View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #274
Ace of Shades
Forum Member

Default Re: '37 Volkster Coupe

both of the painters I have worked with never used sealers. My boss swears by it, but there is a HUGE difference in the painters finished products and my boss'.

The last one I worked with was helping me with the 66 buick I painted. I told him I was going to seal it white so its all one color and then shoot the blue over it. (there were two different primers on it, a dark gray and a light gray)
By the look on his face when I said I was going to seal it you would have thought I slapped him in the face with my wiener. "I didn't spend 3 fucken' days going over that car with 200, 320, 400 and then 600 so you could spray that orange pealy bull shit sealer on the car. You want it one color, paint the fucker white then paint it blue."
After he calmed down and I asked him to explain a little better he said the way he looked at it is that the sealer is not needed. If you don't have the confidence in your primer use a different primer. You spend all that time sanding it to perfection, then you spray this shit over the top of it that never flows out and it makes everything look like poo.
I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU
Ace of Shades is offline   Reply With Quote