- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old January 8th, 2015, 02:54 PM   #1
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default MOJO needed please

So yesterday was my 49th birthday, I woke up feeling like I lost my mind, I was out of it, I had double vision & I was so dizzy I could barely walk, so I had my wife call my doc then take me to the ER, that's not like me at all, so they did a bunch of tests, blood work, a CT of my brain to rule out a stroke, wasn't a stroke, but my transplanted kidney wasn't working very well, I had an ultrasound of it, still haven't gotten back the results yet, but they think it's just that as it can cause my creatine level to raise like it did (that's how they monitor kidney function) it did drop down to 2.6 from 2.8, hopefully it will drop to 2.4 by tomorrow morning (say a prayer for me please) so I can go home tomorrow, if not I'll haft a have a biopsy, something they try to avoid as it can cause kidney failure, something I wanna avoid
As of this morning I feel much better, so as long as my lab numbers are where they should be I'll be home in the morning (starting to repeat myself)

Life can sure be a bitch, but hey, I enjoy it no matter what, a few weeks ago it got the best of me, I had to stop & regroup myself or I would've lost it

Please send me some MOJO & a few prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I started making a set of tail light housings, I hope to cast them this weekend, then turn them next week if all goes well, I'll add them to my build thread when 1 is finished, until then, please send me some MOJO & prayers

Ron

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; January 8th, 2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #2
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

Default Re: MOJO needed please

More Mojo, Ron... Keep us informed as you can. I can only imagine what you're living with. Sounds awful. Anyway... Prayers your way. For you and The Wife. She seems to be that thing that keeps you going so well.
Old January 8th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #3
V8Transporter
Forum Member

My thoughts and prayers for you Ron. Plus a large amount of chopped, extended, and decambered MOJO.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 05:39 PM   #4
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Here ya go...
:f inger:
Just cause I care buddy! Now quit screwing around and feel better!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 05:58 PM   #5
Daddy o's 67
Forum Member

Much Mojo to you and your wife, Ron! Looking forward to your next post of improved results!!
Daddy o's 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:54 PM   #6
Paperweightnate
Forum Member

Get better Ron, I still need to cash in my favor! One ounce of raw uncut MOJO sent to ya! Really hope youre doing well and back in the garage where you belong soon.
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:47 PM   #7
rodderdan
Forum Member

Here's some quick recovery mojo.Hospitals suck.
rodderdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:13 PM   #8
DrHax
Forum Member

Mojo here! Get out of bed and machine something! You don't want to be stuck in a hospital with a gown that shows off you butt

I'm here for you mate! Get better so we can enjoy your posts! Your volksrod was actually one of the ones that inspired me to join this site. Because of you i'm here

Oh shit I maybe shouldn't say that. He'll have a heart attack knowing that information

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 04:03 AM   #9
alykat
Site Supporter

You got it Ron. Hang in there.
Old January 9th, 2015, 05:30 AM   #10
Number1tileguy
Site Supporter

Mojo from me to you...
And a few prayers 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67' Volksrod 2276cc (sold)

72' Baja Champion SE 1776cc

66' Volkstruck 1641cc
Number1tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:52 AM   #11
theredbarn
Forum Member

One certified dose of healing MOJO... (and yes, a little prayer too!)
theredbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 12:56 PM   #12
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Well, all the MOJO & prayers seemed to do the job, I'm home, I had to take a nap when I got home, can't get any sleep in hospitals, way to much noise in them places
My kidney function is almost back to normal, I haft a do a follow up visit in 2 weeks, Monday morning I had taken visit the Vampire's office to make sure things are still going in the right direction, made a few changes with my meds
Funny thing is they have no idea what or why my kidney stopped working, they said the reason I was so confused was because my pain meds & muscle relaxers weren't being broken down & they were all going thru me at 100% rather than being slowly released over an 8 hour period, it was crazy, or rather I was acting crazy
I'd like to thank ya's all, I'll try to prove it by starting to get busy making a few things I have been wanting to do for the past few years, including getting my forge going on waste oil & kerosene, then hammer out a few knives, auction them off & give the money to Volksrods.com, it's the least I can do after what ya's did for me, plus I need to spend more time making things than talking about doing it
I have been wanting to get switched over to waste oil for the passed 3 years, I may have my compressor fixed good enough to build a siphon type burner, propane is just to dang expensive, I filled 1 of my small 20 lb tanks on Monday, cost me $21 last time I filled a small tank it cost me $17 & $68 to fill a 100 lb tank, now it's $106 for the big tank
I hope to cast the tail light housings this weekend

Again I thank ya's all

Ron

RSS
Old January 9th, 2015, 03:17 PM   #13
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

Good to hear all is better.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:34 AM   #14
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Dang, it's nice to be able to use a real computer, ours was down since last Wednesday morning, I messed something up that morning before I went to the ER, as I said, I woke up confused as hell, I started this thread & until this post was with my new smart phone, I got it last Saturday, those little keyboards are a PITA to type on
It's my first smart phone, so I still don't know how everything works, it has that talk n type thing, I just haven't tried it yet, but, I'll figure it out soon enough, I just couldn't read the manual as I was having double vision, then blurred vision, I think I'm gonna hafta get bifocal glasses soon, I only need glasses to drive, but I think I need to take the eye tests to see if I can get it removed from my drivers license, I can see just as good with or without them, but driving without them is the same as driving with no drivers license at all, I have reading glasses, it's just a PITA to put them on every time I need to read something, I can't wear contacts do to all the eye surgeries I have had

I also have a few pictures on my wife's phone of me celebrating my birthday, the ER staff brought me a little birthday cake, one of the pics you can see all the wires they had connected to me, looked like a science project gone wrong, or one of those cars that had the wires attached to a controller, you know the ones they had in the 70's before good remote control cars came out, except I was a robot

Anyway, I'm feeling good this morning, might make it out in the garage to do a bit of casting, first I need to break down a bunch of aluminum so I have enough to cast the tail light housings I'm gonna make, I'll post pics when they're finished, as I said, I need to start doing the stuff, might give me better stuff to talk about

Again, thank ya's all, just proves that the power of prayers really work, probly wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for all my family & friends praying for me over the last 14 years, as of January 2nd it was 14 years since my kidney transplant, then in 2004 I almost didn't make it thru my first pancreas transplant, it didn't work out, when they took the pancreas out they didn't think I was gonna make it, I'm lucky to still be walking, talking & breathing after that, I've probly already told ya's about that, if not, just ask & I'll tell ya's all about it
I'm a walking talking miracle, & lucky to be able to still do what I can do, I'm just a whole lot slower now, but hey, all I have is time, my number one hobby is keeping myself healthy & moving, it's not as easy as it sounds, but I do what I hafta do

Ron

RSS
Old January 10th, 2015, 10:56 AM   #15
V8Transporter
Forum Member

V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 11:14 AM   #16
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
That^^^^
Old January 11th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #17
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post

I also have a few pictures on my wife's phone of me celebrating my birthday, the ER staff brought me a little birthday cake, one of the pics you can see all the wires they had connected to me, looked like a science project gone wrong, or one of those cars that had the wires attached to a controller, you know the ones they had in the 70's before good remote control cars came out, except I was a robot

You're a real boy now!

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2015, 07:31 PM   #18
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by whozawhat View Post
I was in to see my Dr. last week for my kidney pain he told me this time of the year people don't drink enough water and it is tough on the kidneys, especially if they are already working hard filtering out medications.
It is hard to drink enough this winter. My kidneys give me a twinge and I go chug a few glasses of water.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 12:13 AM   #19
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I drink no less than 2 gallons of fluid everyday, more during the super hot summer days, I drink mostly ice tea, but I make sure I drink at least a 1/2 gallon of water a day, 3 or 4 quarts in the summer, I did drink Mt Dew up until 10 years ago, that's when I switched to tea, I asked them about caffeine, my doc said not to worry about it, just push fluids, so that I do
I'll find out tomorrow afternoon how my kidney function is, it's vampire day, I haft a start drinking water now, I get up every morning at 4:15, if I don't my blood sugar ends up high & that freaks my doc out, I have a bad habit of keeping a jug of tea next to me when I sleep, I wake up once every hour because my mouth is dry, need to start keeping water but I usually fall asleep on the couch, then when I wake up I just bring it to bed, bad habit
Well its about time to get up.& start taking pills, I've had a sleepless night

Ron

RSS
Old January 12th, 2015, 02:18 AM   #20
Ratrodder47
Forum Member

Mojo and prayers your way hope you get better soon
Ratrodder47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 02:32 PM   #21
OKpig
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

May you be up and feeling better soon...... keep beating on something.... PIG I me
OKpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:00 AM   #22
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Sending Mojo From RI Bro!!!

Jack of all trades, Master of collecting projects.
(yeah the unfinished kind... )
"Bunny's Bug" Build thread
"The 66 Shorty" Build thread

Looking for "Buggy parts" for my Spatz Buggy (Budget build)...
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 05:53 PM   #23
sandfreaks
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Glad to hear you doing better Ron!
sandfreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 03:19 AM   #24
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Thanks again everybody

Today is the beginning of the 4th week of the year, Monday I see my doc to see how things are going after the changes in my medication, should be better, if not I may go back to drinking a few shots of Tequila every Friday & Saturday night, since I quit that a bunch of years ago everything went crazy, they still have no idea what even happened to me

I'm feeling fine, but dadgum, the 2nd week of this year was rough, 4 days after my incident, my wife decided to drop a 10 lb weight on here foot, long story, she didn't break it, just bruised really bad, one a those where the doc says "you would have been better off with a broken bone rather than bruised", I don't know bout y'all, but I would much rather have a terrible bruise than a broken bone

She's just about back to normal, me, I'm so far from normal it's funny

I've been keeping purty busy the past few days, when I get something worth talking about, I'll share it

Ron

RSS