- by jorez
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old February 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #4576
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Remonds me of Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck," bit. But instead of finding a Buick when you mowed your lawn, you found a VolksRod in a pile of nerf balls.
Is it done yet?
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #4577
Al Low Ha
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

By the way...how was Maui?
Al Low Ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #4578
Twisted
Forum Member

I picked up an old cherry picker, my old one was stolen about two years back. This ones ugly as sin and painted a neon green but eh.. nothing a rattle can cant handle.
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #4579
V8Transporter
Forum Member

"How was Maui?" Um, let's see. FANTASTIC is one word. Warm weather, nice folks...we stayed in an inexpensive little cottage across from Cove Park. The managers (a really really nice couple who loaned us boogie boards and beach chairs) warned us about folks drinking beer and partying into the night at the park. Right... Somehow a bunch of kids who pack it in and eight at night and of all things play 'soft rock' songs (?) was kind of funny (John Denver & Fleetwood Mac songs for Pete's sake).
Talked cars with a couple of locals on the road to Hana. Did I mention that it was FANTASTIC?
Old February 21st, 2012, 03:49 AM   #4580
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I got visitors~0220121832.jpg

Another mini North meets South Volksrodders meet began.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 04:30 AM   #4581
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yea, Carlene. I left my door unlocked once too. I have it deadbolted ever since.

J/K. Glad to see you guys made it down safely.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 04:41 AM   #4582
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I let them stay, even fed them to keep them content, only cuz they bribed me with some deliciously fragrant golden liquid in a large Mason Jar
0220121508.jpg
GEDC1499 (Small).JPG And a new baby
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:13 AM   #4583
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Oh I wouldn't drink that shit. That leads to bad things like falling out of trees, walks of shame, shameful story telling about bonfires, & famous last words "hold this, & watch this".

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:45 AM   #4584
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Hmm well, let's see, I have no trees big enough to even climb in yet. I haven't really had need of a fire place yet. But I do have a deflated headed to the trash pool with 3 in of water and leaves in it, a front porch with steps easy to fall down, and a room full of a type of paint that has been used by others around the world for body painting...... Yeah, maybe I'll wait til I have adequate adult supervision.
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:24 AM   #4585
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott76 View Post
Oh I wouldn't drink that shit. That leads to bad things like falling out of trees, walks of shame, shameful story telling about bonfires, & famous last words "hold this, & watch this".
But fantastic Youtube videos!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #4586
alykat
Site Supporter

Dug Beths' pos Ford out of the shed where it has been sitting for the last 2 years due to transmission failure. Hosed an inch or so of dust and bird poop off of it. Now that the weather is getting warmer and my work area (yard) is drying up a bit, I'm going to try and get it back on the road.Need to fix trans, redo front seats(it came with factory bench but I'm installing modified 69 Mustang buckets) mount mirrors (replacing fixed with adjustable from inside), put in new stereo, and double check that I didn't miss/screw up anything when I put in the new dash-headliner-carpet- and dual exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68 stang 002.jpg (95.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 68 stang 003.jpg (86.0 KB, 1 views)
Old March 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #4587
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

not yesterday, actually thursday night, but because of this I only slept like 3 hours that night, then went to work and slept all day friday and yesterday..

Had a guy come over to help me with the motorcycle, I was HOPING we'd be able to finish reassembly of the engine so I could throw it back in teh bike, but all we accomplished in about 2 an a half hours was putting the pistons and cylinders back in..

Whoever designed P&Cs for 1986 Honda Shadows needs to be kneecapped..

Assembly is the same as a beetle, insert piston into cylinder, slide cylinder onto studs, insert wrist pin, slide it all the way home.

But in a bug, you get some movement room. on my Honda, you get, no exaggeration, about ONE millimeter of space to slide that piston out and get the wrist pin in, otherwise you pop a ring out

MAJOR pain in the ass, but we finally got it done. We stopped around 130 am, he's gonna come back wednesday night (supposedly, he has a habit of flaking to work on other customer's bikes, but I'm not complaining because whenever he does give me a total, he knows i'll be making payments whereas the other customers are paying him in total right then and there..) and show me how to lap valves and help me reset the valve tappets.

Once we get it reassembled it should be easy work reconnecting wires and putting the body back on and whatnot.. hopefully I'll have the bike running again by mid-april at the latest, then I just gotta deal with DMV..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #4588
Twisted
Forum Member

Picked up an old chenoweth 2 person buggy frame. Its been hacked on and needs a bunch of work. It has... some hideous and massive ifs welded to it. Then the guy decided to shorten it by 6 inches (to have a shorter wheelbase) and never finished.

But for 50 bucks.. i can weld it back up, throw away that ifs and keep or resell it.
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #4589
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Had another person contact me through VR about the camper (this makes 8 people now). I guess its a big hit, just google Fleetwing camper and see what pops up.. LOL... Anyhow this guy lives about 15 mins from me. He has a '62 Fleetwing (if I remember right). He wanted to come look at it as a refference and showed me his old truck collection. Told him he can come over only if he brought his '40 GMC 1T. What a beautiful truck. After some Q&A about the camper we went for a spin in the truck. My bad I didn't get a pic.

Most popular question: "Do you have any more decals?"
Most popular answer: "Nope"

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement

Last edited by Scott76; March 19th, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:22 AM   #4590
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I've been on a rant in the yard lately. Yesterday I proved I wait for nothing anymore~ "I'll move it". No, I moved it.
Have truck, chains, I move ~ bent the hell out of the front bumper, but it was a cheap blade and I DGaF anymore.

Dead mowers too. But moved it with my atv.

I'm going to guilt trip someone into cleaning up the garage, eventually. OR, I'll do it myself. 10yrs is enough.
Old March 21st, 2012, 01:12 PM   #4591
johnintulsa
Forum Member

I got my engine all installed and wired, hoping for the rain to stop so I can take it for a spin!

533960_3287755626495_1045814837_3145626_1561321267_n.jpg
Old March 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM   #4592
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Ditch the clear dist cap. They wear out REALLY fast. It looks cool but just go back to a stock unit.
Jeff
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #4593
V8Transporter
Forum Member

I'm going to guilt trip someone into cleaning up the garage, eventually. OR, I'll do it myself. 10yrs is enough.
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:04 PM   #4594
OB'S Customs
Forum Member

I started to move the shifter and heat controls from the floor to the dash. I think the heat controls will be fairly easy. The gear selector not as simple. I hope to have cables made this week and finish it this weekend.
OB
OB'S Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:21 AM   #4595
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
He leaves in the dark, gets home in the dark, he is in the dark~ If this is where I have to stay 90% of my time, I'm gonna make it fit me. All this clutter makes me feel trapped. I can't think, I can't work, and I'm tired of waiting for anyone to make time to do anything with it. Last year and last month, had visitors, I felt really bad cuz this place looks like crap. I'm home , it shouldn't look this way. Never planned it to look this way. I had stopped gardening cuz of neck injury and lack of help. Fuck it, chiro resets bones once a month.
I actually have 2 trucks, 4x4 is temporarily out of commission(dragon needed a battery), but with a 2wd, atv, a mower that now runs when I need it, chains, machete, axes if I really get pissed, shovels, rakes, pitchfork, electric shears and trailers. I'll clean it all up except for the pile of shit by the cave and one small shed in the corner. They both are the last on the list. This yard will get fixed up first, weeds around trees, old gardens and shrubs that I planted years ago will get fixed first. I no longer care about the cars lined up out in the back acre, they are basically out of sight and not in the living space. I've been a pack rat as bad as he is, I'm just attacking my shit first. Inside the house is almost clutter free. What used to take a week to clean is done now in a day.
I need to be painting and I need a paint booth. I will get one or make my own. All 4 vehicles need to be painted too. This crap has to get out of the way. Paint, dust, grease, oil, they don't mix. I'm tired of hearing "I'll get it cleaned up, I'll help you do this, this weekend" over and over. No, something else has to be fixed to drive next week. He works all week 7am -9pm and later. He can do whatever he wants on his day off. I'm here 24/7, I'll do it myself. Only 2 things I can't do, is finish the roof on the front porch and build a back porch. Both require some skills and strength I do not have, nor the $.
Same mentality that I used in the house, Fix it soon, use it or loose it, it's that simple....

No, at my age it could be blamed on menopause,,,,,, no, it's pissed off bitch now

Sorry, I'm done now~

Yesterday I finished cleaning the perimeter around the house outside. Can't handle the commercial weed eater but a sharpened push/pull stirrup hoe worked just fine. I hurt like hell every morning this week but so what. The new compost pile where the blue bubble pool used to be is growing nicely.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:58 AM   #4596
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

OUCH!

Yard work is always easier when you keep on it. Once it gets out of hand its always a nightmare. It has taken us 2 yrs to get the yard to where it SHOULD have been when we bought the place.

Yesterday I finished replacing the wheel studs in the chevy. Just waiting on the garage to quit dicking around with my tires so I can put them back on. It goes in for alignment monday.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:52 AM   #4597
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Spring time is the best time to do this shit. Weeds are young again and the soil is still sift. Everything comes out with little effort. If I don't get it done in the next month, a torch will work to just start over next year.
Besides, on the bright side, I can get a tan now since I got rid of the pool
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM   #4598
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I found a few pennies and sold a few things so I ordered brake parts.
Jeff
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:46 PM   #4599
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Hey PM. I know what you mean about clutter. I'm finally hauling the stuff I was saving for a "future Project." Yesterday, I filled my little trailer with some old bike parts and most of one of those free standing round glass sided wood stoves, along with about 20 feet of chimney pipe sections. Then I cut up a bunch of odd lengths of redwood planks (mostly split) for kindling. If this keeps up I'll have a whole 'nuther parking space...which I plan to keep empty. My back is sore, but I feel good. I should mention that Sherrie was surprised (okay, astounded) and pleased.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:46 PM   #4600
thatcher
Forum Member

I got a bunch of ceramics back from the kiln at school
http://thatcherworks.blogspot.com
thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday