Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,687
Threads: 32,348
Total Online: 555

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by alykat

Old December 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #76
nshaddox
Forum Member

Default Re: neil's intro

replaced oil cooler seals, installed new floor pans, installed homemade 3in. narrowed beam. Finished building up the 1776.

also been accumulating warm clothes for my stay in sweden.

what have you done?

nshaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:43 AM   #77
nshaddox
Forum Member

Well, my stay in Sweden is coming to a close, and I have had a bit of time to reflect on the experience now that classes are done and I am procrastinating and not studying for my final. I must say, one of the coolest things about europe is the ability to go to a hardware store and have a huge selection of metric fasteners. Have you ever tried to find m6 cage nuts in your local hardware store?

No, I didn't think so.

Anyways, I will be back in Texas June 1st.

I need a job, vw related or otherwise, so if anyone has any leads to employment in Houston, let me know. Otherwise, I might just have to stand around at 59 and westpark and hope to get a job as a day laborer.

Not sure what I am gonna do on this project this summer, but tentative plans are to learn how to lead fill and start filling up the little holes and details like that everwhere. I also want to get back to work on my 62. and i would like a single cab. and i have been planning a new volksrod project, but its in the last place when it comes to priorities, so odds are pretty good that that one won't materialize for a few years.
Old July 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM   #78
nshaddox
Forum Member

well, its so hard for me to say this, but I am looking to sell this car now. If anyone wants a chopped up bug, that runs and drives and is titled, let me know by pm or email.

Updated pictures as well. Finally found a decklid for it. and I installed a four tab hood as well. I also aligned the front end today, it drives much better now.

Old October 6th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #79
nshaddox
Forum Member

still have the vrod. still looking for a nice single cab. still in school.

rebuilt my headlight buckets last night. didn't finish til 2 am or so. but they look so much better now.

Old March 20th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #80
nshaddox
Forum Member

list of stuff going on since a long time ago, in no order:

learned how to lead fill, 'finished' the roof from the rain gutters up 2 days ago. did not take pictures of the final product yet, will post 'soon.'

broke the 60 only front trans mount in january, mocked up a later one with the bracket and everything and went to weld it in, and the welder at school was not working for some reason. Fuck. friend brought cheapo flux core welder from his house, tacked in mount, ran out of wire. 5-600 miles later, tack welds finally broke on the drive from houston back to austin. will have to see if i can get some time on the lift next weekend to fix it. again. if the welder works.

replaced king and link pins-god what a difference. no more white knuckle driving, the vrod is now capable of speeds up to 90mph without taking up two lanes. i know cuz i tested it.

odometer rolled over 19000 on the drive back to austin too, but that means nothing cuz i don't know where it started from. and its a junk yard motor with unknown history. still cool though.

did a bunch of rust repair and random hole filling back in january.

painted trunk in january

started building up berg 5 speed for my other car

GOT MY WELDER AND AIR COMPRESSOR FUCKING STOLEN!! THANKS A LOT ASS HOLE!! If my shit hadn't been stolen,
I would have fixed the trans mount before the trip back. Fuckin jerks. oh, and insurance only gave me 200 bucks. What a joke.

started collecting parts for a turbo 36hp build, probably for the vrod.

got a job in the machine shop at school

Tried to get an engineering internship for this summer, but no dice. I guess a 3.72 is not good enough in this shitty economy. SO I will probably have to build more cool shit for myself this summer instead of earning cash$. mixed feelings about that of course.

cool pictures will follow 'soon.'
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #81
nshaddox
Forum Member

pictures as promised. A bit late, but i am a busy guy.
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #82
nshaddox
Forum Member

guess its been a while huh?

well I have a top secret new project in the works.

I graduated.

I got a real job and will be moving to the motor city this summer.

I sold the chop top to my buddy Pecos and bot me a Single cab.

I found a double cab a few days ago that I will probably buy on tuesday.

And in about a week and a half I will be starting on a cross country bicycle ride from Austin TX to Seattle Washington.

Otherwise nothing is new.

I likely won't be posting in this thread again, but if anyone needs pictures that are now broken, just pm me for them. I might tell pecos to post updates on the chop, but its really up to him.

Neil