Total Online: 624

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by DrHax
- by Bugula

Old June 30th, 2005, 03:28 AM   #301
BiggJ22
Forum Member

After fixing the broken pin from the shift rod in my bus, I realized I no longer have reverse lock-out. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] And first gear is now a pain in the ass to get into. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] so I am tearing shit apart to figure out what isn't fucking working right now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] Other than that I'm just drinking my usual way too fucking much, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] and smoking way too fucking much [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img] . At least by the standards set by my two ex-wives. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img]

67 Bug
74 Bug
'70 Baywindow - Sophie (sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Don't underestimate the power of my nuts.
My nuts laugh at your feeble attempts of protection.
BiggJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:57 AM   #302
ConductorX
Forum Member

I added a '66 bug to my collection. This one is real sweet with no pan or channel rust. It does have some body rust and various dents and dings. But it runs good, has a clear title and recent inspection.

No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #303
spraypaintspecial
Forum Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Talked to a new lady friend for two hours on the phone.... she called me
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #304
73vwrodder
Forum Member

nothing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]
73vwrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #305
Griznant
Forum Member

Worked on my shit-ass boat. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img]

Whoever designed the outdrive can suck my balls! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img]

Meanwhile, all VW projects sit collecting dust because of that whore!
Griznant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:49 PM   #306
NICKSTER

Quote:
Originally posted by spraypaintspecial@Jun 30 2005, 10:04 AM
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Talked to a new lady friend for two hours on the phone....
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>

How much was it per minute? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

Was it good? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Old July 1st, 2005, 04:05 PM   #307
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Thought a lot about Pete (haven't we all) sanded the VolksRods.com logo off of the go cart. It looked like hell and needed to be redone then resprayed the go cart flat black. I gotta pick up a can of propellent to spray a 2 tone paint job tomorrow (charcoal metallic with flat black side panels and hood insert). ......Tim
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 04:24 PM   #308
busguy71
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo Punk@Jul 1 2005, 04:05 PM
Thought a lot about Pete (haven't we all) sanded the VolksRods.com logo off of the go cart. It looked like hell and needed to be redone then resprayed the go cart flat black. I gotta pick up a can of propellent to spray a 2 tone paint job tomorrow (charcoal metallic with flat black side panels and hood insert). ......Tim
my transmission is bigger than your go kart [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

This weeks job: pharmacudical courier
busguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 06:34 AM   #309
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

also thought alot about pete...spoke to steve a few times and worked on reconstructing the firewall area of the truck. got a fair amount done......next step probably is to install the new heater channels and front quarters
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 07:18 AM   #310
speedfreak
Forum Member

mowed the lawn, thought about Pete and Melanie. did a little work in the garage
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 08:24 AM   #311
73vwrodder
Forum Member

though about pete and melanie.
73vwrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 04:45 PM   #312
Zappally
Forum Member

Spent the morning at work walking around like a useless twat thinking about Pete & Mel & was suffering from tooth ache, so I told the boss I was off to the emergency dental clinic & could I have the disabled parking pass as I refused to pay the damn parking fees. Finally got the tooth yanked & end up only working about 3 hours out of 8.

I then spent the afternoon with my kids watching the Live 8 concert & generally just trying to chill.

Don't think, Accept the mystery, Stay in the moment!

Visit the all new Salvage Sanctuary.

'70 Beetle project 'Excentrifugal Forz'

'91 VW 1.9 Transporter
Zappally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM   #313
jaransonT3
Type 3 Nut

Besides thinking about Pete and Melanie and doing some graphics for the various shirts and stuff, I finished building this center console for my buddy Rich's 48 Plymouth streetrod. I know, a bit Boydish for this group, but it fits with his car.

Cool thing about this project is that I got to try a bunch of different stuff and make some contacts in the Lab. For instance the A/C and ignition key bezel is waterjet cut from 1/2" aluminum plate and then I shaped it and polished it. The window switch bezel plate is something I ball milled the slots in with the Bridgeport in our DIY shop at the Lab. I also made a form and vacuum-formed the black plastic A/C duct. The only pieces of the console that are not custom made are the original 1948 trim bezel at the top of the console, the radio, and the ignition and window switches. The console itself is made of 1/2" strawboard (lo density MDF) and either prepped ad painted or wrapped in leather. I will have to get some pics of it installed in his car next week.
'69 Square (Panel wanna-be)
'70/'71 Fasty (Jane - the Lead Sled project)

My Home Page
CarArt by John Jaranson
2010 Type 3 Invasion
jaransonT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 06:34 PM   #314
Springdog
Forum Member

hmm, yesterday....sat on top of a C130 and thought of Pete, hoping he's getting better....... Hey John, cool center console; that's gonna look great! Look forward to seeing the installed pics....I'd love to come up with one for my bug, but there's still too many other things to do; hoping to have him running pretty soon...
Springdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:16 AM   #315
lunatic_magnet
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

checked the board to see how pete and melanie were doing... then went out and replaced the front wheel cylinders on the 68. bled them some, but still need to bleed them more. put the steering column in heathers trans am back together with a new turn signal switch and stalk....
volksrods member #39
forget wd-40 and duct tape... i have a sawzall and a welder.
lunatic_magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:21 AM   #316
Turd Ferguson
Forum Member

Are you a Herc flyer or fixer SpringDog?
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:55 AM   #317
Nick
Forum Member

Jaranson, that console looks sweet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] Not too over the top as I usually see.

Yesterday I did some welding until my gas ran out. Now I can't work on my car for the rest of the extended weekend anymore [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img]

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 12:17 PM   #318
Springdog
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Jul 3 2005, 01:21 PM
Are you a Herc flyer or fixer SpringDog?
Just a fixer :) Love it though!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Springdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 12:39 PM   #319
57Drag
Forum Member

Drove to Ga. and pulled the car outside and installed the hinges and door....Now I have 2 doors [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] I also worked on the inside latches or handles.Going with stainless rod screwed into the latch (thru small slots in the door)with a custom ball to open the door.Going to be able to lock the passenger door by pushing the ball up and the drivers door from the outside on the ice pick.Pics wont be until next week(forgot the camera).I also drove around in the yard some [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] ....Donald
57Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:29 PM   #320
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Here is what I have been working on for the last week! Last Friday morning this bathroom had linoleum that was bubbling up on the floor, water damage as well as wallpaper that was painted over (two layers of wallpaper on some walls!) I have a few more things to do still. There will be a wood molding that goes around the room to finish off the top of the tile border. this wood molding will be stained to match the vanity. Since this picture was taken, I have mounted the matching mirror on the wall and moved the light fixture that was in the way of the mirror!

The tile turned out pretty good for a guy with a desk job! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

The only problem is that I never once got to use the sawzall on this project! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img]

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:17 PM   #321
NICKSTER

Rob, nice work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

But I got a suggestion................use Latex Flat Wall paint to hide your bodywork, I mean your spackling! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:38 PM   #322
speedfreak
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NICKSTER@Jul 3 2005, 06:17 PM
Rob, nice work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

But I got a suggestion................use Latex Flat Wall paint to hide your bodywork, I mean your spackling! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] I was going to say the same thing! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

oops, ya missed a spot! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

nice work Rob! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:40 PM   #323
hotrodheb
Forum Member

There were more holes in the walls of this bathroom than there were in the volkstruck!

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 06:02 PM   #324
75bugrod
Forum Member

not yesterday but today

my buddy Ky (VW paradise worker), came over and inspected my buggy, and we discovered my dizzy had a broken seal, and the return spring is missing.....and it still ran
75bugrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 04:12 AM   #325
lunatic_magnet
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

nice job rob... :)

tried to bleed the brakes in the 68, still a bubble somewhere thats being difficult.

trying to get the thing to stay running as well, it runs for a little while then stalls out and i have trouble restarting it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
volksrods member #39
forget wd-40 and duct tape... i have a sawzall and a welder.
lunatic_magnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday