- by Bugula
- by Bugula

Old January 26th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #776
gravguy
Forum Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
Land luge for someone with a death wish.
my name did come from street luge "gravity guy "
well not quite a death wish we think they are just another route to the quest for speed. roland and jenna are very close friends.we ride all the time i actualy own his old smaller engine one that's only good to 95 mph but the real fun ones are at http://www.poweredstreetluge.com/
but my favorite http://www.jetluge.net/ thats bobs luge and thats jet powerd

FACEBOOK VERY WILD CAR COMPANY
gravguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #777
V8Transporter
Forum Member

SO what class does it run? Land luge at 883 or 1200 ccs? Anything with a Sporty engine making it go is all good.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #778
gravguy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
SO what class does it run? Land luge at 883 or 1200 ccs? Anything with a Sporty engine making it go is all good.
T85 MORRISON, ROLAND 2.5412 114.08979 135.02915
car number ( yeah car LOL) and info

Old January 26th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #779
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Car? But it looks like it has, um, five wheels. And at speed those front wheels must be just screaming. The tech guys must have been really scratching their heads.
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #780
gravguy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
Car? But it looks like it has, um, five wheels. And at speed those front wheels must be just screaming. The tech guys must have been really scratching their heads.

this is what happens to a not well prepared wheel on salt

Old January 28th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #781
crazyman_stanley
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravguy View Post
1965/67 V-Bucket:
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11494
crazyman_stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #782
jt1911
Forum Member

I love the old Brit twins.To me they make better bobbers than H-D bikes.Im not hatin on Harley though.I just prefer Sporties.They look like actual motorcycles instead of overdressed bagger Yuppie bikes.
Now the hot bikes Im currently lustin after are new/late model stuff. I LOVE Triumphs new 800 Bonneville! Big bananna seat,blacked out wheels and fork legs.
And all this for around $7000 .
Im sure most of you have seen Harleys Nightster 1200. Its the coolest Sporty on the road.But just yesterday thay introduced a new Sporty called the Iron 883.Now its not as cool as the Nightster,but if youre gonna buy an 883 its definately THE one.

'' Every time I do coke you give me the every time I do coke speech..."
jt1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #783
mkparker
Forum Member

It is nice and for $7899. Too rich for me but a nice lookin' scoot!!

This Trump makes me tingle....
mkparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #784
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Ahhh, a fellow Sporty guy. My old iron bikes still turns a lot of heads, mostly because the Harley guys can't believe something originally built waaay back in `83 still runs..and they don't get the Cafe look...go figure.
The nice thing about the new Bonnies is the aftermarket; and Triumph's own stuff is pretty cool too. I see a lot of Bonnies on the road and very seldom are they in standard trim. I really like the Scrambler. I had one for a loaner while my Tiger was in for a warranty gig at the dealer and a guy in a really clean `56 Chevy stopped next to me at a light and said ,"Hey, nice restoration!"
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #785
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

I came a signature away from buying a night train last year and decided I really just didn't need it. My brother in law kept telling me " you don't want a little bike like that" dude has has teh whole idae of what's a LITTLE bike all fucked up. He called my old Seca 650 my "scooter"

Growing up my long time high school girlfriend and a couple of brothers that were her uncles all races flat track Harleys. Needless to say, this is my idea of a real Harley

I'd love to have one of these

Last edited by HeidelbergJohn4.0; January 28th, 2009 at 04:42 PM.
HeidelbergJohn4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #786
richie
Forum Member

I dont know what kind of "harley guys" you hang with....but most respect an ironhead.Dont get it around any of the rubs though......most of them dont know what a shovelhead is....let alone an ironhead.As far as cafe bikes go......well,ya just gotta be hangin with the rubs.Cafes are cool.Heres a 74 ironhead I had.....fun bike,but yer eyeballs buzzed at anything above 60!

My Buell

My shovel

shovel seat

bagger

Old January 28th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #787
richie
Forum Member

I get a kick out of some of the people with the big twins that think sporties are "little" bikes.My two currents are the shovel and the bagger I posted.If my wife never rode with me,and I dumped the old bagger for a new bike......it would be a nightster.My bro in law got one.......very nice bike!Im interested in that 883 there was talk about too.I had a 96 883 with a steel ural sidecar on it.....that 883 went all over the country without issue.

Old January 28th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #788
mkparker
Forum Member

I know it's virtual sacrilege to post a Chinese "copy" bike, but this looks pretty cool....in a Storz way....and much cheaper!

mkparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #789
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
I get a kick out of some of the people with the big twins that think sporties are "little" bikes.My two currents are the shovel and the bagger I posted.If my wife never rode with me,and I dumped the old bagger for a new bike......it would be a nightster.My bro in law got one.......very nice bike!Im interested in that 883 there was talk about too.I had a 96 883 with a steel ural sidecar on it.....that 883 went all over the country without issue.
Yeah, my B-i-L is a little skewed when it comes to the size of things. He's 6-4, probably 425-450 after a month at the biggest looser. He thinks his heritage soft tail is kinda small, of course at his size it probably feels like it to him, but he is in a shriner drill team and everyone else rides baggers. I told him he's got about two people on me. Some older 750's feel a little big to me but I'm also more of a around town or back road sport biker type and he's into riding 3-400 miles at a time.
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #790
richie
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkparker View Post
I know it's virtual sacrilege to post a Chinese "copy" bike, but this looks pretty cool....in a Storz way....and much cheaper!

Id ride it.For me its about motorcycles.The only reason I have HD is I have the special tools,and I can fixem anywhere I need to.Parts are cheap for internals too.Then again,on a jap biked Id have nothing to do......Id be bored.
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #791
jt1911
Forum Member

Back in the mid 80s they used to have bike shows at the Macon Mall.That was where I saw a factory Sporty done up cafe style.It was tween an 81 and 83,right the Evo years.It was like a 1000 cc,XL somethin .Had straight low bars behind a tiny black ferring.Cool part about it was it was a complete departure from the rest of the H-D line.Remember this was way before Buell.Back then I didnt even have a drivers license,much less a bike license.All I wanted was an old $1500 Sporty{which the paper was full of back then.
My Triumph love came from this cat in my neighborhood named Ronnie Davis,known to most just as R.D. He was THE Triumph guy.He had at least 20 lined up in the back yard.But he had this one that was on a rigid with a diamond tank, bright orange metal flake,pitchfork sissy bar and a twisted springer front end that stretched out into next week.Oh and no front brake,of course.And man was it loud.He used to ride it on Halloween wearin bell bottoms,no shirt,glow in the dark face paint and his Stormtrooper helmet.Man,dont fear the reefer.Sadly he has passed on and all the righteous Trumps are gone.Ride on R.D.

...''Its a highway song
You sing it on and on
On and on...""

Last edited by jt1911; January 28th, 2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #792
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkparker View Post

The one thing I never liked on sportys was the typical sporty tank. I like the lower profile rounder tanks on a sporty.

I don't care who builds it, thats a sweet clean looking bike. Very much an update of an early 80's style sport bike before the move to the crotch rocket cafe bikes.
Definitely a Storz and XR look alike, but change the colors and the pipes to a sport bike pipe and it could also look a lot like any number of the CB models and clones running around the third world. Still, it looks like it could be a fun little bike. I'd love to have another VT500 Ascot. It was a total wheelie machine. That looks like it could easily be what honda would build as a modern interpretation of the classic V twin flattracker. Sell it for $2500-$3K and I'd at least look at one.

Last edited by HeidelbergJohn4.0; January 28th, 2009 at 06:55 PM.
HeidelbergJohn4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #793
richie
Forum Member

jt1911........I grew up in Forsyth!MN now though.I remember those shows at the mall.There was another small mall with a killer buffet.....they used to have a few indoors once in a while.You dont by chance know of a killer engine guy named Lee Vullo,or Ray Bowden do ya????
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #794
tequilla
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidelbergJohn4.0 View Post
I came a signature away from buying a night train last year and decided I really just didn't need it. My brother in law kept telling me " you don't want a little bike like that" dude has has teh whole idae of what's a LITTLE bike all fucked up. He called my old Seca 650 my "scooter"

My buddy just bought one of these last week. He paid $11,000.00 for a 2004 with 17,000 miles on it. I have no idea if it's a good deal or not The air ride on it is really kool though

Share your cheese....... here kitty, kitty.......
tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #795
jt1911
Forum Member

Richie; If youre talkin about Forsyth,thats where I lived in 04 when I got out of the joint.The smaller mall youre talkin about had to be Westgate Mall.Thats where the bike show started.Had some good car shows there too.The buffet was called The Quails Nest.All thats gone now and that whole side of town is serious ghetto.
I hear alotta people say they dont like the Sporty style tank.Funny, cause thats one of my favorite features.Even if I had/built a big twin bobber Id use the Sporty tank.
Ive never met them cats you mentioned.See,I probably sound older than I am.{38 this month}So I kinda missed out on all the cool scooters.Not to mention Quaaludes and 8 tracks. Im still flyin the 70s/ Trash flag though.With my Molley Hatchet t shirt and PBR tallboy can. Did I mention the VW tat on my right ankle?
But seriuosly,Polaris made a good start back around 00 with the Victory line.But then they they axed the sport bike model that I liked.Now theyre just a bunch of over chromed over priced Canadian shit.To be honest, that newish 800 Bonnie is the best scoot rollin right now.The Bonneville America model is nice too,but it just dont have the appeal of the retro model.Just wish I had some money or credit.
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #796
Charlie Mosh
Forum Member

Don't care if its a repost, but this one got my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
she's cute ... but she's still blond
Quote:
Originally Posted by max16v View Post
Ran like a raped ape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notched View Post
Pinstriping by the World-Famous Pepe Pistolas!!
"as i sit here broken hearted, tried to shit but only farted." R. Peek

Going Fenderless!
()o\_!_/o()
Charlie Mosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #797
richie
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1911 View Post
Richie; If youre talkin about Forsyth,thats where I lived in 04 when I got out of the joint.The smaller mall youre talkin about had to be Westgate Mall.Thats where the bike show started.Had some good car shows there too.The buffet was called The Quails Nest.All thats gone now and that whole side of town is serious ghetto.
I hear alotta people say they dont like the Sporty style tank.Funny, cause thats one of my favorite features.Even if I had/built a big twin bobber Id use the Sporty tank.
Ive never met them cats you mentioned.See,I probably sound older than I am.{38 this month}So I kinda missed out on all the cool scooters.Not to mention Quaaludes and 8 tracks. Im still flyin the 70s/ Trash flag though.With my Molley Hatchet t shirt and PBR tallboy can. Did I mention the VW tat on my right ankle?
But seriuosly,Polaris made a good start back around 00 with the Victory line.But then they they axed the sport bike model that I liked.Now theyre just a bunch of over chromed over priced Canadian shit.To be honest, that newish 800 Bonnie is the best scoot rollin right now.The Bonneville America model is nice too,but it just dont have the appeal of the retro model.Just wish I had some money or credit.
Polaris is US.....MN/IA born....I dont like them.Yup!Lived in Star trailer park....next to the state patrol office.Yer an old man!Im 36!!!MMMMMMM.........Quails nest.Good eats there.
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #798
matthewsuckerpunch
Forum Member

i thnk ive posted it before but its pretty insanely awesome... in a sick sortof way
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #799
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilla View Post
My buddy just bought one of these last week. He paid $11,000.00 for a 2004 with 17,000 miles on it. I have no idea if it's a good deal or not The air ride on it is really kool though
probably not too bad. I was looking at an 07. pretty much justlike the one I posted with short bars but it had black exhaust and no air ride. I was looking at $14.5K.
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:48 AM   #800
streetsweeper1
Forum Member

just thought i would post up a few projects i've been workin on...if you want to see more pics of them or some of my other projects they can be seen here..myspace.com/streetsweepers_chop_shop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img385.jpg (154.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg newdannys.jpg (10.1 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg img370.jpg (105.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg img409.jpg (103.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg img413.jpg (108.0 KB, 4 views)

Tags
bike, bikes, motorcycle