View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #1
grumpy
Mr. Asshole Moderator

Default Bugtoberfest 2009

I guess I am a bit late in the game but here is the thread.

The show is in its 17th year, 8th at the Toad Suck Park location.

Plenty of shade to park under (if you get there early), on site bathrooms. The Central Arkansas Volks-Folks, the host club, will have the grill fired up and selling burgers and dogs on the cheap. There will be coffee and such on hand for donations. There is playground in the same area as we park the cars, so the kids can have fun too.

This is a non profit club and show, all proceeds will go to our charity with some also going to the Greg Contreras fund.

Camping is just over the bridge from the show site, and I do mean just over the bridge, less than a 1/2 mile drive, see the google map pic. I called today and was told water and electricity is at each site, place for camp fire, as well as full bathrooms. Half the area is for reservations, the other have is first come first served, the reservation ones have a river view. I did not get the cost of the sites but I will call Wednesday or you can and post, 501-759-2005.

The show has about 50-60 cars, but we have room for 100 so there is plenty of room to setup chairs and displays.

Show registration is day of the event and is $20, same for swap meet spot. For your 20 spot you get a show shirt, goodie bag with and a door prize ticket. Show shirts will also be available for sale.

We will have 21 classes (air and water cooled) but if some classes get a bit too full we can add a few more.

If you want to stay at a local hotel just post up and I can recommend one, we do not have a rate setup with one at this item.

Here is the address for the GPS and google map people. Post up if you need directions.

6298 Ark. 60 W Conway, AR

or

35 4' 32.4'' N / 92 32' 9'' W

This is a Corp of Engineers park so it is DRY as well as a DRY county take that for what its worth we are all grown ups. wink wink nudge nudge say no more

Come on out, camp, have fun and help us grow our show.

**new info
I called and found out the prices for camping, $20 for A, B and C and $18 for D, this is per night. Each camp site has a fire ring and a grill. For the full on campers there is a dump for your "stuff"

I just confirmed, we will have a DJ at the show so tunes all day long.

The samba thread since I am too lazy to copy it all.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=377512