View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2014, 02:47 AM   #42
richie
Forum Member

Default Re: Effigy's history

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post
ok, so I got it to run tonight.. Timing was off, had to rotate the distributor about 1/2 an inch counter clockwise.. but it finally starts..

now I have to get the idle set.. My throttle cable MIGHT be a tiny bit too long, I have it adjusted almost as far as it will go to tighten it up but it still requires just the slightest bit of pressure on the gas pedal or it sputters out and dies..

once i get the idle set I can zero in the timing and then work on tuning the carbs.. but hey, baby steps :) it runs gain so I'm relatively happy for now..

edit: also have a good amount of white smoke coming out of one exhaust pipe.. I'm guessing it's because that glasspack is brand new so maybe there's shit inside that needs to burn away or something.. should i be concerned?
Fer the cable issue......you shouldnt have to adjust the cable for idle speed........I wouldnt think anyway.....should just be a stop screw on the carb.....I see it in yer other pic.....its at the 12 oclock behind the wheels.

Last edited by richie; February 21st, 2014 at 02:52 AM.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote