Latest Threads
- by Bugula
- by cretin

Old July 30th, 2018, 07:04 PM   #26
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: 21st Century Ignition

I'm happy for ya, I almost wanna jump up and do a lil dance, remember l said almost, my dang knees have been aching so bad since we got this puppy, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and yesterday I've walked an average of 3.8 miles, the most was last Tuesday of 5.45 miles
Tomorrow morning I'll jump up and ring my bell with my hand for ya, my neighbors may not like it at 5 am but what the hell I don't always feel as happy as I have this past week

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2018, 07:33 PM   #27
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Damn, about two this morning I heard a bell ringing from the east of our house.
The gates are back on and I took apart the T/S signal switch on the column to try to figure out why the left rear T/S doesn't work. I finally gave up, sprayed the contact area with a contact cleaner, worked it a few times and left it hanging loose. This afternoon I checked it out and my turn signals all work! It's all back together and STILL works. Brake lights too!!
I've had the Single Cab since 20 January, 1972 and I swear that she's grinning at me. When I first got her I paint Blue Max in four inch letters on the upper passenger side corner under the windshield. At the time the clip and door on that side were pretty banged up. A friend eventually sewed up a bra to cover the damaged sheetmetal and front mounted spare tire. When a buddy installed a new clip several years ago, I never repainted the name. I dug out my old pics and will do it before the show Saturday. I feels great having her running well again. Thanks for all the advice and positive thoughts.
V8Transporter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:21 PM   #28
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I didn't think my bell was that loud, it's an old 8 inch dia. CO2 tank I cut the bottom off of, it's about 12 inches long, my brother can hear it inside his house, he lived about 700 feet from my bell

Glad you got your turn signals and brake lights working, I'd love to see some pics of your SC since it could be a long time before I ever make it out to that side of the country, but ya never know

Ron

RSS
Old August 5th, 2018, 04:01 PM   #29
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Didn't have time to repaint 'BLUE MAX' but drove her up to the show. Had a great time talking cars with the other show entrants. Show awards were decided by a 'ballot vote' of everyone attending. The Single Cab won the RAT ROD category. The trophy is a really nice aluminum casting. I'll try again to post photos, but have never had much luck at it....sigh.
V8Transporter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 05:37 PM   #30
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Congratulation on the win

Can you email pictures? If so send me a pic of your SC and I'll post it on here, I don't have any problems, plus I'd love to see it, a few of them if you can

Again Congrats !!!

Ron

RSS