View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:18 AM   #19
Ron burgandy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Rear swing axle air suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
I'd start looking at rat rods.. I've seen more then a few bagged so they can just slam onto the ground and shoot sparks everywhere. Or even look at what it takes.. then plot it out.

Even if you have to scribble out the plan on a napkin with a crayon it will help.. or use MS paint or something. There's multiple questions you need to ask yourself, like what the hell are you trying to accomplish. I don't know much about air bags but they seem relatively simple.. I'm still a newbie here but I like it here because most of the people have a foot into the wacky unknown.. So if you post a design or an idea I betcha one person would tell you if its gonna work or not.. Or hell if you come up with something that does work.. still post it.. that way if somebody asks the same question we can bash it over their head and direct them your way
Belive me I have a notebook full of ideas. The problem is that most bagged bugs ahve stock size tires so its easy to get on the ground. Now when your running a 28" tall tire it becomes alot harder to get that low. Mind you I have a 4" trans raise. I have swapped from a short axle to long axle set up so the tires can have the extreme negative camber needed to get on the ground. Now welcome to my world, lol