Old January 18th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #1176
Cam101
Forum Member

just stuck some stuff in the blast cabinent
too damn cold here to do much else outside
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #1177
BrokenBeetle66
Forum Member

Good, Tim covered my lazy ass last week when I got my engine and forgot to post. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img]

Last night though, I towed my bug over to my work so I have a place with some real tools (and my boss) to get some stuff done on it. Hopefully it'll work out well for me this way [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]

1966 Bug (Resto - Custom / Volksrod)
1994 Geo Metro "Molly"
1992 Jeep Comanche pickup

Some random, yet hilarious things I heard about Chuck Norris on a radio station:
"There is no Theory of Evolution, just a list of plants and animals that Chuck Norris allows to live"
"Guns dont kill people, Chuck Norris kills people"
"The US is not a democracy, it's a Chucktatorship"
BrokenBeetle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #1178
walt
Forum Member

I finished a hood that I've been working on for a customer of mine.

It a 1941 Sterling. I built all of the cab with the exception of the roof, the tops of the doors and the top of the cowl. I is one of 4 that I have help restore for the same customer.

I reproduced all of the interior panels including the door panels and dash.

I also built the chain guards. Yeah, that's right...................... This thing is chain drive.

I just thought I'd share. Walt

I'm bilingual.......I talk to men and women

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Car Build Thread
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
(RIGHT click and choose SAVE TARGET AS and download to your PC)
Movie1
Movie2
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:45 AM   #1179
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

walt [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bowdown.gif[/img]
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #1180
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums

Wow, Pops! So that's why you've been all breathin' hot and heavy
when I call and bug ya on the phone?!?! I thought I was just turnin'
you on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Lots of hard work going into that truck... awesome job!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img]
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #1181
JPoner
Forum Member

I sat and watched the front gutter of my house fly off due to wind, my water heater blow up, and my oil furnace crack. It was a fun $8,000 day for me. Does this ever happen to anyone else? I must be blessed.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #1182
Hebster52
Forum Member

Here is what I've been doing the last few days <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">on our livingroom floor...!! </span>[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

I'm gluing Teak Deck strips into one big sheet of teak. I will then fill the narrow gap between the with black caulking. The sheets will be glued to one of the walls in our shower/bathroom between the steemsauna. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #1183
BIG BAD BUG
Forum Member

I took Delivery of a MUCH awaited

:D
~We'll get you kicked outta your house.
BIG BAD BUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #1184
jroymcd
Forum Member

LOTS of grinding and started to get the body ready for some paint.
jroymcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #1185
cre8iv1
Forum Member

got the bug back home.

threw the hood on, and sat for about 1/2 hour in the new seats, imagining that its actually starting to look like a car. Practiced getting in an out of the car with suicide doors, and loving the look of the 3" chop.

working on finalizing my porsche brake purchase.

oh and broke my camera the day before my cr came home, so that explains the no pictures.
cre8iv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #1186
hotrodheb
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cre8iv1 @ Jan 20 2006, 12:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
got the bug back home.

oh and broke my camera the day before my cr came home, so that explains the no pictures.
[/b][/quote]
Brett, that is just plain cruel! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img]

I am sure that one of your neighbors has a camera you could borrow for a few minutes! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img]

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #1187
VWRAT67
Forum Member

I got my bug to quit blowing fuses.....ONLY HAD TO BREAK 20 FUSES BEFORE I GOT IT FIXED [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] LOL
VWRAT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 02:02 PM   #1188
57Drag
Forum Member

Pulled my car out and washed the dirt and bird crap off of it. Also did some welding and grinding on the inside where the rear door panel goes to hide the hindges.Going to try to make the Georgia street race March 12th [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img] .Lots of small things to do...........Donald
57Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM   #1189
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Last night my friend and his band (The Prozacs) were in a battle of the bands competition. Out of 9 bands they came in second. They lost by only 2 points but they get to move on to the next round. I was pretty psyched as they played the song I wrote for them and the crowd LOVED it! They are releasing it on either a split cd (them and another band putting a cd out together) or they will release it on their next full length cd. If you like punk/pop-punk, you may want to check them out at www.theprozacs.com . I only had my camera phone and this is the best pic. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] I'm going to try to get Jason to wear a Volksrods.com shirt at a future concert [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] ...Tim

Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:44 PM   #1190
57Drag
Forum Member

Went up and worked on the 57 this weekend.Got lots of welding done and put the header back on so Dad can pull it in and out during the week [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img] .At first the motor was running on 2 cyliders but a Quick jet cleaning solved that.Dad took lots of paint off today with a razorblade so we can prep the car for some color.Lots more to do but I should make the Georgia race March 12th [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img] ....Donald
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #1191
57Drag
Forum Member

Sandblasting,welding,grinding,shaved the drip rail in front of the door and doing some body work.Dad blasted my front fender last week and I coated it with rust converter.Going back out to do more.I'll try to get some pics......Donald
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #1192
ConductorX
Forum Member

Picked up a door for my '66 yesterday. Now I have to get it home and installed.
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #1193
jroymcd
Forum Member

i removed the fenders. hammered the rear fender walls in and getting ready to weld the the large holes.

the pervious owner beat the fenders in to fit a speaker box and cut the large holes to adjust the dual carbs
jroymcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #1194
jaransonT3
Type 3 Nut

I finished re-doing the rear seat of my 66 Squareback.

A few months ago I did a cartoon for a friend of mine that works for a automotive leather supplier. He got me a complete hide to match the leather Mustang seats I have in Sophy..

A few weeks ago, I marked the rear seat up with a panel and sew pattern to match the front seats and the cut the seat cover up to make templates.

....that is the leather hide on my bed, not my comforter. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last week I cut the the leather up into the various pieces for the new seat cover.

Seat cushion

Seat Back

I then took them out to my buddy, Jonce Fancher of Fancher's Upholstery, and he stitched them together for me. And finally, today, I put the new leather covers on the seats along with some new foam padding. Here is the finally result.

Can't wait to get them back in the car after getting her new embroidered door panels back.
'69 Square (Panel wanna-be)
'70/'71 Fasty (Jane - the Lead Sled project)

My Home Page
CarArt by John Jaranson
2010 Type 3 Invasion
jaransonT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #1195
BullDog
Forum Member

Well the ragtop clip has been cut out to be reinstalled once the roof is finished. Cut off the custom dash. Then cut out the windshield frame and cowl... to be replaced with a 63 roof. And stripped the 63 roof to be used.

Pics in my Photobucket album below.
Old January 29th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #1196
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

did the cemetary thing with my dad. spread some of the ashes on the snow covered ground, the rest will be buried when you can actually get a shovel through the ground.. remet my neice and nephew who i havent seen in 12 years. he is 17 and looks like he will be headed into a carreer in the film or music video industry and she is older and going to school after which she will be a 2nd leutenant in the marine corps. also saw my ex bro in law who flew out from san diego as well. he is big up in US customs along the mexican border. my sisters partner's mother made us an awesome spread at the super 8 motel that they are in charge or renovating. we had the entire hotel to ourselves. also a cousin of mine (a few years older than us), came up with a photo album for my sister and myself. all photos of my dad and his and our family that we had never seen before. on the cover was a picture of my dad practicing his trumpet when he was just a kid.....boy we lost it. this afternoon, my sister and I get to go thru some of the legal papers.....probably not gonna be as much fun.
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 07:52 PM   #1197
BullDog
Forum Member

Well... the 63 windshield clip is roughed in. still needs to be massaged a bit but its close. On to the oval window clip now. then the rest of the 63 roof will be fit along with reinstalling the ragtop clip.

Old January 31st, 2006, 07:59 PM   #1198
69calookrat
Forum Member

drove the drag car on the street and did 90mph down a 45mph zone is that a bad thing
the cops drove by the house slow later
got to drive slower from know on [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
the cops will get me one day but not today!!!
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:27 PM   #1199
ducktape

i spent the day gluing pvc together and got paid way too much for it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

yesterday i grafted in my new ragtop section and now need an oval sec to put in to match my soon to be arriving w deck. pics in cutting board and on my intro.
Old February 1st, 2006, 03:06 PM   #1200
dailydrivervw
Forum Member

50 split bought from Alan in Mass late fall. It's maybe not been used since 1976.(last reg sticker)I work on old stuff for a living in my small garage. I rarely get free space to work on it, and it's too much work to go get it and push into the shop. Had a brainstorm [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img] to just put a POS motor in just to make it turnkey. Found a no-compession long block in shed, took the rockers off and banged the valves to shake the rust off the seats. Lot of time to find a starter, engine bolts, key switch, carb, exhaust, a front seat, in all my mess [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img] Started really difficult, but now has OK compression, but one sounds weak while cranking. Loose heads too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img] pop pop.

So, I'll adj loose valves tomm morninng and [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img] the old bug out, as I've got a job coming in at 9am. I'm glad I didn't put a cooling system on, as I would probably buzz it down the road for a test and get stopped. It ain't much to look at as far as what you cut up, but I'm not done yet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

The green truck in back is a customers 48 Cornbinder [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] I should finish it to get more room
I'll try harder next time with pic sizing

Don't fall for the AT&T rebate BS; you can hold your hand on your a$$ waiting for it. There, I feel better now.
dailydrivervw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday