Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old April 28th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #1
notched
Forum Member

Just wanted to start a new topic for BOR... Have at it.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
You will make a good wife, some day, John.
notched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #2
walt
Forum Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Pete [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Pete [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Where are you Pete? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

I'm bilingual.......I talk to men and women

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Car Build Thread
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
(RIGHT click and choose SAVE TARGET AS and download to your PC)
Movie1
Movie2
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #3
1slo3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

i'm hoping to drive the speedster down. if so, that is going to be fun as it is always a billion degrees down there and the mountains at midnight are, ummm..... brisk!
1slo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #4
pistolpete76
Pinstriper Extraordinaire

i want to be able to say i can go, but it's probably going to be too hard. nothing would make me happier then to stripe up the rat patrol some more. How many hours is it from your place Brian? I think my bug would die driving it that far, it rode strong to Bremerton but it wasnt too hot either.
I want to say that this has got my wheels turning though guys. Im thinkng for certain i need to make a Cali run this year if i can. We are saving go go back down under in October for my brother's wedding which is spendy. But i cant see how it wouldnt work to fly or rent a car to drive there. I really need to run it by the miss's. We've been having a ruff spell here over some stuff that i need to sort out, and i'd like her to be able to come with me. i dont want to end up being like a rockstar and always ventering off someplace for days on end without her.
I am going to sit down with her and have a good talk so i will let you know whats doable real soon. it would be awesome to get up there though
pistolpete76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #5
pistolpete76

oh crap you guys, i just read all the stuff getting posted on the other topic. your getting me all excited and stuff. Let me definatley talk to my wife. It would definatley be me without the bug but thats cool, theres enough cool cars there. if i flew how would they be on carrying paints and shit on a plane? anyone done that?

rob i was going to say if there's a chance of me making it to Cali to see all you guys then we should make sure the truck is ready to go that will save you bringing it down here. damn it i gotta see what i can do here now, i dont wanna get too excited yet but if i dont make it to this BOR then it should be something else we can tee up. Nickster man, you in Cali would be a hoot!

Phil and Brian are you guys doing it for sure? what about you Eric? anyone else interested?
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #6
NICKSTER

Pete, I wanna go to! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

Don't know if I'll drive or fly yet! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

A rental car for you might be a great idea! Go on Exdedia.com and see how cheap you can get one, and make sure it's unlimited mileage! I'll get a room and you and the Mrs. are welcome to join me! (as long as she sleeps as quietly and neatly as you!) Oh, tell me how much the rental car will be, Nickster can be quite generous! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Oh, we need Bill & Lora there too!
and Steve & Heidi
and Walt & Laura
and Ryan
and Dan
and Danielle (leave your tits home!)
And Phillip & Harrisen
and Caprice [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]
and Eric & Shawna
and RyanB & his wife & daughter (I'll bring the little fence!)
and EVERYONE ELSE!!!!
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #7
HotRodMatt
Forum Member

Arrrghhhh. Another one. Shit being on the wrong side of the Pacific!
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #8
walt
Forum Member

Yep.................Here we go again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

I'm bilingual.......I talk to men and women

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Car Build Thread
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
(RIGHT click and choose SAVE TARGET AS and download to your PC)
Movie1
Movie2
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #9
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img]
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #10
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pistolpete76@Apr 28 2005, 11:20 AM
if i flew how would they be on carrying paints and shit on a plane? anyone done that?
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
I doubt that they would let you carry it on, and I doubt that you would want to check it in as baggage. BUT... I already have a few colors of 1-shot here and if RATRODVW shows up he has more. Just let us know what colors you would need and I will make sure that it is here for you. Even if I have to go buy the colors, that just gives me more options for pinstriping things around the house! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] All you would want/need to bring would be your brushes!

One of the things that I had thought about for getting the truck striped was to send you a round trip plane ticket, so I would gladly go in on a ticket for you!

Now I just gotta get the truck painted!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #11
vwcalbug
Forum Member

haha lets do it rob, justin and i are just waiting for the call....-JustinD

Its Cut, Weld, Drive!!!

Current Project: 2017cc w/ aj simms 40x35 heads, web 218, cb super race crank 78mm, cb supercase, 46mm aj simms kadrons, 1.25 rockers, aircooled SLR'd lifters.

Have it built out to the pistons and cylinders, ready for heads
vwcalbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #12
notched
Forum Member

I'm goin' for sure. I like the May show. The September show is to frickin' hot.

I'll take my motorhome down. I think I'll be pulling my friend Garry's car on a trailer. If I can get the Notch runnin' by then, I'll tow that down instead. Would be nice to have something else, besides a bug to represent a volksrod!

--

Quote:
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #13
1slo3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

it is about 6 hours from my place pete... i don't push because it is 6 hours in the heat and i drive my car. the 2332cc will handle it, i just don't like having to invoke the AAA membership stuff. if the weather is going to be crappy, i will take the purple notch or the type 4 and we will have heat if needed. i camp in my tent at the track, phil will have the RV and several other type 3 guys circle the wagons with us as well... so, if you want to drive the 200 miles to my place and then tag along, we have room!
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #14
dayzwalker
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrodheb@Apr 28 2005, 12:07 PM
Now I just gotta get the truck painted!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]

Rob, you know the Justin duo will be over at your place every Monday and Wednesday night...all you gotta do it tell us "yes". Gimme a lil advance notice since I would have to take the nights off of work, but you know I'll be there. We can bang out the bodywork and get the thing in primer in 2 weeks, no doubt! I dunno about PAINTED though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

More than likely I'll be bringing up my choptop up there, maybe even with a new paintjob, we'll see [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img] If I do go, I'ma go up on friday night and camp out cause otherwise I'd have to leave here by 5am to get there in time on Sunday....NOT my idea of fun [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Pete, we would LOVE to have you there, car or no car...it doesn't matter to me. I understand its short notice and all with your brakes acting up the way they are. Just get your ass down here allready! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Nickster, I know your gonna make it for our Saturday campout! Think about it this way...90 degree heat means girls walking around in BIKINIS all damn day!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

Steve, do you still wana talk about a vendor booth???? I'm still down for it if you say yes [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

This is gonna ROCK!!!

A Fetivus for the Rest-iv-us

dayzwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:06 PM   #15
pistolpete76

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cry.gif[/img] see, its already came to a sreaminf holt for me. im glad i remembered before i went and told the wife i wanted to go to cali that weekend, but i just remembered she booked us a place up on the coast for 3 days to celebrate her finishing school and all. dammit!! she would have been so pissed if i had mentioned making plans on the one weekend in months that we have been able to go away. im really sorry guys, im bumbed big time.
i guess the good news is that theres shows in Cali all the time right? so we could arrange antoher time?
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM   #16
RATRODVW
Forum Member

There's always Hot August Nights... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
RATRODVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM   #17
notched
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1slo3@Apr 28 2005, 12:30 PM
i camp in my tent at the track, phil will have the RV and several other type 3 guys circle the wagons with us as well... so, if you want to drive the 200 miles to my place and then tag along, we have room!
Ya Pete, if you can make it to So. Oregon, you've got a ride the rest of the way.

Hey Brian, Is Toby goin' this year?

--

Quote:
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #18
1slo3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

don't know yet... he is doing the interview thing and work can change time off stuff for him if it happens
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:05 PM   #19
RyanB
Forum Member

heh. Little fence huh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

I was going to use a shotgun when she got older to see which boyfriends stayed around. I think now I'll use my Torch with the Acetelyne turned way up...

Anyhow, this is on the 30th right? I'll see if I can get the time off from work to drive down. Would be good to see my house and family down there in Santa Rosa just before the show.

~RyanB
RyanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #20
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pistolpete76@Apr 28 2005, 01:06 PM
i guess the good news is that theres shows in Cali all the time right? so we could arrange antoher time?
No problem Pete, there is another Bug-O-Rama in September!!!

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #21
NICKSTER

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrodheb+Apr 28 2005, 02:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hotrodheb @ Apr 28 2005, 02:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-pistolpete76@Apr 28 2005, 01:06 PM
No problem Pete, there is another Bug-O-Rama in September!!!
[/b][/quote]

Rob, that should give you and your 2 girlfriends time to finish the truck! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Lets hope you don't have any fuckin marathons that weekend! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img]
Old April 28th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #22
pistolpete76

thanks for understanding guys. and i figured there'd be some more sweet shows later on. dont worry, its on my to do list for sure
Old April 28th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #23
Jon
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pistolpete76@Apr 28 2005, 02:20 PM
oh crap you guys, i just read all the stuff getting posted on the other topic. your getting me all excited and stuff. Let me definatley talk to my wife. It would definatley be me without the bug but thats cool, theres enough cool cars there. if i flew how would they be on carrying paints and shit on a plane? anyone done that?

rob i was going to say if there's a chance of me making it to Cali to see all you guys then we should make sure the truck is ready to go that will save you bringing it down here. damn it i gotta see what i can do here now, i dont wanna get too excited yet but if i dont make it to this BOR then it should be something else we can tee up. Nickster man, you in Cali would be a hoot!

Phil and Brian are you guys doing it for sure? what about you Eric? anyone else interested?
We send mural artist on planes all the time. Paints are a no go. If you check them they might not arrive in one piece anyway do to not being pressurized.....

Your best bet is to ship the ahead of yourself in a crate.
Go buy some small bottles and make a paint kit for traveling, that way you can just ship it home when your done. If your smart about the construcion you can work directly out of the crate and or use it as a stool or whatever.......
Either ship to your Hotel or someone who your gonna meet up with. Alot of mail box services places will accept packages for you if you contact them in advance and explain.
There something you can do with the post office but I wouldn't as they aren't aways easy to deal with in the first place.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM   #24
PAPA_SMURF
Forum Member

I'll be there for sure. If anyone needs anything. I live about 30 minutes from BOR. The car will not be there it will be in the middle of stage 2 or 3 of the metal working. I am moving into my house on the 14th so it will be no holds barred torches, sawzalls, and welders are going to have a mind of there own. There will be some pics up shortly of the progress. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] The car will be done by the second BOR this summer though for sure. In shiny paint too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

66 schwinn, 04 Jetta
https://www.facebook.com/joe.lynch.739
vwclubofhawaii.ning.com
PAPA_SMURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #25
cdubvdub
Forum Member

cool man, ive been wondering what was going on with your car