Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Moving to Arkansas (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38667)

bugdust August 9th, 2018 06:01 PM

Moving to Arkansas

After 45 years in Florida, I am moving to Arkansas. I worked for Caterpillar for almost 18 years but took a buyout when they shut the plant here. Well, I have accepted a job with Cat again but in North Little Rock this time. I have sold all my VW stuff and my Jeep. I may look for a Willys wagon once I get settled up there.

Any volksrodders near Little Rock? I am looking at buying a house in Cabot.

alykat August 10th, 2018 08:19 AM

Re: Moving to Arkansas

Damn ! When you make a change, you don't fool around. Hope the move goes smoothly for you.

Harold August 10th, 2018 02:42 PM

Sorry to here ya got rid of your bug stuff , I really enjoyed seeing your stuff on here years ago , when I was on here under another name .… Well what ever you do , I hope it's all good .

V8Transporter August 10th, 2018 07:35 PM

Best of luck with your move!:thumbsup::thumbsup: If you're thinking about an early Willys wagon, a buddy has a restoration shop and does a lot of work on the wagons and pick ups. They are pretty cool rigs.

mkparker August 15th, 2018 11:36 AM

Pretty close to me...compared to before. 4 hours or so. Big VW show in Eureka Springs every year. Eureka Springs is a good visit if VWs are there or not. Used to be a couple of guys up that way...I might remember who later when I'm not trying.

EDIT: I checked PMs grumpy was from central Arkansas

bugdust August 25th, 2018 01:04 PM

I will be heading up next week with the RV trailer in tow. Once the house here sells I will be looking for a new place.

metalmaster1766 August 29th, 2018 05:42 PM

Moving, it was fun moving into our first house, our 2nd house was fun the 1st time we moved in, after the fire I said if I ever move again I'm gonna hire a moving company, hopefully one day we'll find about 10 or more acres either in the middle of nowhere or on the side of a mountain someplace where the closest neighbor is at least a 30 minute walk

Good luck with your move, hope your house sells fast and you get your asking price

Ron

bugdust January 1st, 2019 04:30 PM

Well, I have been in North Little Rock for four months now. I'm still living in my little RV and the family is still in Florida. I work about 70 hrs most weeks and have been going to Florida every month. Eventually I will buy a place here with a shop. I have hung out with Jason (Grumpy) a couple of times. He lives just a few miles from where I am staying. I doubt if I will own another VW but never say never.

bugdust November 6th, 2019 08:16 AM

Just checking in. I am still in the Little Rock area but I am thinking about heading back to Florida. I am itching for a project but that will have to wait a bit longer.

Good to see that there is still SOME activity here.

alykat November 8th, 2019 11:14 AM

I went from Colorado to Florida and back to Colorado. Winters were much more comfortable in Florida.

mkparker November 13th, 2019 07:18 AM

Good to see you're still around Charlie!! Arkansas too wild for ya?! :-)

bugdust February 27th, 2021 06:25 PM

Arkansas is a beautiful state and there are not very many people, compared to Florida. The taxes are high and the roads are bad and people here can not drive...lol

I moved here for a job but it lasted 14 months and good jobs are scarce here...in my field anyway. I am seriously thinking about selling the house and moving back to Florida.

I did buy a Willys wagon project and a few VWs again :Idunno:

I have met a lot of good people here but with no income and no family here I think it may be time to pack up again.

Bugula March 1st, 2021 03:48 AM

We stopped in Arkansas while driving cross country. Ate in a Chinese buffet and back on the road.
Spent two years in Virginia Beach for a job. Now we’re in Maryland and staying. Most family is only 2 hours away. Taxes and housing is low when compared to Jersey. Decent car scene.

bugdust June 7th, 2021 01:32 PM

Check out my page of Facebook..."Bugdust's Garage". I have half a dozen VWs now, plus a '59 Willys wagon, plus a couple of bugs that belong to other people. One of the bugs will become a ratty volksrod.

bugdust June 10th, 2021 05:48 AM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236605448004425/

d3ghia July 25th, 2021 09:27 AM

Hey Charlie! I haven't been here in awhile, but hoping to change that. Are you back in Florida?

bugdust July 28th, 2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3ghia (Post 592382)
Hey Charlie! I haven't been here in awhile, but hoping to change that. Are you back in Florida?

No, still in Arkansas.