Members: 17,687
Threads: 32,346
Total Online: 702

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads

Old April 10th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Krylon Monster
Forum Member

I first off the bat want to explain what happened and why I am so pissed off.
Our local track has an import race series with a heads up class. The class is for naturally aspirated, 4 cyl cars on street tires, with full street equipiment. Well no problem there as my car fits the description. We decided to make this race and put my dads motor in my car and go race this heads up class.

Now the guy in charge, Javier Ortega already does not like us and had us banned 2 years ago and just let us back in. I took the time this week to send him pictures of the car to make sure it was legal and he said we could race the class.

Today we made 2 qualifing runs and were #1 with a 13.18. #2 was at a 14.22..slower yes. So these guys decided to complain and had us kicked out of the class AFTER we had already raced and won the first round. Back at the pit Javier comes up to us and says after today, we can not run the class because we bent the rules to much.

Apparently he makes ALL the rules an has the final say. He made this class for strret type vehicles and did not like the fact we ran a full second quicker then everyone else. So he told us to go out and win today but after that, we could not race in the class anymore.

So we go out and make one more run and right after the run Javier walks up to my brother, hands him $30 (entrance fee refund) and says go home...don;t run this class anymore...don't make anymore runs. WTF!!! He just said we could run the class today and now he kicks us out and says go home!!!

His reason for kicking us out was because the car had no bumpers and he did not like the fact our muffler stuck out the back (where else should it go) Also he thought we were to fast for the rest of the class and he did not want us to go that fast (he told us that earlier)

Why I am really pissed is because as an 18 year old kid I have been working 3 jovs to finish this car on time, thrashed for 2 weeks to get it done, drove 400 miles on a day off to pick up the motor and only put it together for this race. I am also pissed because he saw pictures of the car and approved it and then when we went faster and people complained, he said get out.

So I am here to ask you volksrodders to e-mail this guy. His name is Javier Ortega and is the import race difector. But please...no HATE and NASTY e-mails. No "fuck you, you fucken asshole why did you screw them over, you dick!"

Just simply e-mail him and say you are disappointed in his choice, the car was approved earlier in the week, why did you let them qualify and run 1 round THEN kick them out....you get my idea.

Hell even lie and say you were at the show (even though you weren't..he wont know) and did not like the choice, thought it was unfair, or support the Pocaro family.

his e-mail is Jav2sel@aol.com

but also send a copy of your e-mail to ETownRcwy@aol.com as it may get more attention there

thanks and drop a line here if you send a message

I am the original Jersey Douche! Bon Jovi ROCKS!!
Krylon Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #2
NICKSTER

I email the asshole for sure! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bowdown.gif[/img]

A good friend of mine, Bud Dzamba, was the safety director for the NHRA at Raceway Park..........
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #3
vwcalbug
Forum Member

whats the name of the race/show?? im going to email him.

that pisses me off...kicked out for kicking everyones ass!! thats what racing is all about, go figure if your way fucking faster. thats crazy man.

i would seriously be pissed.-JustinD

Its Cut, Weld, Drive!!!

Current Project: 2017cc w/ aj simms 40x35 heads, web 218, cb super race crank 78mm, cb supercase, 46mm aj simms kadrons, 1.25 rockers, aircooled SLR'd lifters.

Have it built out to the pistons and cylinders, ready for heads
vwcalbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #4
dayzwalker
Forum Member

hope this doesn't turn into another hot vw's campaign turned bad! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

I really feel for ya man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Give us the race name, place, and all the info about you and your car that you think we'll need, and I'll send off a quicky lil e-mail in support for vw racing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

A Fetivus for the Rest-iv-us

dayzwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 05:05 AM   #5
Krylon Monster
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dayzwalker@Apr 10 2005, 09:34 PM
hope this doesn't turn into another hot vw's campaign turned bad! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

I really feel for ya man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Give us the race name, place, and all the info about you and your car that you think we'll need, and I'll send off a quicky lil e-mail in support for vw racing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>

The race was the Import Survival Series and our class was Heads up class A. It was at Raceway Park and the car was our '77 bug from team Pocaro.

You are right....the name of the game is to go fast and kick ass. Apparently some people REALLY don't like being beat by a VW and this guy in charge says that we were wrong in going so fast....wtf???

Old April 11th, 2005, 05:12 AM   #6
BIG BAD BUG
Forum Member

Sounds like a fuckin idiot
~We'll get you kicked outta your house.
BIG BAD BUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 05:33 AM   #7
ConductorX
Forum Member

I see it all the time. Everyone claims they want competition, but when you are prepared to compete they change the rules to fit their cars.

My wife had a similar experience when she opened her business last year. We rented a train car next to the train depot. Our plan was to sell local books and souvineers. The shops in the depot didn't want us there because we competed with them selling (different) souvineers. After six months we closed up...screw em twice.... The train car is still empty.
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:23 AM   #8
walt
Forum Member

Where is Raceway Park? I'll E-mail the guy but I don't want to sound like an idiot so let me know ALL of the what where and why's. That way I can pretend like I was there.

Oh and by the way........................Is this a Goodguys event? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

I'm bilingual.......I talk to men and women

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Car Build Thread
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
(RIGHT click and choose SAVE TARGET AS and download to your PC)
Movie1
Movie2
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #9
JPoner
Forum Member

What were you running against? Civics and other imports? He probably didn't want you to embarrass the little kids with a 30 year old German car. HEE HEE

But seriously, that sucks. Are you banned from Englishtown all together or just these events?
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:48 AM   #10
StinkEye
Forum Member

This guy have a hand in modifying or selling aftermarket import parts?
StinkEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:51 AM   #11
speedfreak
Forum Member

fuck that guy. go to the track owner. let him know how you were treated. Heads up racing is run what ya brung. if they don't like it then they need to run brackets.
obviously the guy is a dick! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img]
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #12
speedfreak
Forum Member

just went to the Englishtown web site. they run all races to NHRA rules. so go to the NHRA tech and ask them if you were doing anything wrong or what the rules are for heads up racing.
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #13
Krylon Monster
Forum Member

Walt...Raceway Park is in New Jersey. The event was a Volkswagen show and go on the spectater side and a import shootout on the pit side of the racetrack. We bought two tech. cards and payed for them both so we could run a VW class and the import heads up class.

Earlier in the week I sent him an e-mail with pictures of the car (even showed it had no bumpers in the pictures!!) and he approved it aslong as we ran radial tires. So we ran radials, muffler, full street equipment and such. Although we were missing a back seat, another car in the class had none either.

He let us qualify ( #1) and let us win the first round.He approached us before the second round when he first said we could finish out the day and win..but we could not run the class after that. Then we made a pass down the track (for the VW class) and right after he handed us $30, said go home, you can't run the heads up class anymore.

Like I said his reason was no bumpers (showed in the pic when he approved it) and the muffler hanginmg out the back (motors in back, where else do you want it) and that we ran to fast ( it is a heads up class...your suppose to go fast)

He jus doesnt like that we out paced them by just about a second and then they complained. He works for the track as import race director. Pretty much what he says go's. Even though we talked to a track owner, he said he fewlt ba but Javier had complete control over the day and his ruling was final. Which I think is B.S because they own the track and they give him all the power.

Luckily we are just banned from this race class and not the track all together

Old April 11th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #14
TeamEvil/TC
Forum Member

What about a car like Don's Ghia, and obvious street driven car/registered and insured that still kicks ass? Would he have been allowed in that class without incident or was there an overt bias against all things VW? I would think that, given his numbers, he would have taken the class as well. And his car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom . . . with alloys and a roll cage . . . was there bad blood, a questionable car, or just a little man in control?

TC
TeamEvil/TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #15
Krylon Monster
Forum Member

This e-mail address too may get more attention

I would send the same e-mail to ETownRcwy@aol.com
and Jav2sel@aol.com

Old April 11th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #16
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

i'll be sure to piss all over the place when i'm down there friday! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

i KNEW i didnt like that place [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #17
Ryan
Capt A's super package

almost glad i didnt go now. it was like last time when they would have hours between the vw races.... ugh that is ugly. sorry to hear that guys.

so how did you do on the vw side?
So don't tell me that I wouldn't drive to VT to pick up a rusted piece of shit.~scott76
Quote:
If a dictionary could take a shit...
it would look like that sentence.~steve
Random stuff I am looking for: Dont think there is anything at the moment
www.solar4soldiers.org (I am starting a non-profit to put solar panels on to disabled veterans homes. PM me for more details)
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote