Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,564
Threads: 32,386
Total Online: 571

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by RichG
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3

Old May 15th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #126
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: purplemyth

seat covered~ points installed, timing reset, carbs, need resetting, going to a bike shop down south a few miles looking for mirrors today. Wants to get it inspected this week. I just want it out of the garage and done with.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM   #127
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

It's ready to get inspected and tagged now. Took it on a 6mile run and it did fine he said. Will need a clutch soon though.
So now he's finally finished, and even though it got to 105* IN the garage, I painted. I've been stalling on it.
It's not done, but he's happy. Still to do is the bulldog and 'scrap iron' on the side of the tank. And a dark red stripe to split the turquoise and white.

front fender~

rear fender~

And tank.

Will post a better pic in true daylight later, not today.

edit, 7am monday~

it's gone to work, hope it gets plated and makes it back n one piece~
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 03:35 AM   #128
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Well that beast has been on the road daily now, 6 more lights added to it for visibility

I took out frustration last week and ripped the 30yr old torn, shredded ripped (on purpose by irritated child) headliner. In Dragon AND the bronco.

Dragon will just get some grey spray paint to cover the out lining red, pink foam board insert, some grey fabric to cover, and rods replaced
bronco

will get some butyl tape on top, an some foam tape under neath sunroof, haven't thought about new cover yet~ just got tired of the leak and the cardboard falling in the seats.

And yesterday, after several months of 'yeah the passenger window regulator is a bit hard now' I'll replace it' and "oh, guess what honey? since it's 100* today, the window goes down and stays down", and hubby is now passenger, he decided replace it,,,,,,,, so HE won't get wet if it rains
Old July 16th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #129
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #130
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Just made a deal for this~
GEDC2465 (Small).JPG
that has this stuffed in it~
GEDC2467 (Large).jpg

It'll be over maybe this weekend. Just accumulating the parts for the Panel
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #131
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

A month without my bay felt like a year, but he's back on the road again.
Bay lost oil pressure at idle a couple months ago, and I finally gave up driving it when it kept over heating, would rather park it before it locks up and destroys what might be something minor. Dragon's alt died friday, starter was already a hit n miss-er.
I love my Dragon to death but I really need the bay for the near future of hauling misc stuff and then hunting season in october. So dragon once again gave his heart to the bay.
Dropped both engines and combined them. Bay's alt & starter are new. Swapped carbs and doghouses, even left dragon's red tin and fan tail exhaust. At 5pm today, Dragon's bay floats again.

Red and black don't look half bad tucked in there~

Still don't know what's inside this mystery engine that came from the MGTD kit car a couple years ago, it's not stock, so we just call it a 1641,, but it's just as snappy in here as in the bug. 60mph@3500rpm(only300 more than in bug)@180* with 35lbs on the oil gauge. Even accelerated going up hill.

Oh, and I observed the rear cross member being bolted back in properly too
Old September 6th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #132
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Home built trailer hitch. Similar to a reese hitch. He cut a slot thru the bumper to keep the hitch higher.

So I could haul this for now. Maybe a small boat later.
Take a reg tilt boat trailer~

shorten it, add side bars, ramps, ~

Build an automatic hitcher custom for my atv~

and I have this~

and now I'm independent again ~ single runner instead the total incl 2 atvs 1500lbs trailer dbl hauler we also have.

3/16ths tank compared to the 1/4tank in my bronco,45 mi round trip, going to camp is now cheap again.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM   #133
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Idea for latch came from a lawn mower dump trailer, he told me last week, i just haven't added that yet.

Last weekend, especially sunday , I had a couple malfunctions.....
I backed in it~ with the atv,

I broke it, with the atv~

Told him I have to hit it too hard....

Yesterday, he fixed 1 of them

He said 'there, I dare you to break that now'''''
I get to fix the bay when ever we get around to painting it.
Life of a huntin vehicle I guess
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #134
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Sept '11, wow, well, aint had shit goin on around here worth adding in here.
Hunting season over, I finally got my first. Bus got new rear axles, last month FINALLY! No more clunking!

Coil over shocks replaced the dead airshocks too.

Shifter got fixed, after I had a temper tantrum that sent it into the passenger's side.

Had enough of it NOT going into second gear and then reverse lock out quit. , Damnit, when I say there is a problem , I mean it! Turns out the plate has been upside down for mmmmmm, a couple years

Now that is all caught up, yesterday he added another mini horse to the herd.
An '03 Vulcan. Scrappy can now sit idle while he saves up $ for parts to fix a few things, like the rear bushings and get rid of those crappy carbs. I knew that $500 was a waste of time

After a bath today and tinkering done. Gauges, headlights, step pegs all re-adjusted. It has been layed down on it's side by a previous owner, scratches, but no major damage.

Cave is occupied now and dragon is under the side shelter.

Now, I wonder what will happen to this big open area?????????????

You'll see,,,, later~

(Please donot post in my intro, it's a coagulated mess as it is, thanks)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:59 AM   #135
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

The 49 F Panel is up for sale. My choice, not his. He still wants to keep it.
2 guys already thinking about it and researching the cost of frame swapping.
$500 as is, no engine, no title. Just the panel. The parts truck with engine will be going back to prev owner since it was never paid for. That's crush weight value. If it doesn't sell by summer, it will become a potting shed out back on blocks with lots of pretty flowers and gardens around it.
Yeehaw yeehaw~
I said this year was going to change around here. I meant it.
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #136
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Well, it's sold. Got the 1/2 paymt friday. Will be going to Tenn in about a month.

Cleaned out the cave last sunday. The MG evil little hotrod is outside. A friend asked to borrow the cave to do body work to a 65 chevy truck. Haven't seen it yet, but hey, cave is clear now.

Hubby has the scrap iron bike for sale too. HIS idea, TOTALLY not mine! $2800.oo. Soon as it warms up, he'll go back to driving it.
I said shit was gonna change around here.
Other life shit is cropping up and that's all I can say~

see ya'll next time I'm on a key board~
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:40 AM   #137
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Well, it left tuesday night. Paid in full and gone.
There is a manx buggy in the cave now, side job. And a 65 Chevy step side sitting on the side for body work and alot of other things to put it back together.

Still no computer.
Going to dig out the airbrush and start working on some new things. Also trying to get the wood working back in line. Pinstriping? Just collecting dust in my art room. Not wasting materials any more til a job comes along or I really feel like it.

But that's me for now. Missin hanging around here. y'all be good~

til next time.
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #138
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

The panel's new owner has given me permission to post his rebuild.
Got these this morning. He got another frame and it's blasted, body off and blasted.

2013-06-159514.16.07.jpg

2013-06-169520.02.28.jpg

2013-06-169520.03.01.jpg

I'm glad to see something happening to it so soon. I knew it would mostly be years before it would get touched around here. Just accepting reality. So it's gonna be nice to see it reborn :)

I will keep a few pics here, but all that he sends me will be over on the sister site~

http://www.rodsnkustoms.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:43 PM   #139
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

http://www.rodsnkustoms.com/forum/sh...49&postcount=9
More progress from the guy who bought my panel. I'd have never gotten this far this quickly.
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #140
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

New owner of my old 49panel is on the road~ tagged and driving to the Redneck rumble

ResizedImage951376788843528.jpg

lg_1239430_649088158457805_1372053814_n.jpg
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #141
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

In the past 2 months, we hauled a load of scrap to get this in the water. Just a $150 in it, included gas getting lost on a 50mile detour to get it inspected and registered.

My Dad's old '58 SeaKing. 14" aluminum. I was in it from 3 wks old til around age 2.
My Uncle had it for awhile and it has sat since 82 in his back junk yard, we dug it up in 2004.
Replaced seat boards, painted it to match the Bronco I have (which he gave me 6mos before he died) and we built a canopy from parts out of 3 old trihulls in our back neighbors cow field. Cover is just a painter's canvas from home depot, sprayed with water proofer.
Old faded Seats were refoamed and recover by us, freebies from our friends that we hunt and will soon boat with were given by some of their friends.
I painted the numbers on the side. Stickers are on my desk and they interfere with the design I was going to paint on nose. So back to thinking on that area.
Mariner 9.9, trade from an old school buddy. Hubby sanded off and repainted the top. I will get around to painting on that too.
Today it sees sun for the first time since we took it for a water test a month ago. And it leaked. Been recaulked before paint.
Just waiting on a new prop , a few other things, and another good weekend to go out.

40600405.JPG

380624_3109972104802_920341659_n.jpg

GEDC6737 (Medium).JPG

GEDC6871 (Medium).JPG

GEDC7234 (Medium).JPG
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #142
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Since I seem to be dominating the 'yesterday thread', I will put my art back in my own thread. (slackers)

My BIG baby~

First layer. Hand made life size real leaves, stencils. Tiny Omni matrix airbrush. Just me in the cave, alone. Doing something for me. No stress any more to advertise for jobs. I have finally convinced myself to do something fun, for me. And it's a big project.

100's of these. 6hrs per side, 2 days.

Second layer. under 100 of these.

Started late yesterday because it was a bit chilly, 48*.
Side 1 and 1/3rd of side 2 done between 11am and 630pm.

How many more layers? Have 1 more major one and 3 smaller stencils used on old 62 last month, (under 10 leaves per stencil, but still life size.) Don't want the sides 100% covered. The hood will get major coverage. The hump on the top will be 100% covered. I'm tired of blinding glare at certain times of the day. Total flat will cut that down.
And the real kicker? This will most likely get all sanded off when we repaint the beast all over. But what the hell, it's only paint and it's great practice! AND this is the 2nd largest project I have ever done in my life. The first was an airboat back in the mid 80's. Tired of small, so I went back to big..

In other news~
Had a this show up mid morning for an stock engine rebuild job. Hubby's new hours, we can do side jobs again. I even have an art job to do if the guy will just hurry up and bring it over. Another Shriner buggy that we worked on earlier this year.
1010131112.jpg

Bus has been parked in town at hubby's store for 3 days and has 3 people talking. 2 seem serious, 1 is an out of towner who's friend sent him a dozen pics. First with full cash, gets it. Just want it gone. Get all the bills current and get back to life.

Get back to work~
Old October 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #143
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Both sides done today.
Layer 3, side 1

Layer 3, side 2

Close up at half way side 1.

Cluttering up quite nicely I think.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:51 AM   #144
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Adding more clutter.

The greens were too much, so toned them down.

Was bored and decided to clean up the fading grill.

Have been waiting to remove hood, but started anyways, it's as far as I got. Back said no more.

So monday I started tailgate and this is where it's at yesterday afternoon.

Will have this finished up today. Then, I guess I go on to other things while I wait for hood to get removed. At 5'2", 110lbs, it's not something I'm going to do by myself.

Other news~ Hubby got engine out of buggy monday and it's toast. 2 seized up dry rods. Heads and pistons are new, so some one did a top end figuring it would help it, all bearings shot, crank already past minimum, case too far out to bore. Boat anchor.

Bay went bye bye last thursday, just a day before tag was to be renewed, well, I had planned to cancel it anyways. 2 counties over, doubt I will ever see it again. All bills caught up now, and a little left over. AND some to buy parts to fix both his bikes. Seems his Vulcan wanted some attention, same day, drive line busted. Had to go trailer it home that morning. New parts, $900, used parts $200. Says he's gonna sell it now. Scrap iron is going back original carbs and it's for sale too. Being a custom, it won't go as fast. Wants a bigger bike a friend has stored in his garage.
So dragon is back to daily driving again.
Back out to the cave for more paintin~
Old October 29th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #145
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Tailgate done.

Edit: re-count 384 with tailgate done and the few on the hood. Not done yet.
(felt like over 500, sorry, bad week last week)
Old July 7th, 2014, 08:11 AM   #146
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

GEDC2408 (Medium).JPG

GEDC2441 (Medium).JPG

GEDC2443 (Medium).JPG

GEDC2445 (Medium).JPG

GEDC2450 (Medium).JPG
Old July 10th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #147
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Done, again, for now
GEDC2518 (Large).jpg

GEDC2514 (Medium).JPG
Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:07 PM   #148
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

This~~~~
4 Brush hand new (Medium).jpg
Is going on that, starting tomorrow.
GEDC2149 (Medium).JPG

Different truck, same owner as the 49 I did in Spring.
This one's getting airbrush treatment. Post more later,

Oh, I never posted the 49 in here?~ well so ya don't have to go digging thru the stripes thread, here's that truck.
lg_GEDC0925 (Medium).JPG
It was sold before it was finished interior. Sitting in Fla some where.
Old August 30th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #149
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/crbug...%20project%202

It's done. Goes home next week.
Need something else to do now~
Old December 19th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #150
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Guess it's time for an update , end of year post.
Dragon needs a remake.
Started sanding but need primer. Engine dying a slow death became priority.

Was the engine out of the mgtd and surprisingly, was quite clean inside for it's age, frequent oil changes do that, and still standard. Busted rings, 2 valve seats pounded, but normal wear on bearings.
So it got an upgrade. He can't tell me for sure it's a 1641 cam, but it went in. bigger piston, cyls and heads. And then the fun of getting a pr of dual idfs to work together. Yay.
Yeah, I've balked at that idea for years. Read about too much headaches.
He traded for the whole set up including 2 linkage sets.
2mos later he took Dragon to work for 2 days, test drives thru town and some open stretches. It has a surge to it and I think it needs that new clutch now. He thinks it's the cam, I drove it last night and let off the gas to cruise behind some one and it surges, put it under load again and it stops. Didn't have $ for a new assembly so he will have to pull it out again soon.
I didn't get to drive it my way, so I don't know if he has the same shit and get it it had before with a 2bl progressive carb. Cruising at 60 mph @ 2800 was odd though.

I was going to paint on the fan shroud, miss my original flamed one that went with the bus when it got sold. Have a design but lost interest back in Oct.
Winter's here so doubt there will be any painting outside for a while now. And when we get $ for sealer, I'll go back to taking off his skin. Next coat will be solid enamel. No more base coat clear crap. I fussed back then and 10yrs later it goes back my way or he'll stay in primer.

My stress level at home has been reduced. Kid decided he didn't want to live here anymore and left 2 weeks after turning 18.
My art room has expanded, or , spilled over~
Hunting season going on, 3 in the freezer, 2 are hubby's and 1 was courtesy of a friend's chevy truck 5mins from camp , no major damage, plastic grill cracked in half and doe had a broken neck and shattered hip bone, I just haven't had a good one show up yet but no hurry to get another one now.

My big truck needs all new front linkage and rear rebuild. And another center grill, damn vulture decided to dive instead of flying high with his buddies. Just glad of the pushbar or it would have been grill, trans cooler and radiator. 1ft higher and it would have been new windshield. I WILL and have crammed the brakes when I see them on the sides of the roads now, this is the 2nd time (first was with bus), I don't want to tag a 3rd

His toy truck (courier) has the progressive carb on it and drives decent. It will get body work attention later. Gas bottles need to be filled first.
1 task at a time~

Currently I'm keeping myself occupied tinkering in house.
Re-arranging clutter, tossing clutter and painting :)
Until next year~