View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2016, 12:03 PM   #216
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Effigy's history

Finally got a chance to go mess with the bug some more.. I'm a little upset with a local shop, but it's my own fault for being stupid..

I dropped it off with them to tune the carbs, figuring they'd swap jets etc until it ran right.. they instead claim to have synced the carbs, but left my jets alone.. It ran a little better, but didn't start any better in cold weather. and I have no idea what they did, but they charged me for 6.5 hours of labor, which came out to just under $400.. I pretty much got robbed.

In about an hours time today, I jacked up the back end, removed the rear tires, pulled the carbs one at a time, swapped my 52 idles for 60 idles, put it all back, and adjusted mixture screws.

The shop had the mixtures two full turns out, which is where you put them to START.. with the 60 idles, they are now all about 1- 1 1/4 out and it's running a lot better..

oh well, live and learn right? :/ that $400 could have gone towards the digital CHT gauge and sensors I want.. fuck.

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote