Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old April 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM   #3751
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Matt, you better be careful over there, we need your scrawny little ass back over here!

My kid had orders to go to osan, s korea, but now, I assume due to the fussing about the boat sinking there , he was changed to go to Ohio

Check in when ya can though!
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 09:28 PM   #3752
J_J_
Forum Member

Well yesterday we just packed a bit like I've been doing all week, but it finnally caught up to me laid down for a bit and crashed for roughly 4 hours..
On a good note today we finnally heard back on the house we wanted to rent and after some running around signing papers etc. we got the keys and have a decent place to live for the next year! nice area price was right in our range, 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage and an office, fits our needs! and the landlords cool with any upgrades I do etc.. guess the last tennant couldnt fix anything and called for every little thing so I have some leway and no worries about me working on my cars and games etc..
just gonna have to wire up the garage for 220 to run my compressor..
So I get to spend all weekend moving and next week unpacking then I can sleep for a couple days! the funny thing is that the realtor/ broker called today and got the auction postponed giving us more time... which is funny how she got farther on our behalf in a week than the attorney I sold my truck to hire got in a year? and she isn't costing us a dime she gets paid by the bank when it sells... After we get settled we're going after the lawer for my money back and reporting them to the CA. BAR association! but for now we have a place to live and I can still work on stuff!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:04 AM   #3753
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Good to hear JJ!

I painted with psycho colors yesterday
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM   #3754
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Worked on the new motorcycle (Suzuki RF900R) at my buddies house yesterday. We got it to fire up with starter fluid but won't run on gas (bad fuel pump). Now I just have to find a new fuel pump for less then $200.

Since we have time, I brought the tank home, washed it out and sealed it with MasterSeries.

We still need to buy a rear tire, fix the clutch cable, adjust the choke mechinism and replace the ignition, gas filler and seat release since there was no key with the bike (bank repo and they popped the ignition).

I even talked to the wife about keeping this one instead of flipping it. I think she might be cool with the idea.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #3755
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Great day at my place. My li'l bitch is back on the road thanks to bugdust, 57drag and his son Cody. We had a blast, Charlie had to leave at about 12:30 so his woman could go to work, but Don and Cody stayed all day. Then Don brought his whole family back later to show off what they did, and bring me some presents.
to all 3 of them....the Awesome Crew I named them.
Zim
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Daily driver: 91' Cadillac Brougham.
AirheadZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:53 AM   #3756
Palepainter
Forum Member

Worked on the car for a few hours. Shoveled about ton and half of cow and horse poo into the garden. Went to a birth day party with a bunch of people discussing how we don't need guns. Lot o fun......Tried to keep my mouth shut, but failed. :)
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #3757
Cat Box
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

i rewired the hydraulics in the trunk of my 54 chevy.

ya mean that stripping the wires with a razor blade and the twisting them togther isnt the right way to do it?

i know it was a razor blade cause i found it.

i charged the batteries and it is way more responsive now.

http://www.Rosecityvolksters.com
Cat Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #3758
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Once you twist 'em together, don't forget to use your hardware store wire nuts. The red ones look real pretty and old school if you use all black wire........
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #3759
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Palepainter we gotta be us or it just wouldn't be fair. Our side versus their side lol.
AND dammit I coulda used that shell lol.
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #3760
dt113
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

[QUOTE=Palepainter;455566]
people discussing how we don't need guns. Lot o fun
QUOTE]

IDIOTS!!
dt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #3761
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yesterday I painted my exhaust system, applied a pair of Vw flaming skull stickers to the li'l bitch, took a short drive over to see my mom (85 yo), bought $10 worth of gas, tried to adjust my headlights, but opted for the permenant high beams (switch and wiring needs sorting out, but they work), watched DIstrict 9. Surfed thesamba for a suitable body/pan for what seemed like hours. Got prepared for my first day of the li'l bitch being my daily driver.
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #3762
PureC4
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Modified my headlight mounts to fit the front beam, and pulled the hood to sand and repaint. Hope to paint it tomorrow.

We lust for what we want, and weep for what we need!
PureC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #3763
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yesterday, took a vacation day, hand therapy at 1:00, went and ate sushi, Dr's appointment at 3:45 then came home and listened those friggin' kids of my girlfriends daughter act like a couple of heathens, paddled the 3 yo's ass twice for dis'in' me and being a little smart ass. Ate no dinner cuz I was so stressed from the stupid little heathens. Making me dislike children , I never had any of my own. W.C. Fields was right, "any man who hates dogs and children can't be all bad". Right now I'm so sick of them I'm gonna go in my bedroom and turn up the tv LOUD. LOL whew they're going to bed thank GOD!!!!
Zim
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #3764
J_J_
Forum Member

Well yesterday I fixed a couple things around the house and hauled a few hundred pavers in the wifes Pacifica, same as the yesterday before.. been pulling the pavers from the house to use here at the rental, they had a tin shed on blocks and plywood falling apart so laid the pavers to do it up right so I can put the landlords stuff in it and have more room in the garage for my stuff.. but last night I was bugged by the 220v lines at the breaker going into the ground but not coming out so I started diging I want to run it into the garage so I can run my air compressor and equipment
well after about 16 feet of chasing line a foot deep I was ready to quit for the night went in took a break the went and figured I had to find it reguardless just about 3 more feet is where it ended right where their spa used to be so that made sense but I didnt bother to remember or even question why lines going nowhere were on just didnt think RULE 112 DO NOT dig up live powerlines some idiot left sticking out of the pipe uncoverd BY HAND!!
IT REALLY FKN HURTS

knocked me a few feet and really took it out of me but I found the little fucker!

now I just gotta tie in and got the other 6 feet to the garage and put my sub panel in and get to wiring and working!! but today I walked around it, and hauled 260 interlocking pavers I had at the back patio area of the old house picked up the wife from work and then for god knows why we had to walk the hill??? it's about 3 miles to the top her and our youngest turned around at the 2 mile mark but I went to the top 10 years of living here and never saw the monument up there so what the hell why not, got alot of wiierd looks as I was the only guy jogging/ walking Mt. Rubidoux in jeans, work boots and a t shirt with a flannel around my waist, wife was even laughing at me but I was laughing at all them in their sweats and high dollar jogging outfits and special shoes looking like they're dying and sweating to death?
WUSSY's one guy told me I needed to dress properly so I dont hurt myself, told him I was just looking for where I left my smokes
heres a thing on the hill; http://www.mt-rubidoux.org/
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #3765
Cat Box
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
Once you twist 'em together, don't forget to use your hardware store wire nuts. The red ones look real pretty and old school if you use all black wire........
i did get tired of bending over and i used two of the beige ones where he had four wires coming togther...

oh and i used black wire with his random sampling of garbage wire...a piece of speaker wire here and some that is to small there, some dirty oily frayed twisted stuff there...

it was beautiful. man i need to take some before shots of this stuff, it would make a good reminder to look at everything before i buy another car.

http://www.Rosecityvolksters.com
Cat Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #3766
hotrodhenry
Forum Member

i noticed two things, 1 i am begining to collect exaust systems because i have not found one i like.2 i have not added a whole lot to this board, other then sarcastic comments, and yet i have gained much. so hear is what happens when you have a welder and you are bored.

Old April 18th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #3767
hotrodhenry
Forum Member

okay so i suck at posting pics, i hate photo bucket. help!!!!!!
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #3768
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

go to your PB, and copy just the IMG link they provide
no need to use the image box in the post.

I can go to your pb and the link is the one in the bottom of the list.
Check my 'how to post pics' thread stuck on top of the forums here and in the intro section for pics of what you need :)
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #3769
hotrodhenry
Forum Member

i tied that but i still cant make it work. i looked at your how to also but i am computer retarded.
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #3770
hotrodhenry
Forum Member

jpg[/IMG]
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #3771
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

you have your links hidden, they appear when the mouse pointer is over the pic, so either go into your options and 'show links' or click on a picture, it will provide links off to one side after it opens fullsize~ copy the [IMG] code , then paste it here~

never mind, you got it :)
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #3772
hotrodhenry
Forum Member

holy rusted metal batman it worked. you are cool x10 purple, thank you big time
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #3773
ClassicGMJunkie
Forum Member

exhaust posts are useless without VIDEO! now you get to figure that one out ;)

62 Impala buildup...kustom/6shooter lowrod

62 Impala 2dr HT build

70 Corvair-motorvated drop top Beetle Projekt
70 Cabrio build

Intro thread

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25084
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #3774
Dave Cormack
Forum Member

Finally had a nice day here, so I fired up the propane garage heater, got it up to about 90 degrees, and streched the Chicken Wire, the Muslin underlayment, the foam padding, and the vinyl top, on the 26 Tudor. Came out fairly good, for not knowing WTF I was doing, you can bounce a quarter off the top, and it's sitting in the sun right now, and some of the little pooches are disappearing as we speak... It got DARK in there without any sunlight coming through the roof...

Last edited by Dave Cormack; November 3rd, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Dave Cormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #3775
RichG
Forum Member

Nice Tall T!

Tags
what did you do, yesterday