Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Events (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bugdust's Garage Thrash 6/26 and/or 27 (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30924)

bugdust June 6th, 2010 11:20 AM

Bugdust's Garage Thrash 6/26 and/or 27

OK, I'm trying for Sunday June 27 to have a good ol' garage thrash. The main project will be Zim's rod but we can work on other stuff too if needed so bring what you got.

I have a small shop, basic tools, welder's, torch, etc. I'll fire up the grill with some hot dogs and burgers or ?? and everyone can bring a side (potato salad, beans, chips, etc) if they want. It's BYOB (beer or bud) because I generally do not partake in either but you are welcome to.

I'm planning on Sunday but we can do Saturday if needed if it works out better for everyone. Just let me know if you plan on coming.

AirheadZim June 6th, 2010 05:09 PM

Re: Bugdust's Garage Thrash 6/26 and/or 27

Yep....bring what ya' got.

bugdust June 16th, 2010 02:13 PM

*bump*

AirheadZim June 16th, 2010 03:03 PM

Yeah you know I'll be there with a box of bubba burgers, cheese and buns and a ice chest full of cold drinks. Like I said before, be there or be square.

stinkbug June 16th, 2010 03:40 PM

let me see what i can about switching a day at work, and i may be able to make it. can i pitch a tent in your yard????

Halfastvw June 17th, 2010 07:28 AM

I was just informed that we are having company coming from So. America that week-end and my presence will be required:crybaby:
Sounds like fun but another time for me............

bugdust June 17th, 2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkbug (Post 467573)
let me see what i can about switching a day at work, and i may be able to make it. can i pitch a tent in your yard????

I've got almost two acres so there is plenty of room. You can crash in my westy if you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfastvw (Post 467656)
I was just informed that we are having company coming from So. America that week-end and my presence will be required:crybaby:
Sounds like fun but another time for me............

No problem. I'm going to try to have these 2-3 times a year so maybe you can make one of them. :thumbsup:

bugdust June 20th, 2010 02:08 PM

Hey everyone! Try to shoot me a message (here, cell, fb, whatever) by Wednesday so I know who is definitely coming. If anyone wants to donate parts to the project that would be great. I'm not sure what all we need but you're welcome to bring anything you have that would work on it. It has a type 4 1700 engine, '67 bug base, old Ford? front suspension, etc. Give me a call for directions or anything else.
904-449-6511
~Charlie

AirheadZim June 20th, 2010 04:25 PM

Beleive me when I say every person who participates in this thrash and in the building of this car, or providing a part, will be forever held in the highest level of esteem by me. This car is going to be very special, and I have no intention of selling, trading, or letting it get away from me. Other rods may come and go, but this one is MINE MINE MINE!!! :dancing::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

bugdust June 23rd, 2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirheadZim (Post 468085)
Beleive me when I say every person who participates in this thrash and in the building of this car, or providing a part, will be forever held in the highest level of esteem by me. This car is going to be very special, and I have no intention of selling, trading, or letting it get away from me. Other rods may come and go, but this one is MINE MINE MINE!!! :dancing::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

You can leave it to me in your will.:thumbsup:

Just 3 more days!!

AirheadZim June 23rd, 2010 03:51 PM

(making a note of that) You got it Charlie, and I am serious. YESSS 3 MORE DAYS!!!

bugdust June 25th, 2010 03:42 PM

12 HOURS!!!

AirheadZim June 25th, 2010 04:56 PM

Got $78 worth of stuff for this weekend. C'mon out and have a Bubba burger and hot dogs, turn some wrenches and have fun with the crew!!! We'll do our best to stay cool.

bugdust June 27th, 2010 06:24 PM

Had a good weekend!! Thanks everyone for coming out. Thanks Steve for this place that brings all us crazy people together. :bow: