Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Bugula
- by f4u5t
- by Bugula

Old April 19th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #5801
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Well.... Yesterday I went in to be reevaluated on my back and left hip. The lady doc I saw was really great. She noted that one have limited movement and painful motion in both hips. I explained how my VA doc had x-rays showing the degenerative arthritis and impingement in both hips, but she would not give me a diagnosis because that is not her speciality.

Then I told her how they also have an MRI from a year ago that shows all the issues plus the pinched nerve in my left leg. Still my VA doc won't give make an official diagnosis for nerve damage. So I show the doc yesterday the prescription my VA doc has me on for the nerve damage.... And I explained to her that I don't understand how the VA can treat me for something they say I don't have...

Then we checked my back... She asked if it's been getting worse, if I had flair ups, how frequently...? That's when I told here about all the increased issues and that Dr. Giles with the VA in Muskogee, the guy who two weeks ago showed me my MRI and pointed out the L5/S1 degenerative disk, the impingement in both hips, and the pinched nerve, was going to start steroid injections into my spine to try to relieve some of the pressure on May 9th.

After looking at the prescription, my range of motion, the knowledge of my upcoming injections, and knowing how the VA works, I walked out with great chances of an in both my back and my left hip, along with an "official" diagnosis for my right hip and the nerve damage.

In all, not a bad day.

Today I went in for my newest psych eval..... I'll tell you how that went tomorrow.
Old April 20th, 2017, 06:52 AM   #5802
J_J_
Forum Member

Damn Ray Dean that dont sound like any fun at all!
got into work yesterday and boss wanted to talk about my back and everything since it was delivery day again and we were down a guy, told him to get over it if I have issues I'll tell him, it was just a pinched nerve, took me out for a couple days but it's all good.
Turns out one of the other guys is putting a list together of the hazards of the job and a list of his job related issues. Which I dont know how he could have any since he dosent hardly do shit!

Anyway the funny part of yesterday was just before the boss was leaving he came over with a phone number from one of our customers that may have found me a shop to rent in my budget, and was really concerned that I was leaving... told him the problem was finding a shop that this job could cover the rent on and he already knew I have to build and I need a place to do it, right now almost easier to find a shop than a proper house...
Still not sure how I feel about being up here in nor cal now...
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:20 AM   #5803
cretin
Forum Member

Took my boat out again on Sunday with the new Mercury Pro Kicker. Ran into some friends who took a picture of me. Yes, it's really small. 11 feet. Dad always said that a boat can only do one thing well. This boat makes people smile and wave.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
cretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2017, 10:51 AM   #5804
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Cool looking boat. All 'glass, or is she plywood and glass? She looks like a lot of fun. and your dad was right, I'm smiling as I type this.
V8Transporter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2017, 06:18 PM   #5805
cretin
Forum Member

Transom and floor seem to be a plastic honeycomb. Sides are probably wood. Cabin and roof are all glass. Wasn't well built. It's a 2011, and both seats were rotted out. Previous owner started some half ass repairs and gave up.

Old May 24th, 2017, 08:41 PM   #5806
V8Transporter
Forum Member

'Don't see a name on her. Is it back on the transom?
Old May 25th, 2017, 03:28 AM   #5807
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

The Boat is Super cool.
Old May 25th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #5808
cretin
Forum Member

Name isn't official yet, but they frontrunner is No Biggie. Because of the size, obviously, but also cause it's something mt dad and I say all the time

Old May 25th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #5809
cretin
Forum Member

Thanks

Old May 29th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #5810
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Go the transverse spring mount partially in, the rear suspension mocked up. Still need to put in shock mounts, linkage to the spring and a third tie rod to keep the hubs from pivoting. The upper arms will be built proper once I get everything aligned.

Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 07:08 PM   #5811
V8Transporter
Forum Member

I'm pretty sure that this the first time I've seen a transverse leaf spring in the rear of a VW project. She's looking good. Great job!
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:13 PM   #5812
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Thanks! The front is transverse leaf too. I might need to add leaves in the rear or less in the front. Don't really know what kind of spring rate they have.
Jeff
Old May 30th, 2017, 06:30 AM   #5813
J_J_
Forum Member

found us a shop up in lake county 11,000sq ft little over an hour away, went to check it out but wife got sick on the way there, cant handle winding roads so well, so much for that idea, back to hunting
Old June 3rd, 2017, 04:23 AM   #5814
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

So over the past few yesterdays I finally got my Volksrod back together, today I need to go get a couple used front tires for it, then I'll feel safer driving it, I've only driven it a few miles, but I'm purty sure its gonna stay together
Here's what happened to it way back in March

Still not sure what broke, I had about 4000 miles on the new clutch parts, but then again when I put the transmission in that shaft could have been bad, either way I'm back on the road again
Next I need to get to doing some much dreaded body work, all the bondo the PO put in around the oval window is coming off & looking bad, I so don't like working with that struff, I'm thinking about just taking it all off & leaving it rough for that true Rat Rod look, the bad part is there's a 1/4" or more in places, I'm afraid to see what it looks like underneath

Oh yeah, I almost have my press finished, I just have a few spacers to cut to length, then I can bolt most of it together
Here's a pc below

Until next time

Ron

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; June 5th, 2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Added Picture of Press
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #5815
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Worked on my light. Found a 1/4" thick, heavy and HARD steel plowing disk. Need to drill 4, 3/8" holes in it. Have gone through 20 bits trying to drill it! Can't put it in the drillpress as the throat isn't deep enough so I have to do it all by hand. I'll try and get out there to finish it soon.

Got the shock mounts for the Coyote Saturday, the wiring is being built and I need to send him a LARGE check tomorrow and my primary exhaust should be here in the afternoon. Have a few other things coming later in the week.

Yep, going a touch nuts!
Jeff
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:36 PM   #5816
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Jeff, you need a few dozen fire bricks to make a portable forge, propane burners are simple to make for around $25, you may even have most of the stuff already laying around, you can use an acetylene regulator hooked up to a grill propane tank to fire your burner up

I can't remember off the top of my head & it's been years since I've done it, but heat it up till its not magnetic (I keep a magnet hanging from my forge by a wire so I know when it non magnetic) then bury it in a bucket of sand or perlite (the gardening stuff) & let it cool off as slow as possible, it should take the hardness out of it & make it easier to drill
I'll see if I can find my notebook to double check that, unless someone else knows, or you can do a quick Google search, I know I've been wrong before

Dang 20 drill bits, I have a bunch of 3/8 drill bits, but not 20, them things aren't cheap

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #5817
DrHax
Forum Member

This is mine now!

Got it transfered to me. Plates under my name and insurance!

Put in my iron cross headlights I've had since 2011! the other headlights burnt out on this car. So

Who ever sees the issue I'll buy you a taco. Yupe original Mexican speedo... Anybody have a spare speedo... speedometer I should phrase with some of loons.

Looking good for 2002. That is what a Mexican bug's dash looks like

Here's a Mexican door panel. It's a unique shade of blue only put on mexibugs. Also got kicker speakers in the door. Gotta have my tunes car came with a dead head unit and crappy speakers (aftermarket).

And here's a bit of reasoning to why there's stickers all over the car. It took the trip. Yupe this car's been down Route 66. I hope to one day take it down it again. I plan on taking the 1966 shell I got and making a camper trailer from it

I have an original VWoA trailer hitch to use too.
Cars a hoot to drive. Still getting used to stick but damn it's fun.

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #5818
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Good to see you're got a killer car to bop around in. Some time ago, a friend had a bug with a speedo like yours. We used a thin piece of plexiglass cut to fit over the existing face and used some stick-on numbers to mark off the MPH. This will save you some work and $ for a new speedo (not the swimsuit).
The camper trailer sounds very cool and a lot of fun.
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #5819
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

Nice Ride, Hax... Good Score.
Old June 6th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #5820
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
Good to see you're got a killer car to bop around in....
The camper trailer sounds very cool and a lot of fun.
The car is nice to drive. These only have a whopping 46hp. Yeah it's not a street tearing machine, but it sips fuel like the nervous friend you brought over to your parents house in 3rd grade.

The camper will be made from the shell of that 1966 bug I bought for 850. I sold the pan for 700 and I got 3k worth of parts from it.

Part of me feels horrible for destroying the bug, but honestly the prior owner turned an original 66 into a basket case blowing the first motor. Trying to cal look it, and shaved the drip rails, rounded 1 of the doors and removed the hand cup from one...

Yeah... still plan on calling the camper the bed bug. I measured it out a single mattress will fit in bug if you are clever.

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:01 AM   #5821
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post
Jeff, you need a few dozen fire bricks to make a portable forge, propane burners are simple to make for around $25, you may even have most of the stuff already laying around, you can use an acetylene regulator hooked up to a grill propane tank to fire your burner up

I can't remember off the top of my head & it's been years since I've done it, but heat it up till its not magnetic (I keep a magnet hanging from my forge by a wire so I know when it non magnetic) then bury it in a bucket of sand or perlite (the gardening stuff) & let it cool off as slow as possible, it should take the hardness out of it & make it easier to drill
I'll see if I can find my notebook to double check that, unless someone else knows, or you can do a quick Google search, I know I've been wrong before

Dang 20 drill bits, I have a bunch of 3/8 drill bits, but not 20, them things aren't cheap

Ron

I went the simple route and bought a harbor freight drill bit sharpener.
Jeff
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:33 AM   #5822
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Why not just buy a small box of 3/8" holes at Harbor Freight? Just don't drop the box. Once they bounce out they're about impossible to find.
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #5823
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I didn't have a 20% off coupon for them.
Jeff
Old June 7th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #5824
V8Transporter
Forum Member

What!? You're going to let the lack of a coupon screw up your, 'hole plan.'
Old June 7th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #5825
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Had a hole in my pocket but I was already using it. Must be where the coupon went...

Tags
what did you do, yesterday