Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old April 29th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #1
skaterwithasquare
Forum Member

Ok, so I live in this rural town with a really big tourist draw during summer. We have a lake, a river where we host the world cup of white water rafting, and a lot of mountains for dirt bike riding etc. It's also really pretty woodlands so we get a lot of campers and hikers. We also get a lot of bad fucking drivers.

I was driving to work today, and a guy about fifty yards ahead of me puts on his left blinker, slows to a stop, and then starts to go left. I had plenty of room for him to go and myself to pass on the right. He got totally in the other lane, realized that it was a do not enter, pulls back into my lane, and stops to figure out which way to go. My front drivers side tire was going flat to begin with, and I had this funky bubble starting up in the sidewall of my drivers side rear tire. So I lock 'em up, skid and swerve, and end up stopping a few inches behind him. He finally went left and I thought "fuck, there went those tires," so I went left as well to see if I had blown them. I pulled into the parking lot and got out to check my tires, which were in the same shitty condition they were already in, no damage done. But the guy turned around thinking I'm gonna get in a fight with him. He gets out bein a badass and I was like "shit happens, I just wanted to check my tires, there was a lot of smoke..." So we're lookin over my car and I really want to get this guy, so I say "well, looks like I blew that front tire, it's almost out of air already..." He's still bein a dick about it, sayin it just looks like a slow leak, I'll probably be okay, the tires look bad to begin with. Which was when I "noticed" that there was this huge bubble in my rear tire (from locking it up, of course) so the dude gave me 50 bucks to help me out with getting new tires. I thanked him, got in my car, and thought to myself "yeah, that's what I call asshole tax."

Was that the right thing to do? No. Did it feel good? Damned right.

-Scott

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"
skaterwithasquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #2
hotrodheb
Forum Member

I like that... Asshole Tax!

I'd be rich by now with all of the jerks around here!

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 04:30 AM   #3
vwcalbug
Forum Member

rob, you can pay me that tax in cash. But if you must, i'll take a check, i know how large of a sum it will be [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] -JustinD

Its Cut, Weld, Drive!!!

Current Project: 2017cc w/ aj simms 40x35 heads, web 218, cb super race crank 78mm, cb supercase, 46mm aj simms kadrons, 1.25 rockers, aircooled SLR'd lifters.

Have it built out to the pistons and cylinders, ready for heads
vwcalbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:52 AM   #4
Tbone16
Forum Member

Some dude (also from out of town), didnt check his blind spot and ran my honda up onto a curb. I finnally stopped him and got like 50 bucks. Turns out it nocked the car out of allighntment and i blew of in a ditch hauling ass down my road.
Tbone16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:57 AM   #5
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vwcalbug@Apr 30 2005, 04:30 AM
rob, you can pay me that tax in cash. But if you must, i'll take a check, i know how large of a sum it will be [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] -JustinD
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/imwithstupid.gif[/img]
So let me get this straight NEWBIE... I am driving up to Sacramento tomorrow to pick up your notch and you are sitting here calling me an asshole??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img]

Sounds like you are the one that owes me $50.00!!!

Old April 30th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #6
vwcalbug
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrodheb+Apr 30 2005, 07:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hotrodheb @ Apr 30 2005, 07:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vwcalbug@Apr 30 2005, 04:30 AM
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/imwithstupid.gif[/img]
So let me get this straight NEWBIE... I am driving up to Sacramento tomorrow to pick up your notch and you are sitting here calling me an asshole??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img]

Sounds like you are the one that owes me $50.00!!!
[/b][/quote]

sorry dad.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cry.gif[/img]

i'll buy you some in and out to make up for it, haha -JustinD

Its Cut, Weld, Drive!!!

Current Project: 2017cc w/ aj simms 40x35 heads, web 218, cb super race crank 78mm, cb supercase, 46mm aj simms kadrons, 1.25 rockers, aircooled SLR'd lifters.

Have it built out to the pistons and cylinders, ready for heads
vwcalbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 05:48 PM   #7
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vwcalbug@Apr 30 2005, 05:29 PM
sorry dad.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cry.gif[/img]
Oh shit, now he is calling me Dad! How am I going to explain this to my wife! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]