.:bow:

Crap, you're right, I dunno if I'm gonna be able to use this, but I still want it :P

cuttinup April 6th, 2014 02:10 PM

Nice!
Just sent the pay pal. I' d Like 64 if its available. Just a pilot hole for me.