View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2015, 06:27 AM   #195
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Effigy's history

So I went to Fastenal's website because we have one local and before I had gone into it I would buy hardware from Home Depot or Ace.. tried ordering the nutserts and tiny screws and they wanted to charge me $9 shipping. I didn't see an option to have them shipped to the store for pick up, thinking it would negate the shipping charge..

I called the store and ordered them, again, thinking I would negate the shipping charge since I was driving to the damn store to pick them up. Picked them up yesterday and was charged $8 for shipping.

whatever, I have the hardware now. Gotta run some errands first, then I'll work on cutting the rest of the holes and test fitting the driver's side.. if it all fits correctly, I'll use them as templates for the passenger side, then I can start putting fabric on.

I ordered a bunch of the rubber cups and clips from ACN when I ordered my alternator, so that should all be here monday.
Still not certain what I want to do for a door pull/arm rest. I don't like how the stock one looks, plus, my stock ones are faded and cracked dark blue.. but I'm not sure what I want to use.

Kinda think something like this might look good, but don't wanna spend that much on em..

https://www.streetrodhq.com/detail/3...oor_Panel.html

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote