Newest Member: Docstansbury

Latest Threads
- by horshak

Old July 2nd, 2018, 09:25 AM   #1
Bugula
Forum Member

Default My trip to Ohio
Re:: Larrys Off Road   

Well my Wife and I took our 15 year old twin boys to Ohio to meet Internet friends. A scenic 8 hour drive through north west Maryland and West Virginia. The parents were cool. The father had a 73 Mach 1 mustang and a twin turbo 911. Timing didn't work out for me to get a ride in the 911. Plus he drove home from work with no boost the day before. Not sure of the issue.
We stopped at Ron's aka metalmater1776. Hung out and bs'd for a few with him and his Wife. Nice people. Ron took me for a spin in his VR.
We also went to Larrys Off Road. Larry and the people there are super cool. He felt bad that we were expecting the VW Nationals. I used to mail order a lot from Larrys back when he would hand out paper catalogs at shows. And Ron, you take a ride up there.
Also checked out the Air Force Museum. That was awesome and free.
Bugula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2018, 05:21 PM   #2
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: My trip to Ohio

Thank ya John, my wife and I enjoyed your company, wasn't till ya's left that I realized you's were over here for at least 2 hours, time flies when your around good people, I didn't really get to give you the grand tour of my garage, but I'm sure you understood just looking in the 2 doors, it's a hazard walking through even for me, I have since gotten the small side where my compressor is at semi sttaightened up, I just started yesterday cleaning my Eldorado up so I can drop the engine back in and get my other Bug back inside, it takes up a lot less floor space than the Eldorado
I've been up to the Air Force Base once but didn't have time to stop in, I might hafta make a trip up to the museum sometime seeing how it isn't that far away, but I don't know if I told you that I need a green card to travel anywhere more than 10 miles from our house
This August will be our 1st vacation since 2007, going to Green Rive Lake in Kentucky, about a 3-1/2 hour drive, looks like I'll be driving my Volksrod there after I put the other 3 ball joints on, don't know if you noticed it but the streets in Ohio suck, I've replaced at least 6 ball joints since 2012 when I replaced everything, I even put a stock beam back on thinking the lower ones might last longer, didn't help, I've tried buying from different places, next time I'm gonna get original German parts

Again it great meeting you and your wife, gonna hafta make a trip east, my grand daughters wants to see the White House after learning it's one of the most haunted houses in the country, makes me wannatake her there, when we do I'll be sure and let you know

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote