View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #50
fernon
Forum Member

Default Re: Fat Chicks n' Mopeds

Evil Kenevil Got Nothing On Me

Well lets just say it has been a busy and exciting weekend here at the Nut House.

Saturday we loaded up and went to the
2011 Super Chevy Show
and my son Hunter went racing on the Go-Kart track that they have there, then we walked around the Swap Meet and I wound up buying a Motorcycle for him. (we'll come back to this later)...

Sunday we wake up and decide to go to the
2011 Festival Car Show
and we got to meet up with Kevin (Kremy5) and see his car in person. Kevin I have to hand it to you, me and the Evil Metal Genius just love the car and we had a great time B.S. with you. It is definitely a fun ride and the artwork on the hood is just perfect, you did a great job on this build.

After the show we decided that we need to get off our asses and get back to work on the car.

So as we are working on the car I decide to play around with the motorcycle that I just bought my son. I figure that I would see if I can get it running right for him before I let him play around on it and get hurt...

So I fire it up and pop it in gear and the bike takes off like a bat outa hell... so as I am trying to pop it out of gear I am heading to wards the canal in the back yard, so I did the only thing I could and lock up the brakes and lay it down.

Needles to say the Evil Kenevil jokes were flying the rest of the day. After that I decided to go back to work on what I was suppose to be working on to begin with.

So we started to work on the rear deck lid again, we made a new inner piece so that we could make our latching system for the deck lid.

Then we proceeded to make the pin system for the deck lid.

Tacking the backer plate to the inner shell.

Trimming the bracket for the receiver.

Tacking in the new plate that will have the hole for the pin.

Then I proceeded to use my new toy and put a shit load of holes into the new plate.

I have to say that the Hydraulic Punch Press is definitely one of the best things that I have bought for this build. It has saved hours of time punching holes in the metal. Now I can go NUTS with holes in this car.
Here is a video of it in action

Here is the panel with all of the holes punched and dimple died.

The panel looks good in side the deck lid that no one will ever see.

Next it's time to work on the bracket that holds the latch pin hole and also the mounting system for the license plate, You didn't think we were just going to slap a license plate on the back of this thing...

Forum Members Comments (Fernon's Chop)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why do you have to "put your two cents in,"
but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"?
Where's that extra penny going to?

Just remember saying I'm sorry and appologizing are the same thing.
Unless you are at a funeral.

Last edited by fernon; August 1st, 2017 at 09:49 AM.
fernon is offline   Reply With Quote