View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #45
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Effigy's history

So I took it on it's first trip outside my neighborhood last night! :D

I have a routine on Mondays/Tuesdays... I go to the American Legion near my house for a couple hours, then to a Pool Hall for league play.. The Legion is just over 8 miles from my house and the pool hall is between the legion and my house, so I felt comfortable making that trip..

I need to adjust the valves again I think, I can hear a ticking that increases in frequency at higher speeds, so I'm guessing I've got a pushrod bouncing.. and it's running a bit fast at idle and rich because the carbs are set at lean best idle (adjustment screws lightly seated, then backed out one full turn..) but it runs! :)

I took the streets to the Legion and it backfires occasionally during shifts, but i think that's mostly just carb adjustment..

Leaving the Legion, I took it on the freeway for about 3/4 a mile, got up to about 60mph (traffic), and took the streets home from pool, no issues at all.. well except that I've driven modern cars since 2008 and forgot how hard it is to turn a wheel with no power steering or how stiff a brake pedal is with no power breaks :P

bottom line: I don't think I fucked up my engine rebuild or MSD install

now I just have to figure out how I'm going to reattach my rear apron so I can re-install my decklid..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is online now   Reply With Quote