Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old May 27th, 2008, 03:08 AM   #2751
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Washed the Trucks... Took the girls to the beach for a Really windy Picnic. Walked the beach with my 9 y/o, while my 11 y/o held down the fort & made sure the chairs didn't fly away. My girl worked, so, she didn't come with, but, she prolly wouldn't have had a great time. We got SAND BLASTED!!!

Nothing else car related though. Just daydreamed about it! Then before I went to bed. I came on to check out my mail, & found TC Ranting about my "Brakes" thread... I bet he would have strangled me if I was near him... Or at least that's how it felt reading it! It sucks too, cuz he did make alot of sence... So I can't bash him about it.

Jack of all trades, Master of collecting projects.
(yeah the unfinished kind... )
"Bunny's Bug" Build thread
"The 66 Shorty" Build thread

Looking for "Buggy parts" for my Spatz Buggy (Budget build)...
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #2752
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

took the bay up town, he drove there, I drove back. cruises right nice at 55, I gotta get used to that higher rpm though.
After we checked out some of the straight line wind damage, came home and I had to do something about that big huge blank spot on front, and those 4 mounting bracket holes~

not perfect, but it's only til the new paint later~
more to come later. It's just a huge empty canvas right now.

He also changed out the headlights with the new ultra bright ones he had in super. They have that replaceable bulb in them.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #2753
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Loaded the turbo bug onto the trailer and started putting odds and ends in the truck to bring to Mike Meet.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #2754
chrisclarkcustoms
Forum Member

paint...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg postal kdf.jpg (86.0 KB, 2 views)
chrisclarkcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #2755
Hebster52
Forum Member

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:35 AM   #2756
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Graded papers and handed in final grades. Gotta change the oil in the FJ before the drive to Effingham Saturday then mow the lawn before it rains.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #2757
hasenpfeffer
Forum Member

As many of you know I've been working on my house constantly and one of the items that needed some attention was the kitchen sink, well everything really, including the kitchen sink... It's from the 40s or 50s and was in really rough shape when I bought the house. 5 or so layers of paint, rusty, dirty, and with contact paper covering the entire inside of it and the drawers (with rust under it)...

I stripped the whole thing, cleaned it down to bare metal and then repainted it. Went to put on a 2nd coat 2 days later and all the paint bubbled up as if I was stripping it with a chemical stripper. Rustoleum said I need to wait a week instead of the 48 hours the can says, so I had to clean off the whole thing again and try it over

Got so involved I forgot to take the pics with everything cleaned, but here's 90% of it cleaned with just a few parts painted:

and here's the finished product, everything gone over with white enamel, inside, out, and under

It's not much, but I'm proud of it, the original cleaning and stripping took the better part of 6 hours.

p.s - the only thing I didn't paint over or strip were the original tags and serial number from Sears and Roebuck, unfortunately there was no date on any of the labels
hasenpfeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #2758
Ian
Forum Member

That sink is sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #2759
amrcnbadaz
Forum Member

Ok, so I am running behind. This is what I did Saturday. Our club had our members only competition. I won my class. WOOHOO! here is the thread for anybody who might want to see pics. And of coarse, you know which one is me.

http://forums.xjsrule.com/viewtopic.php?t=942
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2006, 06:05 PM)

That bike makes my scrotum cry...
Quote:
QUOTE Steve Jan 26, 2008

If one of my buddies pulled into my driveway and got out of that, I'd punch him right in the colon.

That thing looks like a blue clitoris.
amrcnbadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #2760
jkien65
Forum Member

Dude, thats a good looking pink tank top ya got on there. hehe. Just kidding. I had to look at your avatar over and over before I finally found your pics. I saw the chick in the pink tank and thought it would be funny.
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #2761
amrcnbadaz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkien65 View Post
Dude, thats a good looking pink tank top ya got on there. hehe. Just kidding. I had to look at your avatar over and over before I finally found your pics. I saw the chick in the pink tank and thought it would be funny.
The chick in the pink t-shirt and hat (Heather) is the one who drives the pink buggy. And just for the record, she won the Unlimited class!! She can flat out wheel! The girl in the pink tank top (Michelle) has a Cherokee the she wheels and she is building a buggy right now. The girls are stepping up the the plate in the off-road world!
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2006, 06:05 PM)

That bike makes my scrotum cry...
Quote:
QUOTE Steve Jan 26, 2008

If one of my buddies pulled into my driveway and got out of that, I'd punch him right in the colon.

That thing looks like a blue clitoris.
amrcnbadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #2762
road_dog
Forum Member

Well this was not yesterday. In about 25 minutes it will be Yesterday.

I decided to work on a pair of old Headlights that I am considering using. I have blasted and painted one and need to do the other.

Here is what I started with.
[IMG][/IMG]

My goal was to dis-assemble the Pods, Polish the Reflectors and install new Halogen Bulbs.

To do this I would need to remove the old Socket in the reflector and make the 9003 bulb fit.

After taking the Headlight apart I held the Reflector and using the Dremel, I cut just behind the mounting of the scocket.
[IMG][/IMG]

After pulling the Scocket off, I removed the Mounting ring of the Scocket still on the back of the Reflector.
[IMG][/IMG]

Once this was removed I had to open the Hole enough to fit the Bulb base through it.

While doing this I did manage to destroy the Coupler in my Dermel. No wories...I had another....It lasted about 10 seconds.

Now What? I took a piece of clear Tubing and slipped it over the Cogs on Both Pieces. Was able to finish with that.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

So On with the Conversion.

I wrapped the Bulb with paper towel and Rubberbands so as to not touch it and cause pre-mature Burn-Out.

After pushing the Bulb in from the Front, I aligned the Tabs to center the Logo on the bottom of the Reflector toward the Bottom of the Bulb Housing.
[IMG][/IMG]

Then I marked the Top Tab with a Sharpie, Removed the Bulb, and Drilled a Small hole in the Top Tab.

I reinstalled the Bulb, Marked the Drilled hole, Removed the Bulb and Drilled the same size hole in the Reflector.

After test fitting everything, I got the Flitz and gave the Reflector a good Polishing.
[IMG][/IMG]

Then I replaced the Bulb, Installed the small metric bolt and locknut.
[IMG][/IMG]

From there it was a simple matter if installing the Pig-Tail and re-assembling the Pod.
[IMG][/IMG]

There you have it. Now my 70 year old Headlights are outfitted with Modern Halogen Bulbs that should give Plenty of light and with the removal of One Bolt be an easy change if need be.
[IMG][/IMG]

I'll give an update when I get them mounted, wired and Working.

CB
road_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #2763
Mikelrome
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yesterday, I thought I was gona Die, Go to jail or beat the shit out of the entire crew of a Sonic drive in.

My calls and wants to buy something to snack on befor going to an Arena football game. She comes home with a three burgers one small one big for me and one for Her. I haden't eaten all day. So I tore into the small burger and the meat was crunchy. I opend it up and it looked like it was burned beond recognition. I opend the others amd the same burnt. We paied $16.00. for this food. I went to the place I was pissed. I walked into the kitchen and asked for the Manager They all pointed at this kid mabe 16. I told Him to look at these burgers He goed Man I'm sorry. A girl (employee) standing nex to me said I told you them Fucken idiots were using patties out of the trash . I said you have got to be kidding. she said I'm just telling you like it is. I thold the kid give me my money back I called the sonic office their, complaint line. Monday I'm gona bust into the office and force feed someone these burgers.

Then I worked on the 288

Mikelrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #2764
RATROD2
Forum Member

Road_dog...the headlights look great and you won't believe how bright they are! I did the same style conversion on mine except the chrome on my reflectors was really bad so I just gave it Dupli-Color chrome paint. I ended up going back in there and hitting the reflector surface with 2000 grit to get the lights reasonably toned down. I'll keep an eye out for your update...I'm curious how yours will be when they're finished.
RATROD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #2765
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

I went to Nates (bigguy's) for his B-Day party, got harrased by his family, gave him a trailer as a gift, ate some AWESOME food, dropped off some parts, picked up some parts gave and received hugs from everyone (and a kiss on the cheek from his mom ) then grassed his lawn before heading back home.

Come on, when the guys grand father calls you a pussy for not grassing the lawn, are you gonna run away with your tail between your legs? I sure the hell aint!! Especially when Nates Grand-dad could kick my ass just by looking at me sideways.

Hell of a family. that's all I got to say about them. Hell of a family.
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM   #2766
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

watched, sorta helped put yet another engine in the super.
It went 4 miles and died. Came home the last .5 mile on a chain .
I think he's had enough. Super is for sale, has been, has a guy really interested in it, but since hubby put new engine in bay, was just trying to have it running to sell it. Guy wants it for the same reason hubby was driving it, cheap dd.

Went to town to get new floor fans, went to sonics for supper, (shoulda took camera, had a good 'shit stain ' oppurtunity ) , but I drove the whole time. Maybe I should put a yellow stripe on the rear bumper though I'm still a rookie in that thing :)
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #2767
Scott H
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
I went to Nates (bigguy's) for his B-Day party, got harrased by his family, gave him a trailer as a gift, ate some AWESOME food, dropped off some parts, picked up some parts gave and received hugs from everyone (and a kiss on the cheek from his mom ) then grassed his lawn before heading back home.

Come on, when the guys grand father calls you a pussy for not grassing the lawn, are you gonna run away with your tail between your legs? I sure the hell aint!! Especially when Nates Grand-dad could kick my ass just by looking at me sideways.

Hell of a family. that's all I got to say about them. Hell of a family.
What is "grassing the lawn"?
member #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-nor View Post
sliding volksrod discount, depending on how much i like you.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #2768
road_dog
Forum Member

Must be some of that Yankee Slang stuff!

road_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #2769
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Yankee salng for spinning your tires on the lawn there by leaving marks, akin to burning rubber on blacktop.
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #2770
Mikelrome
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

WTF

My would be killing someone if they did that.

Mikelrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #2771
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well heck, I AM the and we BOTH do that ,,,, alot, that's how we marked/burned in our new drive way

Old June 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #2772
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemyth View Post
well heck, I AM the and we BOTH do that ,,,, alot, that's how we marked/burned in our new drive way

Well, Nate did tell me to do it. He just said to do it in the back part of the yard.

But of course there was his grand father. I got the feeling you just don't dissobey that man.

Nice guy. You can even hear him laughing at the end of the video I took of Brady taking Muffs dad for a ride on his tricycle.
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #2773
cuttinup
Forum Member

Went to Irvine Classic, picked up a right front fender (66 dn)for the bug, now if the front cli[p i bought last week will show up.
Saw some cool stuff, not many Volksrods tho. Chip Foose's rework of Hot Dog Freds Bus was cool. Took a few pics, too lazy to load them right now
cuttinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #2774
72westy
Forum Member

after i got home from work, drank a couple of cold ones and joined an freaking awesome forum!

Looks like a bunch of really skilled/intelligent people on here, glad to join you guys.
72westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #2775
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

welcome aboard 72westy, go do intro in the intro area,

My yesterday~
Put super on jacks, washed and dried dragon, then dropped the oil to drain for the afternoon. Came back to the a/c. Then tried out a tip I found in a new freinds myspace album~

So I'm learning to fade, 2colors with 1pull.

Hubby stpped at a home bike repair shop last night. Found a goldwing bike for just under a grand, has someone interested in the super as is, for a grand.
I'm not fond of bikes at all. BUT, it's a cheaper commuter than the bug or the bay right now. and at least if anything happens it's 1 long rd I can drive to find him. I'll be ok with it, for now~

Tags
what did you do, yesterday