Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Motorcycle Thread (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8918)

EVOlyn July 9th, 2008 01:21 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Well, not to get all sappy, but I've been dealing with some sort of progressive illness that is slowly but surely taking the use of my arms and legs away. Haven't gotten all freaked out yet, but the doctors still have no clue what's going on. A month or so ago I had to concead that I wasn't going to get Evolyn done this summer and unfortunately it may be sometime after that if the doctors don't figure something out.

I thought the motorcycle was a good distraction and something I could drive around for the summer. Kind of rethinking because it's not the easiest thing for me to handle and frankly there are days I just can't drive it becuase I'm affraid I won't be able to hold it up.

Well, enough wining, I still hope to finish Evolyn, just not sure when. I manage a little work on it every now and again when I'm able. Over the 4th I got the brackets made to support the steering column and the hold down for the gas tank fabricated. Even though it killed me, it felt good mentally to do something on the project.

By the way, thanks for asking.

crazyman_stanley July 9th, 2008 02:34 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
oh bummer man. hope all turns out alright

max16v July 9th, 2008 07:52 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I thought I'd post this here to get some feedback from you v-rodders since I never hear from anyone when I post in my intro.

Well, since I've had my bike running there have been several issues that plague me to how I can correct them.

The first problem is a constant miss at idle. I haven't been able to set the timing right due to the miss and can can't get an accurate reading from the timing marks. I'm not sure if it's ignition or carburetor caused. The miss seems to go away once I'm cruising around.

Also, the second problem is a surge during idle. When the bike is cold, I have to manually give the bike throttle until it warms up or it will stall.

The third problem is cold idling rough but all of a sudden the RPMs will jump up to 2k from 1200 and run fine. After about 5-10 seconds the RPMs will drop back to 1200 and idle will be rough. It does this without any throttle input.

I'm stumped.

Here's a little info on the spark plugs: Cylinders 1-2 look good - light brown-ish, no oil deposits or fouling
Cylinder 3 is pratically clean. There is a little carbon on a corner of the insulator - the direction of the spark but the rest of the plug is clean. I'm thinking a weak spark. I put in new condensers and points. Bad plug wire?
Cylinder 4 gets oil deposits and fouls really easy.

If anyone can offer some advice, I would appreciate it.

V8Transporter July 9th, 2008 08:31 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Sounds like the carbs still aren't up to snuff. I rebuilt the carbs on my `82 Seca last spring (52 k miles since new, and I'm the first and only owner). I had `em off three times (oh, joy...) before I got them straightened out; and the bike ran, but lacked power and had some idling issues prior to pulling them down. Check the float levels and make sure the needles are really seating (my number three decided not to seat and kept flooding and bringing up the idle to about 25 hundred). Check the pilot jets for clogging. Make sure the throttle plates are all opening and closing at the same time. Touch the pipes when the bike is running and look for a cold pipe, which will tell you that that cylinder is not running. Check compression. Shoot the rubber mainfolds with WD-40 when the bike is running and if the idle drops you have a vacuum leak. If wiggling the carbs while the bike is running changes idle speed, etc, it's likely the manifolds. A small amount of gasget sealer can really help here (at the manifold to head, and a tiny bit on the carb flanges when you slide them into the manifolds//makes then easier to install). When the Seca was finally going good, I dropped some gas treatment in the tank for luck. Oh. and make sure the tank is clean. It doesn't take much to clog the carbs up. All this is a pain, but once the bike is running well, you can give yourself a pat on the back for sticking with it. A lot o bikes get `For Sale Cheap' signs at this point. For some reason the site won't let me and probably others from responding to intros...but it's probably just me.

V8Transporter July 9th, 2008 08:36 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Hey EVOlyn, I live in a woodsy area and a few years back one of my neighbors had something like that and it was from a tick bite. Once the docs figured it out it took him months to recover, but he got through it. At the time he was in his seventies and he's still around. Good luck my friend.

max16v July 9th, 2008 10:27 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Transporter (Post 328801)
Sounds like the carbs still aren't up to snuff. I rebuilt the carbs on my `82 Seca last spring (52 k miles since new, and I'm the first and only owner). I had `em off three times (oh, joy...) before I got them straightened out; and the bike ran, but lacked power and had some idling issues prior to pulling them down. Check the float levels and make sure the needles are really seating (my number three decided not to seat and kept flooding and bringing up the idle to about 25 hundred). Check the pilot jets for clogging. Make sure the throttle plates are all opening and closing at the same time. Touch the pipes when the bike is running and look for a cold pipe, which will tell you that that cylinder is not running. Check compression. Shoot the rubber mainfolds with WD-40 when the bike is running and if the idle drops you have a vacuum leak. If wiggling the carbs while the bike is running changes idle speed, etc, it's likely the manifolds. A small amount of gasget sealer can really help here (at the manifold to head, and a tiny bit on the carb flanges when you slide them into the manifolds//makes then easier to install). When the Seca was finally going good, I dropped some gas treatment in the tank for luck. Oh. and make sure the tank is clean. It doesn't take much to clog the carbs up. All this is a pain, but once the bike is running well, you can give yourself a pat on the back for sticking with it. A lot o bikes get `For Sale Cheap' signs at this point. For some reason the site won't let me and probably others from responding to intros...but it's probably just me.

I appreciate the reply. :thumbsup:

I had a MAJOR manifold leak but fixed that by boiling the boots in the wintergreen oil and water mix for a couple hours. Also I installed new (aftermarket) worm drive hose clamps which seals the carbs pretty well. All the exhaust pipes are running hot - had that issue before with the clogged idle jets, and fixed that by cleaning the tank, petcock screen, and installing inline fuel filters. When I rebuilt the carburetors I set the float height and installed all new idle jets, main jets, jet needle,s and fuel inlet needles. I know the mixture screws still need a little adjustment - #2&3 spark plugs are a bitch to pull out to check them. The timing still needs setting. I'm thinking an ignition fault with the clean spark plug (has hot exhaust but weak spark...) and probably the miss.

I'll pull the idle jets and give them another cleaning tomorrow.

road_dog July 10th, 2008 09:42 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOlyn (Post 328697)
Well, not to get all sappy, but I've been dealing with some sort of progressive illness that is slowly but surely taking the use of my arms and legs away. Haven't gotten all freaked out yet, but the doctors still have no clue what's going on. A month or so ago I had to concead that I wasn't going to get Evolyn done this summer and unfortunately it may be sometime after that if the doctors don't figure something out.

I thought the motorcycle was a good distraction and something I could drive around for the summer. Kind of rethinking because it's not the easiest thing for me to handle and frankly there are days I just can't drive it becuase I'm affraid I won't be able to hold it up.

Well, enough wining, I still hope to finish Evolyn, just not sure when. I manage a little work on it every now and again when I'm able. Over the 4th I got the brackets made to support the steering column and the hold down for the gas tank fabricated. Even though it killed me, it felt good mentally to do something on the project.

By the way, thanks for asking.

Yea...Tell your Dr. to check you for Lime Dieases (How ever you spell it!).

Had a freiend that got ot and Damn Near Died! Couldn't walk, hold his kids, Feed him Self....all that Shit!

It's been almost Six years and he is better, but not back to the same. He doesn't have to usse crutches any more, but he still walks easy.

BRUISER July 10th, 2008 11:23 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
figured some you may like the last bike i built..

started life as a 1995 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan cruiser.. knickname = BUBF(Butt Ugly But Fast)

http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_before.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_before2.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_during.jpg

BRUISER July 10th, 2008 11:23 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
more pics

http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_seat_pan3.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_seat_pan2.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_seat_pan.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan3.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcanexhaust.jpg

BRUISER July 10th, 2008 11:23 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
more

http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_primer2.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_primer.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_strut.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_tank2.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_mockup.jpg

BRUISER July 10th, 2008 11:23 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
more

http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcan_license.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/vulcanexhaust2.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/1500customVulcanleft.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/1500customVulcanright.jpg

BRUISER July 10th, 2008 11:24 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
then i decided to repaint it

http://www.impaks.com/images/ken/morebikepics%20002.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/ken/morebikepics%20006.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/ken/morebikepics%20008.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/ken/morebikepics%20009.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/ken/morebikepics%20013.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/ken/morebikepics%20014.jpg
http://www.impaks.com/images/ken/morebikepics%20015.jpg

Mikelrome July 10th, 2008 11:37 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Nice job. I liked it better all black.

V8Transporter July 10th, 2008 05:35 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Wow! From daylight between the rear tire and fender, to reeaally low. :blink: I like what you did with the rear fender and hidden light..nice touch. Great looking bike, and you won't find yourself parking next one just like it.:dancing:

road_dog July 10th, 2008 09:48 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Very Nice Scoot!

crazyman_stanley July 11th, 2008 06:43 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
hey bruiser lets make a club that specializes in customizing ugly ass kawa into customs. haha
nice improvements!

bugdust July 11th, 2008 04:12 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I was at a guys house today that has a garage full of BMWs and Moto Guzzis. He probably has 25 bikes easily...most of them very nice. He told me I could have the BMW with sidecar, 400 miles for $6k

ThrasherBill July 14th, 2008 11:48 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Got the tail light mounted and removed the fender and stock light this weekend.
Next step (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) is the seat cover and then paint.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...bike/tail3.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...bike/tail1.jpg

Mikelrome July 14th, 2008 12:02 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Bill, any chance your going to move all the letric into the tail for that clean look?

ThrasherBill July 14th, 2008 12:04 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 329829)
Bill, any chance your going to move all the letric into the tail for that clean look?


I'd like to but me and wiring don't get along so I think that's more than I want to get into. If I end up tearing the engine down over the winter I might think about it then. Right now the bike is my only transportation so I don't want to take a bunch of stuff apart and then have problems where I can't get it back together right away.

Mikelrome July 14th, 2008 12:13 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
That thing is looking great, Nice work!

crazyman_stanley July 15th, 2008 06:26 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
comin along nice bill. It looks like your bike might be the same as mine. Mines a 79 650. How much get-to-gettin does it got? Any balls at all? Did you rebuild your carbs? Whats the milage?

ThrasherBill July 15th, 2008 08:44 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
It started out as a 78 KZ650SR. Some previous owner stuffed an 81 KZ750 in it with a 4-1 Kerker exhaust and Mikuni carbs. It really needs to be jetted down a bit, it bogs out in the top end. It's pretty quick off the get go but the only thing I have to compare it to is my buddy's ZX11 so it seems a little slow.

jaransonT3 July 15th, 2008 09:32 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I have one of these (Honda Trail 90) in the garage that needs some work...

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/Artwork/Honda90.jpg

and I have not been able to get the idea of doing this to it out of my head...

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/Artwork/Honda90Chop.jpg

What do you all think?

mkparker July 16th, 2008 04:45 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
It's cool, but a lot of work. Maybe that 90cc in one of these would be better?

http://www.kikker5150.com/speed5.jpg

ThrasherBill July 16th, 2008 08:47 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkparker (Post 330260)
It's cool, but a lot of work. Maybe that 90cc in one of these would be better?

http://www.kikker5150.com/speed5.jpg

Aren't those already a 110cc?

sometimesido July 16th, 2008 08:57 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
hey guys i had this thought.
i have this bike,

http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0...31349939_l.jpg

and saw this on ebay the other day,

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5354/8ad61pb0.jpg

it's ninja 250 turned into a mini cruiser.
thoughts, opinions, comments?
keep it stock and get a xs650, cb, etc. for project or go for it?

ThrasherBill July 16th, 2008 09:04 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I'd leave the 250 as is and build a bigger cruiser. The 250 seems like it would be way more fun as is for zipping around town in traffic and a cruiser should be a little more highway and long distance friendly.

Mikelrome July 16th, 2008 09:07 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I like the nakid look of crotch rockets. You could also just put a stunt fairing on it .

ThrasherBill July 16th, 2008 09:07 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Or strip the 250 down and make it a mini street fighter.

http://tekekmeong.files.wordpress.co...inja-250-r.jpg

ThrasherBill July 16th, 2008 09:08 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 330328)
I like the nakid look of crotch rockets. You could also just put a stunt fairing on it .

Great minds....

:funny::funny::funny:

Mikelrome July 16th, 2008 09:17 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
What am I thinking now Bill?





















That's right, about TITS!

ThrasherBill July 16th, 2008 09:34 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
http://www.sportsbikerider.com/useru...hter115-b.jpeg

Mikelrome July 16th, 2008 09:41 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
When I'm thinking about tits. I think in abnormal size.

crazyman_stanley July 16th, 2008 11:46 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
:blink:

ThrasherBill July 16th, 2008 01:06 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaransonT3 (Post 330239)
I have one of these (Honda Trail 90) in the garage that needs some work...

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/Artwork/Honda90.jpg

and I have not been able to get the idea of doing this to it out of my head...

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/Artwork/Honda90Chop.jpg

What do you all think?


http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/a...2&d=1214537681
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/a...3&d=1214537681
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/a...6&d=1214537681

Built by Shinya Kimura of Zero Chopper fame.

Mikelrome July 16th, 2008 01:32 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Zero Bikes!!!!


That dude builds incredible bikes.


http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/k...th_hoon_01.jpg

mkparker July 18th, 2008 12:18 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
These are all WAY to high $$ for me, but some nice lookin' bikes. Maybe a little inspiration for yall!
S&S Cycle 50th Build Off

S&S Home Page

Here's a cafe Sporty to get ya started...
http://www.sscycle50th.com/bikes/gallery/Ace-Cafe_1.jpg

HeliX July 18th, 2008 12:31 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Heres my bike, just finish assembly it.:dancing:
It has 49 cc and this is APN-4 (original have 4 gears, and this one 5) the very good tuned bikes can reach max 110 km/h
this one can about 65/75 max.
The steering wheel is from bike BMX :chillin:
But with the diffrent carburator :)
I don't want to put another carburator cuz here
the gazoline is about 1,50 Euros by one liter.
Anyway the bike is from Slovenia from factory TOMOS , very popular in EX Yu i think that even in U.S.A. have shops
where u can buy motorcycles from this factory u called this moped i think :D




http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...4/DSCN4552.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...4/DSCN4551.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...4/DSCN4554.jpg

ThrasherBill July 27th, 2008 12:30 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Went to a bike show today, was a little bit of everything.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2715.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2714.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2681.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2690.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2693.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2695.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2696.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2698.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2699.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2702.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2703.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2706.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2708.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2709.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2712.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2713.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2719.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/DSCN2718.jpg


A few more HERE

purplemyth July 27th, 2008 05:57 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Nice looking bikes Bill!

I put this in the score thread yesterday, guess I will put a pic here too.

It's rough right , now needs alot of TLC. Gonna tinker with it and see what happens to it~
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71...00018Small.jpg

bringing home a 500 next week in better shape.

Turbo Punk July 27th, 2008 07:03 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Just plain BAD ASS!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...3756.m14.l1318


http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...k/cafebike.jpg

road_dog July 27th, 2008 01:38 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
:love::love::love:

I Love those old Britt Bikes.

Not Sure about #2, But it has the Look!

purplemyth July 28th, 2008 01:35 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I was surfing around , came across this, some might know of it already or have your own manuals, but figured I'd post it anyways because there are many online schematics ~

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts
click your make, then yr ,then model.

Mikelrome July 29th, 2008 12:05 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
http://www.members.tripod.com/JLEIBOVITCH/73d08460.jpg

Mikelrome July 29th, 2008 12:08 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
This mini bike was in another part of the forum. I thought it was cool and posted it here.

purplemyth July 29th, 2008 02:41 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
gee, and turbo hasn't suggested to make a cafe` out of it yet? :Idunno:
Tim, you're slippin! :funny:


Hubby fired up the 750 yesterday. Either the battery is shot or the starter, but there are a couple others in the box, but kick start works~
If it would not be so freakin boiling outside, I'd go tinker cleaning it. :hmm:

max16v July 29th, 2008 05:17 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by purplemyth (Post 333319)
gee, and turbo hasn't suggested to make a cafe` out of it yet? :Idunno:
Tim, you're slippin! :funny:


Hubby fired up the 750 yesterday. Either the battery is shot or the starter, but there are a couple others in the box, but kick start works~
If it would not be so freakin boiling outside, I'd go tinker cleaning it. :hmm:

I'm makin' a cafe out of mine. Got my clip ons installed yesterday and love 'em.

Check out these places for some cheap parts for your 7fiddy.
Parts 'n More
Cycle Recycler
Bike Bandit is good for loads of OEM stuff, but only if your pocketbook is willing.
Cycle Exchange - kick ass chopper stuff and custom parts. Definitely worth a look.

Make sure you have a good battery because that bike will not start without a good battery. Not even with the kicker. I learned the hard way. :hmm:

If you need some info on working on the bike, here's a good source that has helped me so far (I started with zero knowledge about my bike when I bought it) and gave me enough info to get it running good.

http://www.salocal.com/sohc/sohc.htm
Honda Chopper - The "garage" section has good info.

Good luck with your project and keep us updated! :thumbsup:

Scott H August 8th, 2008 09:06 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Buy it now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...EF:MOTORS:1123


http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/03/ac/fd1c_3.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/03/ac/fef2_3.JPG

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/03/ag/019d_3.JPG

Mikelrome August 8th, 2008 09:31 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
That thing is one nice bike. I'd love to see his next build that tops this.

ThrasherBill August 8th, 2008 10:08 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott H (Post 336108)


http://www.giggleplatter.com/screen/queenghetto.jpg

Mikelrome August 8th, 2008 10:44 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I would ride both of them.:funny:
All that bacon for my too little eggs.
http://www.giggleplatter.com/screen/queenghetto.jpg

hal August 8th, 2008 10:48 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 336126)
I would ride both of them.:funny:
All that bacon for my too little eggs.
http://www.giggleplatter.com/screen/queenghetto.jpg

that would explane why you Texicans are bowe legged :blink:

vintage-raze August 8th, 2008 12:40 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hal (Post 336128)
that would explane why you Texicans are bowe legged :blink:



:funny::funny::bow::funny::funny:

Turbo Punk August 9th, 2008 07:29 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I'm just wondering why Bill has that pic on his computer?:huh:

Mikelrome August 9th, 2008 09:27 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/feat...8/06/JeffV.jpg

Mikelrome August 16th, 2008 01:01 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Someone has figured out how to bring home a basket full of groceries. With their bike.


http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...-groceries.jpg

mkparker August 16th, 2008 06:39 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
They'll be out of the gene pool in no time! Bye Bye!

Unkl Ian August 16th, 2008 06:44 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
No shirt,no helmet,no brains.

max16v August 16th, 2008 08:43 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 337824)
Someone has figured out how to bring home a basket full of groceries. With their bike.


http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...-groceries.jpg

Sucks only having a bike when it's time to get groceries. I'm stuck taking a backpack with me and buying what I can fit in it. Usually only last a couple days. I figured out a way to get 2 twelve packs of PBR in my backpack... course that only lasts a couple days too. :funny:

busguy71 August 16th, 2008 09:38 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
How is the shifter connected on that bike? is that a porsche 5 speed side shifter?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 336346)


Gravedigger August 17th, 2008 04:44 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
That photo is reversed, starter is on the wrong side. I think thats a side shifter, you can see what looks like a shifter pedal? I think....

Mikelrome August 17th, 2008 05:01 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
He has a build page I need to find the link.

gatorvws August 17th, 2008 11:01 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 337973)
He has a build page I need to find the link.

You mean this one?

http://www.ogrecycle.blogspot.com/

Tymon August 17th, 2008 01:08 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Hi .
my kz 440A 81'
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/33/dobre2cs3.th.jpg
and shadow 87 year 1100
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6048/gitli6.th.jpg
and K-750 russian boxser 1956 year
for renovation
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1613/kakaob3.th.jpg

I would like sometime to have bobber on engine xs 650 .

Turbo Punk August 17th, 2008 03:09 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Tymon, that 1956 Russian boxer looks NICE!!

Mikelrome August 17th, 2008 07:59 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Who likes Ape hangers?


http://www.funnychill.com/files/weir...motorcycle.jpg

busguy71 August 17th, 2008 08:01 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I cant even comprehend how you can RIDE that thing!!!



... A stupid is, a stupid does........



OMG, look at the sissy bar and exhaust !!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::funny::funny::funny ::funny::funny::funny:

KurseD August 17th, 2008 08:16 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
i believe he rides for "Hells Homos" :(

i like a good set of apes as much as the next guy, but that shit is WEE-TODD-DID!!!!

max16v August 18th, 2008 12:39 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KurseD (Post 338164)
i believe he rides for "Hells Homos" :(

It's not the ape hangers or ridiculous sissy bar that makes it gay.. it's the handlebar tassels.

Spyke August 19th, 2008 05:34 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...

Bought myself an early birthday present last Sunday. Had one before and sold it to buy something else, swore I'd buy another one "someday". :smile:


http://www.teamyikes.com/ads/95dd_12.JPG

vw505 August 22nd, 2008 01:53 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
what bikes would make the best bobbers. I see alot of 80's sport bike on craigslist for under 1500 dollers.

duct-tape August 22nd, 2008 04:42 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 338154)

here is jesse james delivering shaquille's new ride.

Mikelrome August 22nd, 2008 06:27 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vw505 (Post 339155)
what bikes would make the best bobbers. I see alot of 80's sport bike on craigslist for under 1500 dollers.

You can use anything. I like the xs.

1slo3 August 22nd, 2008 10:48 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
i'm building a cross between a bobber and a naked bike with my 86 yamerhammer 600. i'm removing all the extra crap, lowered it 2" and am cutting down the seat/fender a bit. so far i like it alot. oh, and the 55mpg is a nice 'extra'.

1slo3 August 22nd, 2008 10:52 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
personally, i think this bike would be even more striking with a 66 and earlier bug headlight mounted and used as a micro windscreen. but, that's just me

Mikelrome August 22nd, 2008 10:59 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo3 (Post 339282)
i'm building a cross between a bobber and a naked bike with my 86 yamerhammer 600. i'm removing all the extra crap, lowered it 2" and am cutting down the seat/fender a bit. so far i like it alot. oh, and the 55mpg is a nice 'extra'.

How did you do your drop?

Mikelrome August 22nd, 2008 11:34 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Which one to roll :Idunno:http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...utorama038.jpg

http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/03/ac/fef2_3.JPG

1slo3 August 22nd, 2008 12:28 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 339289)
How did you do your drop?

augh... that's the secret! shhh... don't tell anyone. i slide the tubes up in the tree so that i still have full suspension travel. shhhhhhh. the rear was to remove 1 coil from the coil overs. at least until i find a shorter shock.

Mikelrome August 22nd, 2008 12:46 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
WHAT YOU TOOK OUT A COIL!!!

AND RESET THE FORKS!!!!

you can't do that. every one said you cant do that. How did you do that?

I did it and I can't sleep at night. Cuz they said you can't do that.

1slo3 August 22nd, 2008 03:16 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
wow, you sure know how to stay quiet! :funny: thanks, i needed a good friday afternoon laugh.

Mikelrome August 25th, 2008 06:22 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I'd like to see this bike in person.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...sep26-bike.jpg

1slo3 August 25th, 2008 07:48 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
not yet... it is ugly right now. even the red paint on the wheels apparently wasn't done well. when i got the bike, i thought the red was a factory option color. well, after i took soap and water to it, i found out otherwise. now i have these reddish, pinkish, whiteish sort of wheels. doh!

trikertroy August 25th, 2008 04:10 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Its hard to make out, but is that a side car set up... where does he put his feet? V8s are cool,, but they have a real problem..they weigh a lot and very hard (impossible?) to make nimble.. My buddy has a V8 trike and its plenty quick,, but a real handfull on anything but a stright line... http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...sep26-bike.jpg

BullDog August 25th, 2008 05:09 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
definatelt not nimble. I've ridden a boss hoss with a healthy 350 and just the torque of the motor wants to pull you over to one side. but then again a boss hoss isnt out there to do anything more than present shock value.

Mikelrome August 25th, 2008 05:22 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Have you seen the guy who use to ride a bike with a sideways v8? I can't find the page on him butm, He rode with the rear tring to come around on him.

Scott H August 25th, 2008 05:57 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 339917)
Have you seen the guy who use to ride a bike with a sideways v8? I can't find the page on him butm, He rode with the rear tring to come around on him.

The Michigan Madman - E.J. Potter

Scott H August 25th, 2008 06:01 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...chigan-madman/


http://thekneeslider.com/images/ejpotter1.jpg

http://www.virtualindian.org/pix7/ejp2b.jpg

Mikelrome August 25th, 2008 06:02 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Yep that's the dude. That's a crazy Bastard fo sho!

trikertroy August 25th, 2008 06:42 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
On a very cold day at the drags in Miami, the annoncer called out that the Michigan Madman was going to do his thing!.. We all ran to the fences to watch him rev up that small block chevy while his crewman pushed it off its stand....Well..it wasnt one of his best days for sure,,, The bike came off the stand,, lit up the big rear tire and suddenly started to do tornado spins on the starting line!!...Smoke and noise everywhere and EJ was on top of the bike going round and round...Whew!!... Ill remember that one forever!!!

Turbo Punk August 26th, 2008 05:19 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Here's my friends '08 Hayabusa. He had me bid on the extended rear suspension and other parts on ebay for him since he doesn't have an account. The rear is extended out 6" from stock and lowered 2".
The box of parts was delivered to my house on friday, he picked them up at 7:30pm and had everything installed (including a chrome tripple tree) by midnight.:blink:

He said it still handles around corners like stock but he can take off a lot faster than he used to without pulling the front wheel up.

My boy's happier than a pig in shit.:funny:

I'm not too big on "rice" but I love this bike!!

Stock
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../hayabusa2.jpg

Extended and lowered.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../hayabusa1.jpg

HeidelbergJohn4.0 August 26th, 2008 05:58 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
That bike is sick. First time I honestly scared the living hell out of myself on a bike was on a 'busa. It's frightening how easily the front wheel comes up at 100 mph on them. Straight up. Hell, at any speed, they just have so much power. Bikes like the R1 are far more nimble, but they just don't have that brute force sledge hammer feel of the busa.

Turbo Punk August 26th, 2008 06:11 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
The morning after the rear end was put together my buddy's brother-in-law took it for a rip down the street. He laid rubber for a good 200 yards.:grin::thumbsup:

Mikelrome August 26th, 2008 07:25 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Just the word "Hayabusa", Gives me a tingle in the crotch. Turbo Hayabusa makes me pass out. That bike is too drunk to fuck sick.

busguy71 August 28th, 2008 12:50 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
I saw a busa just like this one today, and I gotta ask....why extend the swing arm? Is if for looks or does it actually serve a purpose? (other than not wheelie-ing as much) with that much motor I'm sure it will still stand up pretty easy


Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Punk (Post 340172)
Here's my friends '08 Hayabusa. He had me bid on the extended rear suspension and other parts on ebay for him since he doesn't have an account. The rear is extended out 6" from stock and lowered 2".
The box of parts was delivered to my house on friday, he picked them up at 7:30pm and had everything installed (including a chrome tripple tree) by midnight.:blink:

He said it still handles around corners like stock but he can take off a lot faster than he used to without pulling the front wheel up.

My boy's happier than a pig in shit.:funny:

I'm not too big on "rice" but I love this bike!!

Stock
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../hayabusa2.jpg

Extended and lowered.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../hayabusa1.jpg


vintage-raze August 28th, 2008 01:37 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by busguy71 (Post 340345)
I saw a busa just like this one today, and I gotta ask....why extend the swing arm? Is if for looks or does it actually serve a purpose? (other than not wheelie-ing as much) with that much motor I'm sure it will still stand up pretty easy

Extended swing arms are pretty much only for keeping the front wheel[s] on the ground.

No wheelie = Sweeeeeeeeet acceleration:chillin:

Same reason the sand guys use 'em. You don't want your front wheel[s] coming off the ground when you're haulin' balls up a dune. I imagine it's about the same on the street; try to pass someone on the freeway, front wheel leaves the pavement, :panic:.

Or think of it like a dragster, they're long for a reason :thumbsup:.

HeidelbergJohn4.0 August 28th, 2008 05:16 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
The longer swingarm changes the leverage the rear wheel gets at launch. Stretching the wheelbase and moving the wheel rearward essentially puts more weight on the front. Standing a 180hp bike straight up in the air is not good juju. Being able to do it at 100+ mph in top gear is just sick HP.

Anyone ever see the episode of Pinks where Rich lost it on a bike right in front of the crowd on the return road? classic.

Steve White August 28th, 2008 11:19 AM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeidelbergJohn4.0 (Post 340354)
Anyone ever see the episode of Pinks where Rich lost it on a bike right in front of the crowd on the return road? classic.

lol, he was totally embarrassed about it.

radiotrib August 28th, 2008 12:21 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelrome (Post 339296)

wooo ... Cycledelic !!!

HeidelbergJohn4.0 August 28th, 2008 02:51 PM

Re: Motorcycle Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve White (Post 340443)
lol, he was totally embarrassed about it.

No kiddin. I was amazed they actually put it on the show, but he probably would have cought even more shit if they had edited it out.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ALL text, images, graphics and content herein are Copyright 2002 - 2020 Three Pugs Design - Cut Weld Drive Forums