Members: 17,687
Threads: 32,346
Total Online: 564

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads

Old April 4th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #26
smogkid
Forum Member

Anyone got plans to go to Bugjam? I'm new to this whole show lark but my mate is trying to convince me to go.
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #27
dez
Forum Member

if you want to go to a decent show, dont got to bugjam. its full of chavs and other such idiots, and costs a fortune (40 a ticket if in a vw, 50 if not!!) go to big bang instead, its half the price and much better.
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #28
notched
Forum Member

That bare metal rod is hella cool. I remember when Cliff was mocking up the small keg tank on his car. I thought it was a cool idea. Good to see someone pull it off.

More pics! More pics! (pretty please)

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
You will make a good wife, some day, John.
notched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:19 PM   #29
tinbeater
Forum Member

Man that split is fucking awesome!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img] That's it! thats the look I'm trying to get.I LOVE the E&J's. I hope to find some at hershey this fall. That car looks good with your extension Gary.Anyone else get the impression this is about to explode the way Callook did?
tinbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:09 AM   #30
Top_Fuel_Thomas
Forum Member

I may have a bit of an announcement to make for big bang about a car that might be there!

i think we should do some hot rod shows too, anyone fancy going to billing in the summer? its only down the road from me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img]

TFTom
<span style=\'color:orange\'></div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>I'll kill you you sick english FREAK!</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'> alltypesvw</span>
Top_Fuel_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:18 AM   #31
wizrod
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Top_Fuel_Thomas@Apr 5 2005, 12:09 PM

i think we should do some hot rod shows too, anyone fancy going to billing in the summer? its only down the road from me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img]

<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
YES!! - went a few years ago and have a great time. Since then I keep missing it. I'm definiately up for it (when is it, BTW???)

Paul

http://www.wizrod.com
wizrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #32
iwgunter
Forum Member

I've took a bunch of pics of the Volksrods, Rusty Splitz, Inch Pincher & VW3

Those and a bunch of other pics are at: http://www.photoscentral.com/pix/main.php?...m&g2_itemId=504

Ian
Visit my new dating web site: <a href=\"http://www.wltmu.com\" target=\"_blank\">Would Love To Meet You[/url]. There's not many people on it yet, but I'll give you free premium membership if you from here.
iwgunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:07 AM   #33
Scott H
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vwlilackid@Apr 4 2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks for all of the positive feedback about the car over the course of the weekend and in the forums today - it really made it all worthwhile to see the smiles and looks of astonishment on people's faces! It was touch and go to get it there, with no panels on the car connected together until 3pm on the Friday, and the only reason Shane stopped welding then was because we ran out of gas! What has really amazed me is the way the whole VW scene has got behind this project from the newer Rod focused guys right through to the long standing resto parts suppliers - too many people to go into it here.

I also cannot thank the guys at Paintbox enough; Simon, Shane, Dean and the Hobbit worked ridiculous hours to get the car to the show.

I can't wait to get it out on the road!

Mark Bailey
Welcome to the forum, Mark.
The car looks great, I love the chicken wire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Is the pope's nose cut too? It kind of looks that way to me in <span style="color:blue">this pic</span> but maybe it's just missing the lens and makes it look cut? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
Anyway, great job. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
member #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-nor View Post
sliding volksrod discount, depending on how much i like you.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #34
freestyler
Forum Member

paul found some seat belts in the machine 7 cataloge for about 80 quid
freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #35
31hillard
Forum Member

im planning to get mine do for the volksworld 07.and hpfully get it on a stand.
31hillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #36
vwlilackid
Forum Member

[/quote]
Welcome to the forum, Mark.
The car looks great, I love the chicken wire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Is the pope's nose cut too? It kind of looks that way to me in <span style="color:blue">this pic</span> but maybe it's just missing the lens and makes it look cut? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
Anyway, great job. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Hi Scott,

Glad you like it. Popes Nose is stock but currently without lens or gasket. Chicken wire was a two week old running joke that turned into a last minute necessity. We debated endlessly about keeping it yesterday, but there is no way the UK weather is forgiving enough to make it a long term addition.

The car should be on the road in June with a load of the additional items we just didn't have time for.

I have tried uploading a pic of the car in the sunshine just before it went on the trailer, but not sure if it has got through - getting to the boundaries of my technical knowledge!

Keep you all posted!
vwlilackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:29 AM   #37
vwlilackid
Forum Member

[quote=Top_Fuel_Thomas,Apr 5 2005, 12:09 PM]
I may have a bit of an announcement to make for big bang about a car that might be there!

Can't make Billing, but the Super Nats on July 28-31 in Biggleswade is in the diary...
vwlilackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #38
toby@bitswap
Forum Member

i got alot of inspiration from the volksrods this year, it was also good to see a variety in the show this year.. good to see a lot of subtle tricks which filter through from the traditional hot rod scene firmly planted in alot of vw's, giving food for thought for many... volksrods has kick started a new passion for myself and many a veteran to the vw scene who were getting phased by the sameness.. even the rusty double cab got a trophy, so that got a thumbs up from me, it ain't all about 's and shiney paint [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]
toby@bitswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #39
dayzwalker
Forum Member

WOW! I just took a look at those pics now, and I am just floored by the amount of talent coming out of england riight now...I thought all you guys did was get drunk and play soccer!?!? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

A Fetivus for the Rest-iv-us

dayzwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #40
iwgunter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dayzwalker@Apr 11 2005, 06:50 AM
WOW! I just took a look at those pics now, and I am just floored by the amount of talent coming out of england riight now...I thought all you guys did was get drunk and play soccer!?!? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Remeber in Ol'Blighty we save all that time that you spend brushing your teeth, so we can spend longer on our cars ;)
Visit my new dating web site: <a href=\"http://www.wltmu.com\" target=\"_blank\">Would Love To Meet You[/url]. There's not many people on it yet, but I'll give you free premium membership if you from here.
iwgunter is offline   Reply With Quote