View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #641
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: O/T computer help desk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
there's a bunch of them, mostly works from quick formats or accidental deletes. I've never tried them on corrupt harddrives but tried it on a crashed USB flash thumb drive and it worked. They don't always get 100% of your data back, but sometimes as long as you get a few then it's better than nothing. But still your BIOS needs to at least still be able to see your harddrive, not necessarily the format or partition.

I forgot which programs I've tried and had success though. No real true free ones, may say free but free to see what's recoverable then pay to actually recover it. But there's ways to make them free/get full versions for free. More at www.downloads.com
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sa...y+tool&spell=1
when i hook the drive up it still shows up as a drive, it's just getting corrupted files and whatnot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobey View Post
An external RAID? Or was the "single housing" an attempt to describe a RAID config?
it's two 500Gb, that can be set up as 500Gb that mirrors itself on the second drive, or 1Tb that has no backup..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is online now   Reply With Quote