Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   '37 Volkster Coupe (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30936)

1slo3 June 3rd, 2012 08:45 PM

Re: '37 Volkster Coupe

finally saw the car in person at Woodburn. Freaking AWESOME!!!

markh June 4th, 2012 03:11 PM

Hey there 1slo3. Sorry I didn't have more time earlier to chat with you. Thanks for flagging me down to say Hi.

I was part-timing it in the swap meet with my buddy Ray.

The 40-mile drive was nothing compared to yours! I will say though....that 40-miles was fun! Car ran great...not a single problem, nothing fell off, blew up or broke so I call that a successful day.

For it's debut to the VW community, I let the car stand on it's own. Pretty much just sat back and watched the reactions of people and hearing what they were saying about the car. There were a couple accusations about it being a fiberglass kit and others confused why someone would bring a Ford to a VW meet.:Idunno:

1jarhead2 June 4th, 2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markh (Post 543304)
For it's debut to the VW community, I let the car stand on it's own. Pretty much just sat back and watched the reactions of people and hearing what they were saying about the car. There were a couple accusations about it being a fiberglass kit and others confused why someone would bring a Ford to a VW meet.:Idunno:

Roflmao. That is awesome. I had a guy tell me,not knowing that das Speedster is my car,"I dont know why this car is here,all he did was cut the roof off and remove the fenders". I just laughed and shook my head. I guess we could have saved us hours of labor and just cut the roof off or buy a Ford.lol

Doc June 4th, 2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1jarhead2 (Post 543314)
Roflmao. That is awesome. I had a guy tell me,not knowing that das Speedster is my car,"I dont know why this car is here,all he did was cut the roof off and remove the fenders". I just laughed and shook my head. I guess we could have saved us hours of labor and just cut the roof off or buy a Ford.lol

I'm a noob to the topless Volksrods, but only working on mine for a week with no engine swap from rear to front, and pretty much just reuseing all the old parts.... not easy. Had a nabor guy come to see what I'm doing and when he went to open the front hood he was surprised to see no engine, he is also a hotrod know it all too.... Re-useing the roof over the back still isn't just putting it back there, alot of time gets put into just chopping it in half and leveling the dam thing to make that body line you want. You guys are definatly the masters of VW roadsters. :bow:

SharpShoeter June 5th, 2012 01:31 PM

The Volkster looks very sweet...

briancustoms July 11th, 2012 09:58 AM

Wow!! Turned out awesome Mark!!

junkyardoval October 3rd, 2012 04:54 PM

Rods are just like women. Just when you think you have what you want for the rest of your life someone comes along with one that just blows you away. Then you say" Son of a bitch I have got to have that." :love:

Your car is at the top of the want list. Well done.

Ernie

markh October 23rd, 2012 07:45 AM

Been a while since an update, but here you go.

The show season in the Pacific NW is pretty much over.
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...12showyear.jpg

Went 6 for 6 showings. Five Best in Class and One Sponsor's Choice.

Leaving the last show, I stripped the driver's side brake drum. Had no idea what it was initially, thought it was a major trans issue. Only after I was about to drop the motor did I discover the the issue.

All fixed and awaiting the new buyer. Should be out of the garage come Jan/Feb.

I've been planning my next one so stay tuned!

Dbug41 October 23rd, 2012 10:19 AM

We wait with bated breath!

1jarhead2 October 23rd, 2012 03:44 PM

Nice season for the Volkster and you. Cant wait to see whats next.

markh October 23rd, 2012 04:48 PM

I'm getting anxious to build something.
Speaking of what's next, hope you get your price on Das Speedster. Nice job on all the magazine coverage by the way. Well deserved!

1jarhead2 October 23rd, 2012 08:43 PM

I hired a marketing guy to sell it for me as he is a former Marine buddy of mine and has a proven track record on selling cars for us so who knows?lol.
Thanks and like you I cant wait to get started on the next one.

liquidvisiongary November 3rd, 2012 09:26 PM

looks wicked!!

Metal Twister January 25th, 2013 09:06 PM

New here but must say you did yourself proud with that one! Its beautiful and you nailed the proportions. Looks like a mini 37 Zephyr coupe Im building.

vwhabit March 13th, 2013 06:58 AM

Wow! Great job does not describe your hard work and perfect outcome!