Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old June 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM   #251
NICKSTER

Charlie, they look great!

FYI I posted a picture of the lowered roadster in my intro!
Old June 18th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #252
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally posted by NICKSTER@Jun 18 2005, 06:35 PM
Charlie, they look great!

FYI I posted a picture of the lowered roadster in my intro!
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
Yeah, the wheels look great from a few feet. They probably look too good compared to the rest of the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] I'll tell you, having access to a blast room is great. It sure makes stripping wheels easy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I saw the roadster, looks much better than before. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] Once you get the engine/tranny in and the beam pushed out you will be able to tell if it needs to go lower or not. I think it will be fine though. Too low takes the fun out of driving it. ( I must be getting old!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] ) I say that as I'm working on a narrowed beam with dropped spindles, adjusters and 135s!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005, 10:53 PM   #253
spiggy
Forum Member

I went watching drag racing over here in the uk [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
No volksrods sadly [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cry.gif[/img]
Found a ratty rod in the car park tho

Some cool bugs too,velocirazor and Inchpincher four off the cover of the latest volksworld
Old June 19th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #254
HotRodMatt
Forum Member

Went to the nostalgia drags. Lots of flatties, front engine dragstrs and the like.

here's a wild ride from the day
Old June 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM   #255
Springdog
Forum Member

Sounds like you guys had more fun than I did; but I (with Joe's help and coaching) got the engine I built last year out of the '67 fasty and into "Flame Thrower"- sheesh I wish it had a different name, I should rename him I guess...the engine isn't as pretty as I'm sure that car is accustomed to but it'll have to do...it runs good though, not bad for a first time builder..hard part is figuring out exactly where all that custom wiring goes; the magazine helps a little but I'll still have to do tracing...Bugdust, nice wheels...let us know how it holds up. I imagine if i'll hold up to forestry saws, it should last a good long time...take it easy guys, later [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Springdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 07:46 AM   #256
Cobey
Forum Member

Nothing car related, but I got to show off my "mad skillz" to the little one. After going out to eat at a local place, the little man spotted a tpy he wanted out of one of those crane type machines. I had just enough change on me to play it once, so I thought I would give it a shot. To his amazment and mine, and a bunch of folks that were apparently watching, I knocked not only the toy he wanted into the bin but also the "Cat on the Hat" stuffed animal that was behind it. He was jumping up and down and "Whooping" it up about it, and several of the onlookers gave me a clap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

(BTW, I said *a* clap, the *the* clap [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] )

Photobucket

-I beat up 7 hippies and all I got was this stupid VW...
http://www.instepdrmartens.com/data/...168971013-2718
Cobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #257
daveyj
Forum Member

took the bug to work, figured out that the throttle was only opening 3/4 of the way,
fixed that on my lunch break with a b.f.h., now the clutch will slip in three gears.... gotta fix that.
went to help a buddy with his 52 willys wagon,( frame swap) worked late, got caught in a downpour on the way home. maybe i should think about side glass and windsheild seals..... or a rainsuit. probably go with the rainsuit. fun [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Subwoofer throbbing,
Spoiler bigger than the car.
Loser in Civic.

Freshly-brewed coffee
Rouses me on the commute,
When spilled in my lap.
daveyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #258
NICKSTER

I washed the Aveo! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

(well. I took it to the car wash, close enough!)
Old June 25th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #259
busguy71
Forum Member

I helped by buddy dave today who I'm selling the Avanti for on ebay. We pulled the Avanti and the Lark out and cleaned them up a little. In exchange for selling the car for him, he's giving me an early ford solid front axle setup and a set of wire wheels [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] score one for the busguy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

This weeks job: pharmacudical courier
busguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #260
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Let see, yesterday I tore out the toilet, vanity, medicine cabinet, pulled up the linoleum and the crumbling particle board floor in the inlaws master bathroom and started taking down the wallpaper. This is in preparation for all new cabinets, fixtures and a new ceramic tile floor.

Today I finished pulling down the damn wallpaper, mounted the cement board to the subfloor with mortar and screws and started laying out and cutting the tiles for the floor. I have not taken pics yet, but I will post pics of the finished product soon!

Yes Justin Jr. It's almost Notch time!!!

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:15 AM   #261
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Sat in my fathers front yard and watched fireworks.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:16 AM   #262
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Group shot waiting for fireworks
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #263
ConductorX
Forum Member

Guys - I haven't accomplished anything the last two weeks. I have a bad cold and sinus infection and I am barely functional. But I have made some progress in the material goods department.

I ordered 2 new welding machines and plasma cutter from Indiana Oxygen. ( Thanks Dan)

I also purchased a 1962 Ford Convertible to help me do yard work when I feel better. My brother-in-law is out taking it for a spin.

My wife had this installed to keep her busy on her time off.
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #264
age_designs
Forum Member

Went to my uncles house in the morning got out the big guns and got wrenchin on taking off fender hood and squaring it out hammering bending grinding and replacing parts got alot done that day [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] waiting for the Insurance company to do something CUT WELD DRIVE [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img] Damn it....
'67V-RodSquare
(We don't need no stinking paint)
age_designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #265
squidfire
Forum Member

Stripped and prepped the body for the big chop that i'll start tomorrow.
Update my intro too.
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #266
Cobey
Forum Member

Took the little man to the Herbie movie. Fixed up the sound system in Edel for the most part (has a hiss still, but no more thump thump thump thump when the car turns on.) Picked up two points replacement units. Found the advance in my stock dizzy was shot. Dropped in a German 009 with points replacement kit in, retimed timed, set idle and air/fuel mix.

Photobucket

-I beat up 7 hippies and all I got was this stupid VW...
http://www.instepdrmartens.com/data/...168971013-2718
Cobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 12:05 PM   #267
PAPA_SMURF
Forum Member

yesterday...

1. went over to a buddy's and got a 35 ford axle and wishbone. (later that day split the bones and got it ready to weld bungs in)

2. raped a trailer in my gramps pasture... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] got 3 16" 6 lug wires (old 30's truck wheels), and got a bunch of scrap metal to build my bed. Also got some molding to weld to the doors that will match the beltline to my 31 caddy cowl [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

3. sectioned my dash 2" so the dash is the same height as the cowl. welded in some reinforcements to the body.

66 schwinn, 04 Jetta
https://www.facebook.com/joe.lynch.739
vwclubofhawaii.ning.com
PAPA_SMURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #268
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Progress on the 69: None, other than touching up the red wheels and the moon caps came in. I'm going to get the 135s and the new 165s mounted tomorrow or Tuesday [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

Progress on the 74 baja:I finally replaced the front to back metal brake line a few days ago. I adjusted the valves. I tried to mount the rear bumper but it isn't going to just bolt on and it seems to rain every day when I get home. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] I'll fab up some new longer brackets sometime real soon. I got another one-piece tilt baja front end from Scamper (member here) along with a tilt bumper for it. I'll get the bumper blasted tomorrow and then paint it and get it mounted. I started sanding the tilt front end so I can primer it to match the rest of the bug. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Progress on the 68 vert: I got new pan halves for it and I'm hoping I can use the heater channels out of the 63 sedan. Anyone know if they are different?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused.gif[/img]

I cut the front clip from the middle of the gas tank area off of the 63 body I have. It went to Scamper for his volksrod project along with a few other parts I had around. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] I'm cutting up the rest of the 63 and the 59 body by next weekend.

I cut a brace to go between the tubes on my narrowed beam project. It is made from 2x2 square tubing. I welded it in and it looks pretty good, I guess. I've cut off the stabilizer bracket already and I cut off the second shock tower today. I cut the shock towers off the beam instead of just cutting the beam off at each end. I need to just finish this thing but I only work on it for a few minutes at a time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

I put new blades on the John Deere lawn mower. It only has 17 hours on it and it has needed new blades since about 10 hours. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img]

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #269
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Took my wife and nephews to Six Flags today. had a good time, the lines weren't too long as most people were in the water park so we stuck to the rides. Spent 5 hours there and then another hour and 20 minutes trying to get out of the parking lot. I'm never fucking going back!! ..........Tim
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #270
dayzwalker
Forum Member

Tim just hijacked the "what did you do YESTERDAY" thread and turned it into the "what di you do TODAY" thread [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

...way to go Tim! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img]

...oh ya, I didn't do shit [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

A Fetivus for the Rest-iv-us

dayzwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #271
notched
Forum Member

Tore apart my '66 Variant front end. Noticed that my two lower ball joints were toast. Rust ain't a good lubricant. Stole some used ones from my spare beam. Dropped the front down two clicks. Three might be better. Noticed that I need rotors real bad. Looks sooooo much better. Will drop the back soon. Little too much rake.

Today, I picked up two new ball joints to replace those on the spare beam. Noticed that the boxes were different, and the numbers were too. Asked the parts guy about it, and he said that they were the same. Got them home, installed the first with the 311 number - fit fine. Opened the second box, and the fricken ball joint was way wrong! Way too tall. I knew it wasn't right. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] Will have to take it back tomorrow.

I also picked up two new rotors, and an exhaust clamp kit. Hopefully the rotors are right...

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
You will make a good wife, some day, John.
notched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #272
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dayzwalker@Jun 26 2005, 10:38 PM
Tim just hijacked the "what did you do YESTERDAY" thread and turned it into the "what di you do TODAY" thread [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

...way to go Tim! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img]

<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
Aw fuck. Sorry, well if I was in england, It would be yesterday already. Or I could wait 1 hour and repost. Or I could say I'm a fucking dill hole and it is expected of me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] ....Tim
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #273
spraypaintspecial
Forum Member

Got 4th bag mounts welded on... and in advance... Tightened everything up, installed all new brake lines, mounted enigne and exhaust and set the body back on today.
Old June 27th, 2005, 03:47 AM   #274
lunatic_magnet
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

pulled the motor out of the 74 i have listed on ebay. i have a single port motor i'm selling with the car so i pulled the 1641 w/ kads out. also pulled out the one coil over shock that was on the car to save for my baja. 1 day left on the auction but no bids. its a super, but some ebay wanna-be should buy it because all the rust is fixed...

otherwise... stayed inside in the AC to hide from the heat. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img]
volksrods member #39
forget wd-40 and duct tape... i have a sawzall and a welder.
lunatic_magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 04:16 AM   #275
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

hit 2 shows in the searing heat yeatrday (after spending 2 days cutting the truck into so many pieces that i dont guarantee it going back together). first was a swapmeet in new hampshire where we spotted some vw parts and found out about some parts available up there including a '61 panel van for $700 (roadtrip to come) then we did the new hampshire vw show where we ran into some lurker members (there are plenty out there [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] ), also found out about a local vw bigtimer who is moving cross country and selling everything....what doesnt sell will be crushed (or given away....that is where i come in)....so another road trip is in order for sure. now i'm pooped
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday