View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #36
fernon
Forum Member

Default Re: Fat Chicks n' Mopeds

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Holy Shit, has it really been over three months since we did anything on this build. Well in the words of the immortal Ferris Bueller - Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. We both have been busy with so many other projects that we just havenít had the time to work on the V-Rod.

So for now lets get back to work on the V-Rod, We finished welding up the other side of the latter work on the beam brace.

After that we ground down all of the welds so that we can mount it back in to the front end.

Then we proceeded to make the frame-head brace that will tie into the beam brace, working on the drivers side first we added cross members to the rear of the frame-head back to the bulkhead.

Here you can see it all tied together with all of the support in the front end. Yes, this is one over-engineered front end but it is not going anywhere, that is one solid-ass front end. I still need to add some gussets on the top and mounting plates on the back wall.

I even have room in there for the brake reservoir to mount on the master cylinder and still get to it. We had to ditch the front end battery though.

Next we started to custom fab the hood locking set-up. We are still fabbing and designing the locking mechanism so this may actually change. We are not happy with the set-up right now so we may go back to the stock latch mechanism but we are trying to keep this in the inside of the hood, it's something that nobody will ever see or should I say notice but it looks kool as shit.

Until next time...

Forum Members Comments (Fernon's Chop)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why do you have to "put your two cents in,"
but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"?
Where's that extra penny going to?

Just remember saying I'm sorry and appologizing are the same thing.
Unless you are at a funeral.

Last edited by fernon; August 1st, 2017 at 09:36 AM.
fernon is offline   Reply With Quote