Thread: purplemyth
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #78
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: purplemyth

lil update and a change of pace.
Super is running, but what a pain! several engines later, it's down to needing a generator, yeah a generator. I thought they all had alts by now~ oh well, he's driving dragon on & off so sometime this weekend, if it gets cooler, he'll fix it.
ok, the change~
remember this score?

ok, the engine has been tested, runs fine along with the old 1200 that has been sitting in the corner for a year~

The bike~ a CB750 four. $45. He has spent some time, got it running, the other day he switched out the starter with an old scrap 900 out back (some of you may remember it too)
So now that works.

He has switched the tank too, and last night he started stripping it down to basics. He has been surfing bobber pics and has some ideas, I just need to make some lines for him to play with.

Here it is~

The guy we got this from is hard to get ahold of. He also has a 500 that hubby wants as a daily driver. Whenever he gets it, I'll post pics.

Yeah back in this multiple build thread, I said I'm not fond of bikes, but now with gas at $4, I'll deal with it.
So as this transforms, I'll post pics~
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote