View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #5
Dave Cormack
Forum Member

The Volvo disc brakes for the front are an old street rodder's trick. They use the same bearings and races and seals as a '37 Ford. The thing is, the '37 Ford spindle (which is what I am using) is longer than the Volvo spindle, so you, before you put the new bearing races in, you have to get, or machine, a spacer, to shove the inner bearing race out farther, so everything fits the Ford spindle. I am going to have to make my own caliper mounts, and I haven't gotten around to that yet...And know that the Volvo lug pattern is 5 on 4-1/2 or 4-3/4, I foget which right now, so, in order to run the early Ford wire wheels, you pretty much have to run adapters. I got the adapters from a guy at the Big 3 swap meet in San Diego a few months ago, and know that they work, as I have had the Frod wires on the Volvo rotors already, via those adapters. I have his business card at work, if anyone needs him, he says he makes adapters to pretty much make anything fit anything, and they are a quality piece, and they were 100 bucks for 2 of them, including all the needed lug nuts and bolts. Hope this helps...