View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #46
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Effigy's history

dropped it off at Car Craft today to have them tune my carbs..

Currently it runs but the carbs at at "lean best idle" because I was never good at tuning em.. I'd rather just throw money at someone else to get it done right than to bang my head against the wall for a few days to get it done, mostly right :P

Assuming everything goes well and they get it running strong and proper, the next step is to figure out how I'm going to reattach my rear apron..

I took a grinder to the edges to remove it, instead of unbolting the fenders and drilling out the spot welds. When it was attached there were clearance issues with my exhaust.. The exhaust was touching it at all times and after driving for a bit,the whole rear apron would be hot to the touch.

I'm thinking of bolt on solutions because I still don't have a 220v plug for my welder. Best guess at an idea right now is a couple of small angle brackets.. bolt one side with the fender bolts, then drill holes in the apron to put some bolts through there too. It won't be pretty but it will work. I'm not going for show quality, just functional.

Since I know I have clearance issues, I think I'm going to try and make it stick out maybe 1/2 an inch or an inch so the exhaust clears, but not so far that it sticks out from the fenders a ton..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote