Threads: 32,343
Total Online: 539

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads

Old January 6th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #1
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Calling out some Vrodders NOW!!!
Re:: I'm namen names   

OK its getting close to car show season again. Go ahead and blink and they will be next week... So I'm calling out some fellow Vrodders to get their butts in gear.

Heres the dates and you have to trust your car to get there and back too (thats the key here)!

Campbelltown: April 24, 2010
Litchfield: June 20, 2010
Mike Meet: ?

First is AJ (BattleBug). I know you hate theis but I'm doing it. You want to cruise to Campbelltown and Litchfield. That isn't to far away. You keep telling me "one solid weekend and I can be driving one of teh projects". Well there has been several weekends have past since then and your still not driving one!!! I really don't want to drive the Suburban up to CT again!! Yet your butt moving!!

Second is Brendan (Ratlook63). I just talked to you lastnight. I know your out of work so thats good and bad! So let talk about the good part about that! You have nothing better to do than getting your Split driving!! Put your longjohns on and get that car wired and put on that pan (after you get it back).

Third is Brian (AJsyrup). I know most of you don't see or hear from him but he lurks here everyday (sneaky SOB).... [Little background on him, he is building a 59 Euro for his wedding]. You too want to roll out to Campbelltown. You have a long ways to go yet. I heard you just cut your beam into pieces lastnight. Hope you can fix that before shows season.. Get your butt in gear!

Forth is Jay (oldskewjay). I heard you haven't touched your car in months. Whats up with that? I thought you wanted to roll up to Litchfield? Whats the story Chico. You going up? I guess you can drive the support/chase car....

Then there is Andy (onelowzuki). You let the cat out of the bag with your Bradly. You can't let work get in the way of your projects. Follow Brendans lead and get fired so you have all day to work on your projects.

Last but not least is Brylen (39 sledge). This guy is nuts! You just don't have 1 car but 2 Vrods to get built. Just remember Campbelltown is CLOSE and I know the week before that show you won't be in the shop, you'll be walking around Carlisle looking for junk metal. I guess its good you have Joe to fall back on in the shop, just don't stand in his way because he'll run you over (he really will)!!!

Now I'm calling these guys out because I know them and know they can do it. I hate being the only vrod in this area going to shows. Plus I really want to drive Da Bastard to Litchfield.

Its all in fun guys!

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #2
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Default Re: Calling out some Vrodders NOW!!!

I'm hoping to take my 71 to the shop for paint in February or March, I just have to decide if I
m gonna stick to the stock tangerine orange, or change it. I
m leaning more and more to sticking wiht the same color since It's really gonna be more of a resto-rod. I'm mixing enough early parts onto a late car to make puristis puke though. Wiring is 100% intact as is the stock 1600 DP. I drove the car into my driveway but I need to replace a couple pushrod tubes and put a new fuel tank in it. Other than that, it's basically a bolt it back together project, but it's too fucking cold to do any of that crap.
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:31 AM   #3
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Well John you put your foot into your mouth. I guess your on this list too. So we'll see in in Campbelltown!!!! Your dad can drive his Porsche to Hershey himself since you'll be with us in Campbelltown. If you can't drive it up you have to buy the beer!

That will teach you to keep your mouth shut!!!

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:49 AM   #4
ajsyrup
Forum Member

i am in gear and on track the only problem i have is this other v rodder keeps talking me into taking my car back apart and doing things different!!!

http://www.techdiffracing.com
ajsyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #5
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

And you listen to that nutcase? Now who's nuts? You know what your problem is. You need to stop stealing signs and work on your car!!! LOL....

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:09 AM   #6
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Scott, you need to hitch that trailer of yours up to da bastard and take that enthusiasm and project leadership ability of yours on the road. I figure by April we can ALL have our projects done. By then, we'll all probably be single and unemployed so we can all spoon up witcha in the trailer
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #7
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Only spooning going on in that trailer is with the wife. That was my new year promise!

I am looking for a hitch for Da Bastard.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:26 AM   #8
39 sledge
Forum Member

word!well i can speak for the shop car i could finish it in time BUT my customers come firstbut now that it looks pretty good on my end with that high doller model a we just finshing up on for detroit i guess i could try to give her hell in time oh but wait there,s a certain little fat buddythat got me into this mess that can help.
39 sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #9
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I'm free the 16th (next weekend). You get the parts I'll be there all day. But I'm trying to get out there some weekday very some.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:39 AM   #10
39 sledge
Forum Member

hey man sounds good you got to see this truck we are wrapping up its pretty goddamn perfect and i must say the paint is wild joe,s the man no joke he can lay paint just looks funny looking oh well he has a face for radio.
39 sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #11
gravguy
Forum Member

i would jump at saying yeah ill be there i have several show worthy cars so that is taken care of. What i dont have is money these days. so unless things turn around im going to say i wont be attending any shows at all again this year

---------------------------------------------------------
ps got some of my cars for sale ( NO VOLKSRODS )
hell i havent been able to come up with enough money just to get rid of some of these cars

74 super fat chick
buggy ( rod black )
74 standard ( class 11 lifted) TYPE IV upright engine
formula vee
porsche 914 parts car

FACEBOOK VERY WILD CAR COMPANY

Last edited by gravguy; January 6th, 2010 at 05:15 AM.
gravguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #12
ratlook63
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott76 View Post
Only spooning going on in that trailer is with the wife. That was my new year promise!

I am looking for a hitch for Da Bastard.

Now I may not have a complete car, but I did find you a hitch last night....

Just came back in from the garage, takes about 2 hours to get the fire going real good so I'll be out working after breakfast.

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:
Split tail lights. Repop ok!
Split dash pods or measurements to make my own. Repop ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/safetynautguaranteed
ratlook63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #13
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

You might have found it but you'll have to get it for me.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #14
gravguy
Forum Member

is it a bug hitch your looking for ?

FACEBOOK VERY WILD CAR COMPANY
gravguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:04 AM   #15
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yeap. You got any? I got to tow Brendan's projects around since he's not done with them.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #16
oldskewljay
Forum Member

Well its gonna be a while until I can work on it... Ive been laid off since monday and had to spend my christmas bonus money on a new computer that was going to be used for VW parts. Plus my garage isnt heated and is currently blocked with 18 inches of snow lol
oldskewljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #17
onelowzuki
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Don't you worry about me--I got it covered
onelowzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #18
ClassicGMJunkie
Forum Member

no more wussing out because of the snow, either!!! its gonna be nice i hope.....

62 Impala buildup...kustom/6shooter lowrod

62 Impala 2dr HT build

70 Corvair-motorvated drop top Beetle Projekt
70 Cabrio build

Intro thread

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25084
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #19
RATROD2
Forum Member

Since there's calling out goin on...

Pics? Progress? Anything?

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showt...whats+it+worth

RATROD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #20
ratlook63
Forum Member

Oh snap! Hows that Camper coming Scott? and the Porsche Motor? Why don't you ever post pics of your fire truck project? Or that sweet stang you have sitting in your driveway? Or the wifes mopar....? Too busy crashing Da Bastard eh? Or stealing road signs for someone elses project?

BTW that stove is an old Fisher

Like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisher-wood-burn...QQcmdZViewItem

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:
Split tail lights. Repop ok!
Split dash pods or measurements to make my own. Repop ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/safetynautguaranteed
ratlook63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #21
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATROD2 View Post
Since there's calling out goin on...

Pics? Progress? Anything?

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showt...whats+it+worth

I NEVER said I was getting the '46! I just wondered what one was worth IF someone found one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlook63 View Post
Oh snap! Hows that Camper coming Scott? and the Porsche Motor? Why don't you ever post pics of your fire truck project? Or that sweet stang you have sitting in your driveway? Or the wifes mopar....? Too busy crashing Da Bastard eh? Or stealing road signs for someone elses project?

BTW that stove is an old Fisher

Like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisher-wood-burn...QQcmdZViewItem
Well the camper is in storage for the winter plus its 3 hrs away AND Austin is traveling the country with his new travel trailer.
The Porsche engine is getting stuff done everyweek and now I'm waiting for the p&c set and the cam gear that SCAT fucked up. I'll post pics of it being torn down if that make you happy.
The '29 Chevy is waiting to move once we get A new house.
The 64 1,2 Stang is sitting there waiting for some one to buy it! There is nothing to fix besides the rear frame rails and thats not happening until we move and no one buys it.
The wife's Coronet doesn't need anything done to it. Just get in and turn the key. ONLY on sunny days with out stone chips & salt on the road.
The sign project will be started after I'm done narrowing a beam and before I start wiring a fellows Vrods bug.

Crashing Da Bastard was just to much fun to pass up. I had to try it.

I haven't just been sitting around. I have been rebuilding distributors and carbs, reseaching engine stuff, planning stuff, helping a fellow Vroder build his bug.

I just want to see you in your split at Campbelltown. So get back out there and don't come back in the house til its running.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #22
fishguts
Forum Member

Then there's that broke and worthless SOB Fishguts with some "lame" excuse about getting his legs cut off and reinstalled next month . Geesh! What a wuss - Voltsrat only has three wheels and a big chunk is missing out of the middle - how difficult can it be to finish half a car?? His wife will be kicking his lazy to get his POS volksrodtrike to Litchfield.

If he can get there nobody else has an excuse.

Consider that a challenge.

So somebody needs to shovel the snow out of their dune buggy. And what about a gnomemobile?

Last edited by fishguts; January 8th, 2010 at 03:02 AM.
fishguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #23
Timmy11
Forum Member

Scott,

I will have Sure-Lee at Campbelltown. I plan on adjusting the beam next Saturday (1/16) to lower her down. Want to stop pover and supervise? Kids hockey wraps up at the end of the month so the boy an I can get moving on the body work. The girlfriend got me Euro Blades with overrides for x-mas so i need to get those on.

OK - HAVOC is having some issue, but it looks like Campbelltown will go on .....this year. They are meeting next Sunday (1/17) to try to get organized. I volunteered to help out with the show. If i can get some Volksrodders to volunteer to help out show day, I bet we can get "Volksrodder World" at the Volksfest. Any one up for helping out? Then agaon, they may through me out of HAVOC. Let me know and I will see if I can get a special place for the Volksrods. Hell - I even volenteered to be Events Coordinator, but they got rid of the position.

One more thing - Any one want to get a group to go to Imports at Carlisle. I think I can hook us up with our own special place. there.

Tim
Timmy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #24
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

When doesn't HAVOC have problems? Thats all I hear about that club. But that goes with every club in the area too (Bluemoon Cruisers and Cumberland Valley Classics).

I would help at Campbelltown but I have 3 jobs there already 1. drink, 2. swap meet, & 3 relax and BS Plus the bonus of laughing at people looking at my car.

I hope we can have a VR section anyhow. Hope to meet everyone and just roll in together. But Tim can you at least bring it up at the meeting to split the water and air? Thats all I heard last year, everyone complaining about.

As far as the Carlisle Import. That is the Jalopy Showdown weekend. To get a club area call up Carlisle Events and talk to Ed. He's the one in charge of the Chrysler and Import shows (he's a MOPAR NUT!).

I'd stop over but it looks like I'm heading up to Jonestown to help out another VR.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #25
Timmy11
Forum Member

Good point. I think that it is more of a numbers problem than anything.

I will bring up splitting up the air and H2O cars. I am sure that they heard it already. I should have one of each there. looks like i may have to do Carlisle on Thursday, Volksfest set up Friday and then I can hang with you all on Saturday.

Yes - i have meet Ed a few times. I forgot that it was the Jalopy Showdown.

Anything else for the HAVOC folks? Cold beer, strippers?

Tim
Timmy11 is offline   Reply With Quote