- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula
- by f4u5t

Old July 12th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #4701
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Oooh....that's purty! Way to go Jaison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #4702
TJM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaison710 View Post
Yesterday I fixed the wife's sewing machine, bought material, & sewed my own headliner. After I got it up, I put the oval window glass in.

What kind of material is that?
TJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #4703
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

the red is a fur style they sell at JoAnn fabrics. Its kind of curly tho, I originally wanted a normal style fur material in red. but this gives a shine that I think works well with the candy apple red paint. the black is a more durable fabric. obviously it has the pattern, but it feels almost like blue jean material. sorry, i dont have any of the specific names, i cant find the reciept, and i tried to find them online, but i`m not seeing it listed.
Jaison710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #4704
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Nice work! Bright, too.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #4705
valleyvw
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Dinner, then went to a local car cruise, few nice cars, NO Volksrods,(mine is still in pieces ) , usual vettes, camaros,etc. Of course there was a Herbie replica. Stayed about an hour,went home ,as of today I am a bachelor until wed. , Cheryl went with her son's family to OCMD . Nice and quite around here !

Posted a few crappy pictures of the cruise in a VR photo album

"If you can't run with the BIG DAWGS , STAY ON THE PORCH!"

http://www.skookoutlet.com
valleyvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #4706
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyvw View Post
Cheryl went with her son's family to OCMD . Nice and quite around here !
I'm guessing her family had to pick her up because she's visually impaired, right?
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #4707
valleyvw
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
I'm guessing her family had to pick her up because she's visually impaired, right?
Jeff

Yep, think after 6 years together she'd learn her lesson the poor woman. Family road trip with son, dil ,and two grandkids,and one more on the way !

Her health problems, and me dealing with them over the years, I'm lucky to have her, and she's lucky too !

Old July 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #4708
TJM
Forum Member

Quote:
Yep, think after 6 years together she'd learn her lesson the poor woman. Family road trip with son, dil ,and two grandkids,and one more on the way !

Her health problems, and me dealing with them over the years, I'm lucky to have her, and she's lucky too !
I like the respect you show for your wife. Congrats. Same with me. After 46 years of married life, I still have the utmost respect for my wife. Just today though, she said, "when are you going out in the garage and start working on project V8Square"? She wants it done as much as I do.. She told me that there is no excuse now trying to complain about the heat. So, I went out in the garage, turned on the A/C that I just finished installing last Thursday and right now, it is a comfortable 74 degrees out there while it is 92 degrees with 70 % humidity outside. Judy, my wife, said she was going to JoAnn fabics to look around and that she would pick me up a 12 pack on Leinenkugel while she was out. She then proceded to tell me I need to put a refrige in the garage . Gotta love her. Next, she will probably tell me to put my bed out there. Hmmmmmmm........
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #4709
valleyvw
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM View Post
I like the respect you show for your wife. Congrats. Same with me. After 46 years of married life, I still have the utmost respect for my wife. Just today though, she said, "when are you going out in the garage and start working on project V8Square"? She wants it done as much as I do.. She told me that there is no excuse now trying to complain about the heat. So, I went out in the garage, turned on the A/C that I just finished installing last Thursday and right now, it is a comfortable 74 degrees out there while it is 92 degrees with 70 % humidity outside. Judy, my wife, said she was going to JoAnn fabics to look around and that she would pick me up a 12 pack on Leinenkugel while she was out. She then proceded to tell me I need to put a refrige in the garage . Gotta love her. Next, she will probably tell me to put my bed out there. Hmmmmmmm........
I moved from Long Island,n.y. about 8 1/2 years ago. I met Cheryl because I started working for a friend of mine. she's my love, not my wife yet, she's an ex nurse, gave up nursing because of health reasons and because she felt being a supervisor in a nursing home, not enoguh help, always tried to cover their asses, qua;ity of care was at best subpar.

She started working for her family business, dounts and coffe ,6 days a week, in additon of setting up the place at 4 am, leaving at noon, she baked, ordered,paid the bills, bottom ,never work for family in this case.

this coal region town is tough,businesses are closing down, the amout of newcomers is both bad and good.

Somehow she found the time to take people to and from dr's appointments, shopping, dogs to kennels when their owners we going to be out of town.

Started to run tabs at the business when people had no food, if they did not pay, she paid them off, never denied anyone, somemany cases in point i could bring up.

Yep !, health problems, 2 bowel resections,kidney stones,a hernia that is inoperatible because of the surgeries,in pain , and not to mention one knee replacement,needing another one badly..

2 1/2 years ago ,her father had a stroke,guess who took care of him in the hospital and rehab,sleeping in a hard chair? And to this day ,dr's appointments,meds,etc,even getting him out of bed is a major chore,we're alking about a man that was a coalminor,built like a brick wall!

She is just a soft touch, everyone that knows her loves her, Marriage ,yes,right now between her family, kids,grand kids, and my family ( an 89 year motherr and a mentally ill sister),we have our hands fulls, but we deal with it ,like so many onthers out there. Yes we we planning a future togehter, somehow, someting always happens,no matter what plans we have.

Old July 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #4710
TJM
Forum Member

Quote:
I moved from Long Island,n.y. about 8 1/2 years ago. I met Cheryl because I started working for a friend of mine. she's my love, not my wife yet, she's an ex nurse, gave up nursing because of health reasons and because she felt being a supervisor in a nursing home, not enoguh help, always tried to cover their asses, qua;ity of care was at best subpar.

She started working for her family business, dounts and coffe ,6 days a week, in additon of setting up the place at 4 am, leaving at noon, she baked, ordered,paid the bills, bottom ,never work for family in this case.

this coal region town is tough,businesses are closing down, the amout of newcomers is both bad and good.

Somehow she found the time to take people to and from dr's appointments, shopping, dogs to kennels when their owners we going to be out of town.

Started to run tabs at the business when people had no food, if they did not pay, she paid them off, never denied anyone, somemany cases in point i could bring up.

Yep !, health problems, 2 bowel resections,kidney stones,a hernia that is inoperatible because of the surgeries,in pain , and not to mention one knee replacement,needing another one badly..

2 1/2 years ago ,her father had a stroke,guess who took care of him in the hospital and rehab,sleeping in a hard chair? And to this day ,dr's appointments,meds,etc,even getting him out of bed is a major chore,we're alking about a man that was a coalminor,built like a brick wall!

She is just a soft touch, everyone that knows her loves her, Marriage ,yes,right now between her family, kids,grand kids, and my family ( an 89 year motherr and a mentally ill sister),we have our hands fulls, but we deal with it ,like so many onthers out there. Yes we we planning a future togehter, somehow, someting always happens,no matter what plans we have.
Charle. My hat is off to both you and Cheryl!!! My wife and I started dating in 1964 and got engaged. Uncle Sam sent me a letter in 1965 saying he wanted me to "go to work for him". Judy and I married in 1966 and after a war, two great sons and many ups and downs, we are still together and look for many more together.

Ooops. This is a car site. Excuse me for my rambling.
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #4711
valleyvw
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Thanks ! , I guess it's all and living life,hopefully we'll have more good times than bad !

Old July 15th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #4712
TJM
Forum Member

Quote:
Thanks ! , I guess it's all and living life,hopefully we'll have more good times than bad !
You will. I can tell.
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #4713
valleyvw
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Let's just hope for those of use that are facing job cuts, financial hardship, health problems, family ,etc . Let's just in a few months we at least see a little dim light and the end of the tunnel !!!

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #4714
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

My presumably blind and mentally questionable wife and I celebrate our golden 9 year anniversary next month. She's only made 2 mistakes since I've known her: 1. Saying she would marry me. 2. Saying "I do". She puts up with my sorry ass more than anyone else would ever consider doing.
Jeff
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #4715
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

So what are you planning Jeff? Thinking something incorporating the Beatles "revolution number 9"? Heh heh heh

Quote:
Don't be Fucking stupid.

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #4716
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

No, nothing that trippy. We are still talking about it. Probably just a weekender to Michigan. They have some great trails to the dunes and some cool shops. We need to get our antiquing/ picker groove on!
Jeff
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #4717
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Well 'chit. I was lifting an old cast iron/wood bench out of the Single Cab when one of the seat slats I'd be replacing for the customer let go and it got away from me. Luckily, I managed to save one of the iron feet from damage by cushioning the landing with my foot...sigh. So, I've taped the broken toe to the one next to it, it fits in my boot this morning and I am gimping about.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #4718
Ace of Shades
Forum Member

Right around 3 1/2 years later and now all I have left is a tailgate, hood and visor. I find myself thinking why the fuck has it taken me 4 years to get this far. It's nice to finally see it coming around the bend and a finish line is in sight
I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU
Ace of Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #4719
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
Well 'chit. I was lifting an old cast iron/wood bench out of the Single Cab when one of the seat slats I'd be replacing for the customer let go and it got away from me. Luckily, I managed to save one of the iron feet from damage by cushioning the landing with my foot...sigh. So, I've taped the broken toe to the one next to it, it fits in my boot this morning and I am gimping about.
That sucks buddy! Mojo for ya!
Jeff
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #4720
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Shades View Post

Right around 3 1/2 years later and now all I have left is a tailgate, hood and visor. I find myself thinking why the fuck has it taken me 4 years to get this far. It's nice to finally see it coming around the bend and a finish line is in sight
What color is that? Looks nice!
Jeff
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #4721
Ace of Shades
Forum Member

Quote:
What color is that? Looks nice!
Jeff
EJR "rescue green metallic" off of a newer Jeep. It says "metallic" but its all pearls, and like always, Pictures don't do it justice.

I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU
Ace of Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #4722
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
No, nothing that trippy. We are still talking about it. Probably just a weekender to Michigan. They have some great trails to the dunes and some cool shops. We need to get our antiquing/ picker groove on!
Jeff

Just don't fall down the dunes this time!!!!!!

Quote:
Don't be Fucking stupid.

Old July 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #4723
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Dammit D3, you're taking the fun out of it!
Jeff
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #4724
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Shades View Post
EJR "rescue green metallic" off of a newer Jeep. It says "metallic" but its all pearls, and like always, Pictures don't do it justice.

I like it. Engine size? Wheel/ tire combo?
Jeff
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #4725
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Ace,

Very nice job! That is alot of truck to get back into shape...

Want to do mine next? My crewcab needs to be redone too.....but I am putting that off until I win the lottery and I can pay someone to do it!

I love the color choice. I see it on jeeps and it doesn't look right, but on those big panels, it really brings out the lines.

Quote:
Don't be Fucking stupid.

Tags
what did you do, yesterday