Latest Threads
- by DrHax
- by Bugula

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 1st, 2018, 09:07 AM   #1
carwhisperer
Forum Member

Default 74 Super with Longitudinal Acura 3.2 V6

I started building this a few months ago. It's a 74 Super Beetle 1303. I added Porsche 928 Brembos in the front, 944 Aluminum Trailing arms in the rear and 18" Turbo Twists. The aluminum block engine is rated at 230hp. It is from a 93 Legend. 6 speed transaxle. This drivetrain puts the diff in the middle of the engine sump. I was able to preserve all of the torsion bar tube and even the left frame horn (which is cut off in the picture below but was later welded back on). I have a long way to go but I've made a little progress. At this point the rear subframe is more or less complete and the chassis is supporting the drivetrain in the last pictures. I don't think there is another drivetrain option that could move the weight bias any further forward while preserving the rear suspension.
I tidied up a few little things today. Here are some More pictures, including a view of the top of the engine through the back window. Iím exploring the idea of putting a glass cover over it so you can see the pretty engine, like some Italian exotics. Incidentally, this engine is a cousin to the 1st gen NSX V6, which is a C32A vs this C32B. Although they share basic architecture such as a 90 degree layout (vs the later 60 degree J series) the NSX version makes 260-290hp with VTEC as opposed to my 230hp non VTEC engine. Somewhat ironically, the NSX engine is transverse.

_E1_EE.jpg[/img]

Last edited by carwhisperer; March 21st, 2018 at 05:39 AM.
carwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote