View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #33
fernon
Forum Member

Default Re: Fat Chicks n' Mopeds

Milli Vanilli

We were able to get a full weekend to work on the Volksrod so first thing Saturday morning we went down to pick up the steel (10' x 4' 20ga Cold Rolled Steel and some bar stock to make brackets), so that we could start working on the panels for the car. As soon as we got back we jumped right in and started to make the seat brackets so that we can finally mount the seats in the car.

The pan had to be modified so that the new brackets would fit.

Then we fabbed up some cool little brackets for the seats. The one on the left is after the welds were ground down.

Then we started to weld the new brackets in place so that we could put the seats in the car and start to work on the steering column.

First we had to make a bracket so that the steering column can mount to the car.

Now that the column is in position we can start to make it look good.

First we made a template pattern so that we can get the spacing that we want on the column.

Then I drilled a shit load of holes in the column with the mill.

We worked that bit hard today.

Here is a look at the column before I started to de-burr it.

All cleaned up and put back together.

Back in the car and a bracket mounted at the bottom was added for more stability.

Here it is all mounted in the car, now we get to take it all apart and tig weld it all together. I'm petty happy with the way it came out.

Forum Members Comments (Fernon's Chop)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why do you have to "put your two cents in,"
but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"?
Where's that extra penny going to?

Just remember saying I'm sorry and appologizing are the same thing.
Unless you are at a funeral.

Last edited by fernon; August 1st, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
fernon is offline   Reply With Quote