Total Online: 570

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3

Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM   #2501
gravguy
Forum Member

Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

i put a system in my chick car ( cabrio). and a girl friend of mine has started calling it the black chick car more of a description than a name really(the car is black). i stated taking a stabilo pencil to the hood and im thinking of putting the happy toyz face from maximum overdrive on the hood. in a combo airbrush and stripes. maybe some fangs to give it a little evil twist

FACEBOOK VERY WILD CAR COMPANY
gravguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:35 AM   #2502
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

no car work but some work, on the past 2 weekends~ after almost 10 yrs, a front porch has started!
before~ boring~

build during
as of yesterday afternoon~

8'x36', it will get extended around the house , lil bit at a time every year. Roof is hoping to be done in the next couple of weeks too, if the $ falls in place.

btw~ Larry? see the lil black stuff on the roof valley? that's MY patch to stop the inside leak from last year! It's a manfacturer defect. There's pretty much no drip edge so water was rolling back under and inside. He's thinking of taking the dormer off and extending the roof out. He'll repair it then. Couple peices of flashing, held on with ducttape,,,
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:02 AM   #2503
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Still no car work! I still have more work to be done in the house before I can focus on the garage, or anything else...

Cleared out more over-grown weeds in back of the garage & or uncovered a fireplace! I took pics, but, I'm at work & I forgot to bring my camera . Looks like it will be fine for some nice nights out back burning the extra scrap building materials the PO left for me to clean up (Ass Holes!) & drinking a couple beers, or in my case some Capt'n & Ginger!

Then:
Cut out a bunch of Water pipes in the basement... They were going to the old water heater that is no longer in use. I was hoping that that would take care of the rust problem I have been having, coming from the hot water only... Well, it didn't work! I had to drain my electric water heater 2 more times! That makes it a total of 6 TIMES!!! The watre is coming out clearer, but, still has a tinge to it. I hope it goes away!

After that:
I took my girls for a 2-3 mile walk from our house to the park. On our way home, we were about 1/4 mile from home. My yougest (9 Y/o) was holding my hand. She ended up tripping, landed on her knee, scraped the shit out of it! (It was BAD! & I didn't take a picture... <~ Dumbass! (she would probably like to look back on it when she's older... LOL!) Well, she held it in & didn't cry like a Baby. Made her Daddy Proud! But, when we got home & I was cleaning it out with the peroxide... Well, she wasn't as brave & let out a loud screem.. & cried a little... Poor kid! Now my ex is probably going to give me a guilt trip, as usual! Seems everytime I have my girls (which is 5 days a week) they end up getting hurt! Maybe, it's because I let them be kidz!

That was pretty much all except for making breakfast, lunch, dinner, & going shopping...

Hope everyone else had a Great Weekend!

Jack of all trades, Master of collecting projects.
(yeah the unfinished kind... )
"Bunny's Bug" Build thread
"The 66 Shorty" Build thread

Looking for "Buggy parts" for my Spatz Buggy (Budget build)...
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:17 AM   #2504
dezertevo
Forum Member

Big 3 AutoSwap on Sat... not too bad, got a couple great deals...
Engle 110 cam - almost new $15
Engine Stand $12
T bars $ 10 for 4
Ebrake handle - chrome - $5
Front Calipers - $10
Yamaha Warrior Engine - $60 for our Trisport project... hehe

Found a set of ford wire wheels, in good shape for 80 bucks, but didnt have the $ and not sure if I wanna go that route.

Next weekend ... Temecula Rod Run
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:27 AM   #2505
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I stripped the running boards of the rubber and all the rust with a wire wheel. Filled the pinholes with JB Weld. Ground those down a little and primered and painted them with bedliner, top and bottom. They look so kickass. I also put bedliner in the spare tire well and the underside of the gas tank too. Theres a lot of bedliner on this car. Well protected!!!! I never what to have to do anything to this car again (rebuild wise).

I also got brakes fluid through the lines now. I want to rebleed them though. I have to adjust the brake pads and reset everything again.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:10 AM   #2506
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

More AutoCAD, more steering linkage development..... I'm down to only 4 u-joints now.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM   #2507
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I am finally done with the paint guy. He painted the 4 fenders, 2 doors and the hood last night. I have them at my house, in the family room with a fire in the stove baking the paint!! Finally. He was screwing my pretty good the last 2 months now. I had another painter lined up for this weekend to finish it for me. Man, I’ll tell you. Trying to get a car painted was the hardest part of building this car. I’ll cut and weld anything and try body work OVER dealing with painters. Painters are like Lawyers. They are dicks. I gave him the Subaru and a MP3 (5gig) to paint the car, PLUS almost 200 to the shop owner to use the paint booth. He f’d these parts up back in Dec. and I had to resand them and JUST NOW got them repainted. The worst part was that he was going to paint 3 other cars and like 5 John Deere tractors just from doing my car. People wanted to see how good of a job he can do. Well now he lost all that work (that was on the side for him), just because he F’d me over. Those jobs were BIG cash deals too! Don’t get me wrong. He did a hell of a great job painting. But the scheduling part SUCKS.. He’s my age and has 2 little girls and a wife (that doesn’t work). He has NO TIME to work on side work, now we know!!!

Sorry I was ranting. Just had to let someone know.

SO I got my stuff painted yesterday!

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #2508
Rumblewagen
Forum Member

I have never had good luck with independent painters completing a job when they say they will. Almost all of them have a sob story of how they are low on cash or work and here I am trying to give them both but they can't get it done. I finally have found one small shop over in Fort Worth that is usually good about turning out small stuff. Haven't had them paint a full car yet though.

Glad you got your parts done.
Rumblewagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #2509
hotroddinrebel
Forum Member

Like an idiot, I volunteered to work saturday because I needed the money. My coworker, whose shift I'm covering, got tickets for the Napa box suite at the atlanta nascar race(we work for napa)

I are Retarded
hotroddinrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #2510
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddinrebel View Post
Like an idiot, I volunteered to work saturday because I needed the money. My coworker, whose shift I'm covering, got tickets for the Napa box suite at the atlanta nascar race(we work for napa)

I are Retarded
That sucks man. My company sponsors Jeff Burton. I've been to 2 races up in New Hampshire and it fucking rocks!!

In the past I was never really a big fan of NASCAR. I always thought it was a "white trash" sport. Then I came to the realization that I AM white trash and seeing it in person is awesome!!

If you ever get the chance to go to a race, I highly reccommend it. Try to get seats at turn 4. There's nothing like FEELING those cars excellerate as they head into the straighaway.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:19 AM   #2511
speedfreak
Forum Member

Spent the evening pulling the water pump out of my suburban. The damn thing blew out on me yeterday. I think the next time I see an engineer for an automotive company that has no clue how to put shit together, I'm going to kick him in the balls! It shouldn't take 2hrs just to pull a water pump!

So, I get the joy of installing it today....

Larry
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #2512
bigguy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I drove through 6 hours of snow to get home from cleveland.
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #2513
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Spent the evening pulling the water pump out of my suburban. The damn thing blew out on me yeterday. I think the next time I see an engineer for an automotive company that has no clue how to put shit together, I'm going to kick him in the balls! It shouldn't take 2hrs just to pull a water pump!

So, I get the joy of installing it today....

Larry
Haven't worked on a late model VW lately have ya? How about pulling the engine to replace a starter, or removing the intake manifold to replace plugs. Water pump on my W8? probably a six hour job not including pulling the front end half way apart to get to it. I won't work on it.
Old March 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM   #2514
hotroddinrebel
Forum Member

TurboPunk,
welcome to the land of white trash, take a look at my "garage" which is my back yard...covered in parts. Embrace it, there is more to life than being white trash. As long as you aren't the ignorant type of white trash your ok.

I've never been to a nascar roundy-round race but have been to plenty of drag races and dirt track events. Hopefully I'll get to go soon. As far as anything productive on the car, I hopefully am getting some floor pans at the SEVWA show tomorrow
hotroddinrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #2515
max16v
Forum Member

I've been making an effort to be diligent with working on my car after work. Only have a couple hours before it gets dark and me pooped.

I was able to pull the top off after getting it cut the other day and getting that thing off the car. Also split the pan and body and started masking the areas for the Letherman chop/channel job that I should be starting tomorrow, after the Pomona Swap Meet. I'm just as anxious to work on my car as much as going to the swap.
'56 Royal Enfield Super Meteor -The NorField
'69 T1 "Das Straßenzerstörer"
'86 Scirocco 16vT
max16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #2516
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Well, I finally received a big thank you for busting my ass for the past year at work. I got my raise!!! A whole $.27 .

On top of that, I'm getting my hours cut as well. Starting next week, mondays will be on an "as needed" basis.

CRAP!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some hours in one of the other departments. We'll see.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #2517
bigguy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

That sucks. Hope it all works out for you.
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #2518
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

That sucks Tim! But better to have the rest of the week than to have none! It's happening everywhere, if not time cuts, lay offs~
i'm sure you can find something to do on mondays though~

I blamed Nate yesterday for our weather, well he always blames me for his ~ We got sleet and flurries, though nothing was thick enough to show up on pics, lil ice pellets scattered on the deck. But at times the windows sounded like they were getting sand blasted~ so we just stayed inside all day and watched the races~

March, comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #2519
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

It was very windy here yesterday. I never saw the news to see the "official" recap but the boys' basketball hoop ended up across the hood & windshield of the wife's Expedition (somehow it didn't crack the windshield, just left orange paint on the glass and black paint on the hood, which she took off with a Magic Eraser), we have a few tree branches in the yard, the screen room over the pool looks to be tilted a few degrees now, all the lawn furniture is flipped over (vinyl "wicker" over a metal frame) and the back wall of the lean-to on my back shed is now just a half-wall. I was out in my shop for a few minutes and the doors were rattling the worst I've seen and the 6x10 enclosed trailer I have next to the garage was rocking so bad I thought it was about to be flipped into the shop wall.

Our yard is between a couple acres of open field and another open field with a pond so the wind just whips through here when we have any. I'm going to plant some shrubs or trees along the property line on both sides.

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #2520
speedfreak
Forum Member

Well, it took a whopping 6 fucking hours to get my water pump back in yesterday on the 'burb. After connecting all of the brackets, replacing the belts, hoses, an vacum hose that broke, (damn plastic shit), I went to put on the fan and found out that the flange on the pump was standard thread, and my old pump was metric! I'm really starting to hate this half metric half SAE shit.

So, after getting it all hooked back up and running, I find the lower hose leaking like a seive thanks to the new clamps that I bought. So I got to lay in antifreeze while my son and I try to get the clamp replaced as quick as possible.

I hate newer rigs with all of that damn bracketry and pumps and hoses everywhere.

Larry
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #2521
Ian
Forum Member

I went and looked at a SingleCab with 48,700 miles on it in Denver yesterday.

Then I drove to Fort Collins and helped a guy drop his motor in his 72 Bay Camper and he's trading me the shell for a spicerack and I'm trading the Bay shell for a Splitty shell.

Then I drove my Bus home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #2522
Codeman96
Forum Member

I went out and played in the mud. I hate mud because it sucks to clean up. But man its fun getting dirty. First time I have been stuck in ages.

Took my Wheeling buddies with me.

I hate getting stuck.

Rest of the pics.
http://james.semoatvriders.com/March...2008/index.htm
Codeman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #2523
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Looks like fun to me!!

I used to have bajas and rail buggies that we used to take out in the woods. We still have atv's but we don't ride them much anymore.

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2524
Lyngbye
Forum Member

I was practicing my pin-striping skills, before I move on the car.

The '58 leadsled - It's a matter of taste -

Last edited by Lyngbye; March 9th, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
Lyngbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #2525
doorpz
Forum Member

Finally got my brothers 63 chevy truck running right. He picked up a msd ignition set (distributor, 6a box, blaster coil, and timing control) and a edelbrock quadrajet from a junk yard for cheap. We put everything on but couldn't ever get the thing to run right, it was like the timing kept reseting or something. Finally got sick of messing with it so I just threw the old points distributor in and it fired right up. Now we just need to go to the muffler shop and get an exhaust put on it, it's a touch loud running straight off the headers. We went for a ride around the block and we got the evil eye from all the neighbors that were outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU0DwthnTu0

doorpz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday