Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hood Ornament (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33404)

ratlook63 March 20th, 2012 01:01 PM

Re: Hood Ornament

Not modern, still 60s and yes no uke though it it is replaced with a palm muted guitar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJy_NVFazk

Primus also covers it.

HeidelbergJohn4.0 March 21st, 2012 04:14 AM

How about spraying the molds down with Diet MT DEW and then seeing the look on Jaranson's face when he realizes that shit is eating the molds like hydrochloric acid! :blink:

So last night I go over to my 'rents house to pick up my radical-ass O.G. 1975 open face motorcycle helmet, complete with hand cut yellow reflective tape lightning bolts (+5 mph!!). I wanted to get it ready for the glorious creation JJ is about to send my way.. I go downstairs to the basement shelves where it has lived in it's retired glory since 1982 when I got my first full face and WTF??? :Idunno:Where's the shelves????? :unsure:. So I call my mother, who was in port in St Kitts on a cruise. Damn right I'm gonna make her spend $48 answering my call. WHERE'S MY HELMET????? You know., the one that has been in a bag on the shelf for 30 years???

"OH, we decided to throw everything out down there, it was just sitting there and ".... WHAT??ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS???? you're just fucking with me right? What about my wood footlocker??? The one with every one of the 30 OG GI Joes in their original boxes???? We took it all to the dump last weekend. That's what we needed you trailer for last week.

GONE. :yelling:

Ghia34 March 21st, 2012 12:40 PM

Dude I bet we know how she payed for the cruz!?!? LOL

Ps That Sucks!

V8Transporter March 21st, 2012 12:54 PM

Oh man, that really sucks, I feel your pain, etc, have the ornaments arrived yet and how do they look?

jaransonT3 March 21st, 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 537338)
Oh man, that really sucks, I feel your pain, etc, have the ornaments arrived yet and how do they look?

I don't have them yet. I have a call into the foundry for a status update. Will let you all know when I hear something from Fred.

Bummer about the helmet and stuff John.

JiI March 21st, 2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeidelbergJohn4.0 (Post 537314)
How about spraying the molds down with Diet MT DEW and then seeing the look on Jaranson's face when he realizes that shit is eating the molds like hydrochloric acid! :blink:

So last night I go over to my 'rents house to pick up my radical-ass O.G. 1975 open face motorcycle helmet, complete with hand cut yellow reflective tape lightning bolts (+5 mph!!). I wanted to get it ready for the glorious creation JJ is about to send my way.. I go downstairs to the basement shelves where it has lived in it's retired glory since 1982 when I got my first full face and WTF??? :Idunno:Where's the shelves????? :unsure:. So I call my mother, who was in port in St Kitts on a cruise. Damn right I'm gonna make her spend $48 answering my call. WHERE'S MY HELMET????? You know., the one that has been in a bag on the shelf for 30 years???

"OH, we decided to throw everything out down there, it was just sitting there and ".... WHAT??ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS???? you're just fucking with me right? What about my wood footlocker??? The one with every one of the 30 OG GI Joes in their original boxes???? We took it all to the dump last weekend. That's what we needed you trailer for last week.

GONE. :yelling:

Ha! John played with dolls!:funny:
Seriously, if my parents pitched my Gen 1, in the box, deluxe Transformers, I would have blown up!
Jeff

V8Transporter March 21st, 2012 05:48 PM

I think we should start a, "guess what my folks threw away" thead. I have a tale or two myself.:sad:

dt113 March 21st, 2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 537355)
I think we should start a, "guess what my folks threw away" thead. I have a tale or two myself.:sad:

How about a 1950 Ford, with a Pontiac 421 tri power engine in it. Looked bad sitting in the driveway, so it got hauled off.
:ohmy: :panic: :yelling::yelling:

I was very upset ---- to the point that I moved out, and had no contact for 2 yrs.

Things said in anger, can never be taken back!
Nothing is worth losing your family over!!

V8Transporter March 21st, 2012 07:21 PM

How about a 1950 Ford, with a Pontiac 421 tri power engine in it. Looked bad sitting in the driveway, so it got hauled off.

I was very upset ---- to the point that I moved out, and had no contact for 2 yrs.

Were the bodies ever found?

jaransonT3 March 25th, 2012 07:05 PM

I got these in the mail on Saturday....

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2012Misc/MailBoxes.jpg

50 small flat rate boxes! Will be building and addressing them in the next couple of days. Hoping to pick up the finished castings this week from the foundry.

cuttinup March 25th, 2012 07:19 PM

Tease!

dt113 March 25th, 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 537365)

Were the bodies ever found?

Can't stay mad at family forever.

When I lost my mom last year ---- that time I lost with her, was the first thing I thought of.

Unkl Ian March 25th, 2012 08:01 PM

Did the Flat Rate boxes arrive in a Flat Rate box ? :Idunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaransonT3 (Post 537643)
I got these in the mail on Saturday....

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2012Misc/MailBoxes.jpg

50 small flat rate boxes!

V8Transporter March 25th, 2012 08:45 PM

Looks like time to set the old tent up by the mailbox.

Spanish Flea March 26th, 2012 06:38 AM

Looks like progress is being made. Thats good. Having a rough monday, was hoping to see a pix of them being shipped.

Some progress is better than no progress.

Keep up the good work. :bow:

Dusting off the tent, will pitch it when items are shipped.:dancing:

Spanish Flea :blink:

jaransonT3 March 28th, 2012 08:54 AM

Little set back today.:crybaby:

Apparently the two halves of the pattern I made don't line up exactly. :sad: Fred has tried to adjust them with out success. I am going to have to remake the patterns with better indexing between the left and right halves. I am hoping to be able to deliver the new patterns by Friday. Monday at the latest.

Sorry for the delay.

If anyone doesn't want to wait and would like a refund, I would be happy to refund your entire amount. Just let me know.

This is by no means a show stopper. I just need to be more careful with my alignment and index of the two halves.

I will send a direct e-mail to all those that ordered also.

Thanks for the continued patience.

tequilla March 28th, 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaransonT3 (Post 537861)

........Thanks for the continued patience.

Thank you for all of your hard work to help the site and allow us mortals to own an awesome piece of Volksrod history :bow:

Wraithblade March 28th, 2012 09:52 AM

Nope thank you it will be well worth the wait!!!

Ace of Shades March 28th, 2012 10:09 AM

Good things come to those who wait... or was it weight :blink: .. either way I'm still in

backpackr63 March 28th, 2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaransonT3 (Post 537861)

If anyone doesn't want to wait and would like a refund, I would be happy to refund your entire amount. Just let me know.

Refund? I don't want no stinkin' refund!:funny:

Seriously, I appreciate the effort that you have put into this to make these available to the membership here. I also appreciate the obvious attention to detail to make sure we are getting a quality piece rather than "that's close enough" and sending us a shoddy piece of workmanship.

Thank you and I'll gladly wait a little longer for such a cool piece.

stertel March 28th, 2012 10:37 AM

I fully support the "if you are going to do it then do it right" angle.

Spanish Flea March 28th, 2012 11:24 AM

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:With the busy week i've had i was hoping to see some good news.

With that, refocus, get it done, check it, check it again.

I'm not going anywhere, i don't think anyone here is going to complain about this setback, if it takes a couple of more weeks to get a quality piece.

Much Kudos from here.

Spanish Flea

mkparker March 28th, 2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

I just need to be more careful with my alignment and index of the two halves.
So, does looking back at this post make ya wonder?

Quote:

I only ask, because your index keys look really far from the item being molded. I usually put my keys closer so there is no flex in the mold.

jaransonT3 March 28th, 2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkparker (Post 537875)
So, does looking back at this post make ya wonder?

Actually, the indexing pins aren't the problem. The problem is with the alignment of the hood ornament to the base plate. Those keys were actually within the part itself so quite close together and a small misalignment there results in a pretty big misalignment at the tips of the scallops. So I need to move my alignment details further apart... at least the ones I use between the part and the plate.

The plate to plate pins are fine.

:panic:

V8Transporter March 28th, 2012 01:27 PM

Good, that'll give me time to clean up the roof of the Single Cab. :thumbsup: But I gotta tell you, getting the tent stakes out of the pavement by the mail box is going to be a bitch....:grin: