Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Cut-Weld-Drive Forums (http://volksrods.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Cutting Board (http://volksrods.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   while steve's away.... (http://volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6210)

1slo3 April 22nd, 2005 08:35 PM

It looks like i just traded the green squareback away for this:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=153945

It is/was a buddy of mine's up in Portland. Looks like I am in for a road trip next weekend!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/707817.jpg

alltypesvw April 22nd, 2005 08:40 PM

oh my goodness that is too sweet! I love the panel on the side, is that wood grain??? I would just polish it up, drop it , scub the rubber on the tires to make wide whites and roll like wild.. that's it, other than a really good cleaning an maintenance issues (that lens and trim piece, lots of cleaning, stuff like that) it is too cool I love it!

1slo3 April 22nd, 2005 08:50 PM

yep, the plan is to stop drop and roll... after a bath [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]

jaransonT3 April 23rd, 2005 03:45 AM

That will be cool. I like it....especialy after slammin it and painting on some wide whites.

Kinda like this. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=4570]

dayzwalker April 23rd, 2005 02:35 PM

I dunno why everyone thinks of the T4's as the red headed stepchild of the vw line...I really like them. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] There was that one that Thom pointed out on ebay that was just LOADED with parts in it. I think they are a pretty cool lookn lil squareback. I've always been a fan of the T3 squarebacks and to me, the T4's have a lil more character since you don't see them everywhere. Good score Brian! I'd like to see it again once its rollin along. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img]

bugdust April 23rd, 2005 08:44 PM

Sweeet!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] I've always liked them too. They remind me of my o73 & 74 Opel wagons that I had as a teenager [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

1slo3 April 23rd, 2005 08:53 PM

no wide whites for me... i might turn them into red lines though!

jaransonT3 April 23rd, 2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1slo3@Apr 24 2005, 12:53 AM
no wide whites for me... i might turn them into red lines though!
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>

Did someone say redlines???
[attachmentid=4583]

ROGER LAWLESS April 23rd, 2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1slo3@Apr 22 2005, 08:35 PM
It looks like i just traded the green squareback away for this:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=153945

It is/was a buddy of mine's up in Portland. Looks like I am in for a road trip next weekend!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/707817.jpg

I havn't seen one of those for awhile. Does it run?

1slo3 April 23rd, 2005 09:36 PM

for about 3 minutes at a time... gonna run the FI tester on it after i get it home

jaransonT3 April 23rd, 2005 09:37 PM

here is one without the woodgrain.....white panel instead
[attachmentid=4584]

ROGER LAWLESS April 23rd, 2005 09:38 PM

I never thought I'd see a type 4 woody. Hey Where's the surfboard dude? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stoned.gif[/img]

They are kinda nice since you don't see them except for about once a year, maybe. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Roger

ratlook63 April 23rd, 2005 09:50 PM

Where's Nick with the oldbug.com surfwagon pic [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

ROGER LAWLESS April 23rd, 2005 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ratlook63@Apr 23 2005, 09:50 PM
Where's Nick with the oldbug.com surfwagon pic [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Does anybody know where I can buy a complete front axle set-up, 'I' beam or tube, for my new RatRod project? I already have a set of five early Ford wheels and a 58 VW rag to Rat out.

PapaG April 24th, 2005 07:06 AM

Nice find Brian. Looks like it will a easy fixer upper.

NCbug April 24th, 2005 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ROGER LAWLESS+Apr 23 2005, 10:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ROGER LAWLESS @ Apr 23 2005, 10:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ratlook63@Apr 23 2005, 09:50 PM

Does anybody know where I can buy a complete front axle set-up, 'I' beam or tube, for my new RatRod project? I already have a set of five early Ford wheels and a 58 VW rag to Rat out.
[/b][/quote]

whats this have to do with this thread [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img] , not to hijack the thread or anything but try ebay [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

ROGER LAWLESS April 24th, 2005 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NCbug+Apr 24 2005, 07:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NCbug @ Apr 24 2005, 07:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:

Originally posted by ROGER LAWLESS@Apr 23 2005, 10:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ratlook63
Quote:

@Apr 23 2005, 09:50 PM

whats this have to do with this thread [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img] , not to hijack the thread or anything but try ebay [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
F--K Ebay. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] All they ever have is tons of ads and nothing I want.

TheSamba is one of the best VW sites in the world, other than this one.

Whoda thought he was a politician?

Nick April 24th, 2005 10:43 AM

The Samba won't have any I-beams becasue VW never made I-beams. There are alot on ebay, if you don't want ot use it then that's fine then look at Vintage American forums or swap meets then to find vintage American parts.

NCbug April 24th, 2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ROGER LAWLESS+Apr 24 2005, 08:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ROGER LAWLESS @ Apr 24 2005, 08:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:

Originally posted by NCbug@Apr 24 2005, 07:13 AM
Quote:

Originally posted by ROGER LAWLESS@Apr 23 2005, 10:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ratlook63

Quote:

Quote:

@Apr 23 2005, 09:50 PM

F--K Ebay. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] All they ever have is tons of ads and nothing I want.

TheSamba is one of the best VW sites in the world, other than this one.

Whoda thought he was a politician?
[/b][/quote]

yeah the samba wont have any I beams nor any other vw site

hotrodheb April 24th, 2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ROGER LAWLESS+Apr 23 2005, 10:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ROGER LAWLESS @ Apr 23 2005, 10:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ratlook63@Apr 23 2005, 09:50 PM

[/b][/quote]
Dude, what the hell are you trying to do? I know you are a newbie still, but your question has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic nor does it have anything to do with what you quoted with your question!

Yes, some topics do get hijacked around here, but those usually just go off on a tangent... This one just makes me go W.T.F.!!!

By the way Brian, that is a very nice and complete Type 4 there! I am sure you will have fun with it! (This thread has now been returned to it's original topic... any more discussion of the hijacking, and all offending material will be deleted! Don't mess with me, I am tired and sore!)

Hapster April 24th, 2005 05:20 PM

Hey, that is a really nice one. I drove one for a boss of mine about 5 months. It does have fuel injection. Mine had an automatic. What about this one?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

1slo3 April 24th, 2005 07:58 PM

FI and Auto! best of both worlds... gonna drop it and drive it!

dayzwalker April 24th, 2005 08:04 PM

maybe I've missed this discusion beofre. but Brian maybe you can enlighten me on the whole autostick setup....cause it seems like everytime an argument comes up about AS with T1's people hate them. But then everytime they are mentioned in refernce to T3's people love them. Whats the big difference...if any???

alltypesvw April 24th, 2005 08:28 PM

the t 1's had autostick.. t3's and 4's had true auto transmissions

the autostick is wierd because you can shift it, it's just stick for the clutch innept, wierd thing is that if you didn't care about getting off the line at all, you can start in 4th and not stall.. it's sluggish off the line in first too tho

dayzwalker April 24th, 2005 08:31 PM

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh ok [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Thanks for clearing that up Thom! Did volkswagen keep making the autostick in the mexican beetles until they stopped production on them, or were they mainly all sticks? Were autosticks mostly found in supers or standards? Guess I've never really payed any attention to the "auto magic" side of the vw realm till now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]