Thread: Up Yours!
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2019, 08:58 AM   #16
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Up Yours!

Hello again everyone!

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but last week, some of you may have noticed what i did, that the site went down for a day or so. It came back up, but it was just another reminder of something, We all take this place for granted. Myself included.

I know I've said this before, but I'm gonna keep saying it. Site Supporter subscriptions help keep this place alive, but they in no way shape or form fully fund the costs to do so. Steve pays out of pocket every month for us to have this form and all the history and tech know how it houses.

I know money is tight for everyone, but $25 a year isn't a whole lot, that's less than $1 per day in a single month. and every bit can help.

I dread the day that I try to log in and the site is gone for good, but I also totally understand that it is a very real possibility because what motivation does Steve really have to keep this place alive? If it were me, I might consider shutting it down to have that money back in my bank account every month, but we're fortunate that he hasn't made that decision yet.

Let's each do what we can to make this place somewhere worthy of the server space it takes up! We're all over north America and Europe, find out where your local VolksRodders are and lets start doing meets and hang outs again! I'd love to see a return of the temporary merch solution that was set up a few years ago. I forget the website but we would get VR stuff on all sorts of products and that money supported the site (I still love my set of volksrod coasters..:P ) who else needs new shirts or hoodies? Are there any graphic artists that would be willing to donate some of their time for new designs? This community is USER driven, this isn't a place to have things given to you, we all need to get back to giving to each other and the club :)

There's still a few of us (and seems to be more lately) who were here back in the day when this place was like a close knit family. That feeling is why I keep the tab open and check it daily, we had all the knowledge of the Samba, with none of the bullshit bickering and it was fun and inclusive, I want that back, help me figure out how to get there.

Ok, i went way sideways and off topic, but I've been wanting to say this for a while, so here it is.

Thanks for listening to me ramble!

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote