Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I build things...only smaller.... (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33468)

Franklin April 21st, 2011 05:44 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChainsaw (Post 507872)
This thread is so fucking neat, haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by notched (Post 507945)
These are sooooooooo coool!!!

Cool guys-thanks!

cdscowboy April 21st, 2011 06:54 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
That's some talent! Highly enjoying everything you post, man :)

Bug'Arley April 21st, 2011 07:36 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Where are you getting the bodies from to do your awesome work? You do some really cool modeling/ RC'ing/ Volksrodding! I would like to get into what you do in the future and any help now would shorten up my research then to get into it. Thanks for any help.

vwfanatic April 21st, 2011 07:42 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
hey bug.....read the thread....he already answered your question.

JiI April 21st, 2011 07:58 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Not only do they look cool, they look fun! Buzz those around any car show and everyone will smile! They just put you in a good mood when you see one of those ripping around a yard or parking lot. :thumbsup::grin:
Jeff

Franklin April 23rd, 2011 04:13 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiI (Post 508017)
Not only do they look cool, they look fun! Buzz those around any car show and everyone will smile! They just put you in a good mood when you see one of those ripping around a yard or parking lot. :thumbsup::grin:
Jeff

Hey-car show idea is pretty cool-I like that!

77blackbug April 23rd, 2011 04:26 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
I honestly think that this could be a marketable hobby. Your creations are done well enough that you could build replicas of people's cars. I would buy a model of my car if I had a good volksrod!

Franklin April 23rd, 2011 05:41 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdscowboy (Post 508001)
That's some talent! Highly enjoying everything you post, man :)

Thanks-glad you enjoy!

Franklin April 23rd, 2011 03:20 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 77blackbug (Post 508220)
I honestly think that this could be a marketable hobby. Your creations are done well enough that you could build replicas of people's cars. I would buy a model of my car if I had a good volksrod!

Nice of you to say. I guess there is no harm talking to anyone who is interested just to get a feeler.

72beetle April 23rd, 2011 05:35 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Hey thought maybe you could use this as and idea.Uni Posco makes a paint marker in acrylic enamel in like 34 colors, an in different tip widths, might be and easier way than using a spray can to makes your white walls,flames, an maybe a miniature pinstripe design using the very fine tip paint markers,.Heres the link if your interested.
They do need to be clearcoated because they are flat colors.

http://www.durablesupply.com/popamafipc.html
cool models btw

Franklin April 24th, 2011 05:05 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72beetle (Post 508270)
Hey thought maybe you could use this as and idea.Uni Posco makes a paint marker in acrylic enamel in like 34 colors, an in different tip widths, might be and easier way than using a spray can to makes your white walls,flames, an maybe a miniature pinstripe design using the very fine tip paint markers,.Heres the link if your interested.
They do need to be clearcoated because they are flat colors.

http://www.durablesupply.com/popamafipc.html
cool models btw

hey thanks for the tip-I will check it out!

V8Transporter April 29th, 2011 08:11 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Nice!:clapping::clapping:

Franklin May 3rd, 2011 09:53 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 509074)
Nice!:clapping::clapping:

Ha-thanks-
Going back to the black volksrod build. You guys gave me ideas for tail-lights. I also added front and rear window "glass"-slowly getting to completion.

G00se May 3rd, 2011 09:59 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin (Post 509558)
Ha-thanks-
Going back to the black volksrod build. You guys gave me ideas for tail-lights. I also added front and rear window "glass"-slowly getting to completion.


Love it! :love:

How much you sell it for?

Franklin May 3rd, 2011 10:04 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G00se (Post 509560)
Love it! :love:

How much you sell it for?

Ha-thanks-not ready to part with it right now-!

G00se May 3rd, 2011 10:10 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin (Post 509562)
Ha-thanks-not ready to part with it right now-!

What Chasis are you using? And where do you get the Body parts from?

Franklin May 3rd, 2011 10:22 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by G00se (Post 509563)
What Chasis are you using? And where do you get the Body parts from?

Front and rear suspension are parts from a reissue Tamiya Sand Scorcher kit. Chassis pan is scratch build from sheet metal with bent up/brazed brake line for a cage. Added mounts for the rear shocks. Interior details/dash are scratch built from styrene and detail parts from my bin. Body is a toy RC Bug from Maisto that started off as full-fendered with a minor chop. I chopped the top and cut the fenders. Lots of added details, wheel wells, etc out of sheet styrene plastic. Runs off a 7.2 V battery (behind the seats) from a junk drill I bought at a flea market. It's cool cause I can use the same wall adapter to plug it in and charge it. Some very rough in-progress photos:

G00se May 3rd, 2011 11:24 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin (Post 509566)
Front and rear suspension are parts from a reissue Tamiya Sand Scorcher kit. Chassis pan is scratch build from sheet metal with bent up/brazed brake line for a cage. Added mounts for the rear shocks. Interior details/dash are scratch built from styrene and detail parts from my bin. Body is a toy RC Bug from Maisto that started off as full-fendered with a minor chop. I chopped the top and cut the fenders. Lots of added details, wheel wells, etc out of sheet styrene plastic. Runs off a 7.2 V battery (behind the seats) from a junk drill I bought at a flea market. It's cool cause I can use the same wall adapter to plug it in and charge it. Some very rough in-progress photos:


Thanks for the Info. You do nice work! :clapping:

Franklin May 3rd, 2011 06:09 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G00se (Post 509571)
Thanks for the Info. You do nice work! :clapping:

Sure-and thanks-

V8Transporter May 3rd, 2011 06:30 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Tail lights? You're running lights??:clapping: Sheesh...So whatcha' doing for a license plate light?:grin:

Franklin May 4th, 2011 02:50 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 509595)
Tail lights? You're running lights??:clapping: Sheesh...So whatcha' doing for a license plate light?:grin:

Ha! Hey why not-still working on the head light solution.

V8Transporter May 4th, 2011 08:29 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
Oh, right, and pretty soon you'll be posting that you solved the Hi/Low beam solution, but the horn is too weak.:grin::grin:

Franklin May 5th, 2011 06:43 AM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 509724)
Oh, right, and pretty soon you'll be posting that you solved the Hi/Low beam solution, but the horn is too weak.:grin::grin:

I got the headlights on but they do not have the high beam function-as a matter of fact, they do not have the low beam function, either!

marnat3 May 5th, 2011 07:24 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
On to more important things - Does the cig lighter work?:chillin:

DocMike May 5th, 2011 07:58 PM

Re: I build things...only smaller....
 
It looks like that left rear tire could use a little air. :hmm:

Doc :yawn:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ALL text, images, graphics and content herein are Copyright 2002 - 2020 Three Pugs Design - Cut Weld Drive Forums