Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula
- by f4u5t

Old July 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #4726
Ace of Shades
Forum Member

Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Thanks guys. It's awesome seeing things you have done drive through town. You just sit back and say "yeah... I did that". It may be going on 4 years into the making but I can hold my head up and be proud of the outcome. it's a boat load better than a weekend rush job that you hang your head and run when you see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
I like it. Engine size? Wheel/ tire combo?
Jeff
Originally a 460 with a C4 or what ever, Owner said it was a gutless pig when towing anything and would just eat fuel. I thought about a caddy 500 but ended up with a cummins and a 5 speed. We're still working on a wheel combo for it and nothing is looking right on it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post
Ace,

Very nice job! That is alot of truck to get back into shape...

Want to do mine next? My crewcab needs to be redone too.....but I am putting that off until I win the lottery and I can pay someone to do it!

I love the color choice. I see it on jeeps and it doesn't look right, but on those big panels, it really brings out the lines.
I'm done with crew cabs for a while. The two I have done have burnt me out. I've got 3 gallons of color alone onto that truck and right around 2 1/2 gallons of "body filler". And it NEVER ends, Thank God both of them were short boxes. As far as the color goes its different than the colors on the Jeeps. I don't know if it's how I'm spraying it or the mix was different, but its different. Everyone that has seen them side by side said the truck looks better than the jeep's color.

Picture time

It originally was going to be red. The interior got done while it was still the "shop project". Boss painted it, and it all pealed off. he said it just wasn't cured yet, but a year later I should be able to put tape on it and have it sheet off

Fired and left the shop, mainly because of this project and stripping the interior to bare metal. Mastersearised the underside and the floor of the cab, jambed and here we are today.

First thing I ever did.. I jumped head first into shallow water. Cummins powered Chevy

I just realized this is the only picture I have of it all together and done. I need to have him dig it out and take some more pictures

I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU
Ace of Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #4727
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Cummins; good call. I'd say a set of 33-35" would look pretty nice, still be managable and not kill the gas milage.
D3 is dead on. The lines really come out.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:59 AM   #4728
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Nothing new on cars.
But for those wondering how this is doing now, here's a 10weeks old pic(11 today)

I've been busy picking~ Squash, cucumbers and okra. Honeydews are showing, beans are stretching. Busy busy every morning~ Had 7 gallons of cucumbers last week but they turned yellow before I could get rid of them, dern it~ They turn way too fast.

So far no major problems, good bugs out weigh the bad. Mocking bird in a bush to the side, good guard. And barn swallows swoop in for an hour every morning. Spraying Squash with garlic keeps the borers away but now with damp nights in the 70's and heavy dew, I have a bloom end fungus that there is no solution for and I'm losing more than picking now. Hoping a milk spray I used a couple weeks ago on the cucumbers for powdery and downey mildew will work on it. It adds calcium to the soil so it can't hurt~
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #4729
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Looks great.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM   #4730
TJM
Forum Member

Well, I have been without wife now since last Friday. She, and her sister, drove up to Columbus Ohio and are spending a few days with their brother and family, chillin out. As for me, been spending a lot of time in the "V8Square Cave" Didn't get my A/C installed out there none too soon. For example, right now, at 5:55 p.m., it's 106 degrees. "Cave" stayed a cool 76
TJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #4731
TJM
Forum Member

Worked in the "Cave" yesterday. Temp stayed at a comfortable 78 degrees while it hit 107 outside. More of the same predicted today. Plan on working some on project V8Squaretoday, and possibly start working on overhauling the Dellortos that I have off my '69Bug. Wife is on her way home from a trip to Columbus,Ohio She has been on the road some 2 hours now. Should be home in about 6 more.

TJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #4732
Mikelrome
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I LOVE THIS!!!!!
Mikelrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #4733
Do Work 93YJ
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelrome View Post
I LOVE THIS!!!!!
I agree. That skull looks killer with the plug wires coming outta its mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using my right hand.
Do Work 93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #4734
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I thought about using a clear distributor cap to make the mouth light up, but I just can't bring myself to buy one. I used a Saab cap instead.
Jaison710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #4735
jkien65
Forum Member

Where did you get the skull? that is cool!
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #4736
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

The clear cap DON'T light up. I run one on mine. Had to turn the cap 180^ to make it fit tight (cap tab isn't in the dizzy tab hole). Yea its odd fit but been running like taht for yrs now.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #4737
Jaison710
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkien65 View Post
Where did you get the skull? that is cool!
Went to one of these year round halloween stores. I had to cut the mouth opened & heat it with some fire to make it open wide & stay there. Trimmed the bottom out some & used a saab dist cap to point the wires out instead of up. I like it, but since I've hidden all my wiring & plumbing, I'm kinda on the fence about it. The idea came from my dipstick. I thought I needed more skulls to even out the look.

I plan to get a universal wire kit, & make the wires flow out the mouth a little better. They're kinda tight where they are now.
Jaison710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #4738
jkien65
Forum Member

I like what you have done with your engine compartment. Very clean.
Old August 11th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #4739
wvobug
Forum Member

Welded the Ex's dining room chairs together for a Tank stand
wvobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #4740
Boes
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

cool idea!!
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #4741
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Now that is repurposing!!!!
Jeff
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #4742
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Looks like it was meant to be a tank stand before you decided to modify them

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #4743
J_J_
Forum Member

Not bug involved but been working on the new project my youngest and I got, last month roughly I picked up a 41 chevy truck cab and 30 ford frame with 2 solid axels front and rear springs, a 9", a 671 blower in pieces, headlight buckets and marker lights, and sometime soon I gotta go back and pull the Buck nail head motor and trans. All for a couple days work! Anyway spent last week straighting up the frame got it square and proper, still got a little clean up to do on it.
Spent Tuesday at the hospital all day, wife had a historectomy pulled 3 large sists took the uterous and left the overy's and a small sist, so yeasterday just nursmaided her which pisses her off, way to headstrong and independant. Today I got back to work on it just cleaned up the split wishbones and the later droped axel a little tried to make some room in the garage for the cab so I can start on it which I did but damn it's gonna be tight working in there still beats being IN the sun!
Old August 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #4744
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_J_ View Post
Not bug involved but been working on the new project my youngest and I got, last month roughly I picked up a 41 chevy truck cab and 30 ford frame with 2 solid axels front and rear springs, a 9", a 671 blower in pieces, headlight buckets and marker lights, and sometime soon I gotta go back and pull the Buck nail head motor and trans. All for a couple days work! Anyway spent last week straighting up the frame got it square and proper, still got a little clean up to do on it.
Spent Tuesday at the hospital all day, wife had a historectomy pulled 3 large sists took the uterous and left the overy's and a small sist, so yeasterday just nursmaided her which pisses her off, way to headstrong and independant. Today I got back to work on it just cleaned up the split wishbones and the later droped axel a little tried to make some room in the garage for the cab so I can start on it which I did but damn it's gonna be tight working in there still beats being IN the sun!
you got the same problem I do... the garage door faces the sun when it's setting :/

Would be at least 4 degree cooler if it didn't do that..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #4745
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

yesterday I got my fuel pump block off plate installed.. tuesday and wednesday I rattle-canned a couple layers of primer and a couple layers of Rustoleum Sunrise Red :P

I know it's going to rub off pretty fast, but for right now, I kinda like how it looks...

Also bought some more AN stuff yesterday.. I think they only thing I still need (I bought one, but I think I'm gonna need two, if I'd just plan this shit out, I wouldn't be on my 4th or 5th trip.. :P) is going to be a male-male -6 coupler..

as it's planned right now is, out of tank, 90* to the driver's side, 180* into the filter, straight out and over tunnel into pump, coupler into regulator, coupler into block with a 1/8npt plug on one side, 45* out into a hole under the fender and through the heater channel, out of the heater channel by the tranny into a bulkhead fitting on the firewall, 90* up the firewall into a 45* that's connected to the bottom of a T fitting, straights out to 45*s at the carbs..

The block with the plug is so that I can take the plug out and screw in a fuel pressure gauge with hopefully minimal mess :)

I also may be picking up a cheap toilet snake from HF.. just need something pliable, but sturdy enough to feed through the heater channel from the rear of the car, get it out the hole in front, attach the fuel line, and pull it back out, I guess some guys have used welding wire for it, but since I have yet to ever plug my welder in, I'll be damned if I'm going to begin cannibalizing it, I'd rather it collect dust than get treated like a low income taxpayer in America :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 215779_4341547427931_657789357_n.jpg (118.2 KB, 2 views)

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========

Old August 17th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #4746
J_J_
Forum Member

I have a snake you can use and something that might even work better!
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #4747
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_J_ View Post
I have a snake you can use and something that might even work better!

not interested in your "trouser snake" but I'm open to ideas :)

I've tried shining a flashlight into the hole up front, or the inlet in the back, but can't see light anywhere, so I'm not even sure if it goes all the way through.. but then yesterday I realized that there is the Y Junction under the rear seat that is probably inhibiting seeing the light..

===========

Old August 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #4748
J_J_
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post
not interested in your "trouser snake" but I'm open to ideas :)

I've tried shining a flashlight into the hole up front, or the inlet in the back, but can't see light anywhere, so I'm not even sure if it goes all the way through.. but then yesterday I realized that there is the Y Junction under the rear seat that is probably inhibiting seeing the light..

It may be a couple months before the wife can do anything but I'm not to that point yet, although you do have a purdy mouth
Old August 17th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #4749
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Mojo for your wife JJ!!!!!!!
(Not for the surgery, but mostly for putting up with your sorry ass!)
Hope she is doing okay!!!!!!
Jeff
Old August 17th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #4750
J_J_
Forum Member

Thanks Jeff, yeah it takes a special kind of woman to put up with me especially have 3 kids just like me and still retain her sanity

Tags
what did you do, yesterday