Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I build things...only smaller.... (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33468)

Franklin January 18th, 2015 08:22 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
5 Attachment(s)
Been working on this front engined thing for a while. It has an electric motor inside the fake hemi. Front has been stretched about 1 3/4", rear fenders widened to accept the big meats. Chassis is a combo of brazed brake line and boxed in c-channel. Interior pan is 26g. I am still working on the chassis and need to media blast everything and clean it up before going to paint but I'd figure I'd share.

Franklin January 18th, 2015 08:31 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
For some reason, my pics are posting as links instead of the actual pictures-not sure why (?).

sandfreaks January 18th, 2015 11:09 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Wow! amazing as always!
Love seeing your work.

Franklin January 18th, 2015 06:05 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Thank you sir!

triker_Chewie January 18th, 2015 10:32 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
pic thing is a forum issue. rad rod!

V8Transporter January 19th, 2015 02:30 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Glad to see more of your (and I very seldom use this word) 'amazing' work. :bow::clapping::bow:

Franklin January 20th, 2015 03:58 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by triker_Chewie (Post 579854)
pic thing is a forum issue. rad rod!

Thanks-and as far as the pics are concerned, I hope they get the issue squared away soon-I am a lazy ass and rather see the pics right away vs go the the huge effort of clicking a link! :grin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 579859)
Glad to see more of your (and I very seldom use this word) 'amazing' work. :bow::clapping::bow:

Very much appreciated!

Franklin January 28th, 2015 08:09 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
3 Attachment(s)
Chassis torn down, media blasted then reassembled. Still need to wire in the speed controller and radio-then more body work, paint, etc...figured I'd share where I'm at.

and darn, the pics still show up as links...??

V8Transporter January 28th, 2015 08:46 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Ah ha! I figured it out. The bug is a real driver and the scissors pencils and 'paper' have all been super sized to make it look small. :huh::wink::grin:

Franklin February 11th, 2015 10:41 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 579972)
Ah ha! I figured it out. The bug is a real driver and the scissors pencils and 'paper' have all been super sized to make it look small. :huh::wink::grin:

Lol! I should have posted a pic next to my ungly mug-then you'd know it was small!

DrHax March 11th, 2015 09:56 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
The car in your avatar I want to build one in real life.:love: Does it have an engine? :dancing:

Franklin March 11th, 2015 10:01 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHax (Post 580472)
The car in your avatar I want to build one in real life.:love: Does it have an engine? :dancing:

haha-thanks!
Only a small electric one-runs on a rechargeable 7.4 V battery.

DrHax March 11th, 2015 01:26 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin (Post 580473)
haha-thanks!
Only a small electric one-runs on a rechargeable 7.4 V battery.

I used to make models as a kid. Would find them at thrift stores... After awhile I learned to keep parts from other models and ended up going on crazed modification sprees. Sounds about right for the big stuff :dancing: What scale is the one in your avatar? I'm trying to work out its dimensions I'm looking at the 1966 and its starting to look as if this a very distinct possibly for its future...:funny:

Franklin March 12th, 2015 02:10 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHax (Post 580475)
I used to make models as a kid. Would find them at thrift stores... After awhile I learned to keep parts from other models and ended up going on crazed modification sprees. Sounds about right for the big stuff :dancing: What scale is the one in your avatar? I'm trying to work out its dimensions I'm looking at the 1966 and its starting to look as if this a very distinct possibly for its future...:funny:

Yup-thats the ticket!
Almost everything I build is around 1/10th scale. Its probably the most popular scale for RC vehicles these days which gives me lots of parts options too-

DrHax March 12th, 2015 11:06 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin (Post 580487)
Yup-thats the ticket!
Almost everything I build is around 1/10th scale. Its probably the most popular scale for RC vehicles these days which gives me lots of parts options too-

Do you have any build pictures of that car? I'm curious to see where you cut it..:grin: I've wanted to make a two door steel coupe for quite some time. Your models are amazing I was mistaken for thinking they were real the first time I saw them.

Franklin March 16th, 2015 01:42 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHax (Post 580494)
Do you have any build pictures of that car? I'm curious to see where you cut it..:grin: I've wanted to make a two door steel coupe for quite some time. Your models are amazing I was mistaken for thinking they were real the first time I saw them.

Hey sorry for the late reply-I just saw this. I have a few pics here. Let me know if you want to see more-

DrHax March 16th, 2015 08:16 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin (Post 580547)
Hey sorry for the late reply-I just saw this. I have a few pics here. Let me know if you want to see more-

:blink: It's exactly like the full sized way! :grin::thumbsup: Awesome pictures that actually gave me an idea of where it needs to be cut.:bow::thumbsup:

Franklin March 16th, 2015 08:53 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHax (Post 580554)
:blink: It's exactly like the full sized way! :grin::thumbsup: Awesome pictures that actually gave me an idea of where it needs to be cut.:bow::thumbsup:

That's great! Glad to have been some help.

tattooed_pariah July 23rd, 2019 08:39 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Hope this isn't considered a "threadjack" since there haven't been any new posts in years..

I built a handful of Gundam models back before I joined the Navy and recently started making them again as a form of relaxation/stress therapy..

Nowhere NEAR as involved, detailed or custom as the OP, but wanted to share anyway..

https://i.imgur.com/ekoVajr.jpg

I'm basically just slapping the kits together and doing VERY minor paint touches and some of the decals. I plan on trying to get a decent beginner airbrush set up to do more with the paint, and I really need to just get more patience to do better with the decals and assembly, but it's a nice relaxing way to kill 3-7 hours and a few drinks on the weekends, just wish they were cheaper.. These ones run between $40 and $90 each, and there are others I want that are $100+ :hmm:

V8Transporter July 23rd, 2019 08:50 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Looks like fun!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ALL text, images, graphics and content herein are Copyright 2002 - 2020 Three Pugs Design - Cut Weld Drive Forums