Latest Threads
- by vinayak
- by JiI

Old April 29th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #1
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default I could use tons of MOJO

So Wednesday my wife came home from work & found I wasn't acting myself, she hadn't called all day because she had a busy day, so she took me to the ER, turns out I had a cerebral brain hemorrhage, they did a bunch of tests but never loacted the leak, so far I've had a couple cat scans & 2 MRIs, looks like the bleeding has stopped, keeping an eye on blood pressure, I could be here for up to 5 days

I'll keep ya's updated

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 09:31 AM   #2
cybernotchback
Forum Member

Default Re: I could use tons of MOJO

Hang in there Ron!

Mojo from NY
cybernotchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #3
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Beaucoupe mojo Ron! Get well and back to your projects!
V8Transporter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 02:39 PM   #4
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Dammit Ron, quit screwing around!
Well, maybe the blood will start getting to your brain now.
You hang in there buddy! A big bowl of mojo coming for ya!
Jeff

P.S.
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Dbug41
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Holy cow Ron!
Super scary!
Sending you a bunch from Utah.
Give me a like on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-V...59432887438851
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't make it "idiot proof" the universe will just make a better idiot and send them my way
life is short make fun of it!
Dbug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #6
Wraithblade
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Get better Ron I need your help to get this truck together. Mojo inbound!
Wraithblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #7
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

MOJO Your way, Ron... can't work on your stuff in a hospital bed... so get it fixed and get back to it.
Old April 30th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #8
marnat3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Boatload of healing MOJO coming to ya.
Make it what you want, conform to no standards but your own--When you think it's done, if you say it's a volksrod---It is
marnat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 02:05 PM   #9
Number1tileguy
Site Supporter

Mojo from me as well...
Hang in there buddy 👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67' Volksrod 2276cc (sold)

72' Baja Champion SE 1776cc

66' Volkstruck 1641cc
Number1tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 10:08 PM   #10
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Updates Ron?
Jeff
Old May 6th, 2017, 09:43 AM   #11
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I'm hoping you've been really, really, busy catching up on your projects.
Old May 6th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #12
kustomkreep86
Forum Member

Get well Ron! Hope all is well. Sounds like some crazy stuff. Tons of mojo coming your way!
Old May 7th, 2017, 04:48 AM   #13
marnat3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Second helping being sent out. Get well soon.
Make it what you want, conform to no standards but your own--When you think it's done, if you say it's a volksrod---It is
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #14
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I wanna thank ya's all for the mojo, I definitely needed it, this experience really scared the heck out of me once I came to

So today I'm finally feeling a little better than I have since Tuesday April 25th, that's the last day I remember until Friday the 28th
That Wednesday my wife came home from work & found me in a daze complaining about neck pain at the base of my skull, later that evening she took me to the ER, after a CAT scan & an MRI they determined my brain was bleeding, they sent me to UC hospital where their better equipped to treat brain tram & did an angiogram, they couldn't find where it was leaking from, I spent 5 days in the ICU before they did a few tests & released me on the 1st, today is the 1st day I've felt decent since, still not 100% but at 65% I'm feeling so much better, I'm not aloud to do anything until further notice, I go back to see the neurogist on the 16th to have another angiogram to see if they can determine where it was leaking from, if they can they will wrap a small metal coil around the blood vessel , if not I'll just hafta be careful & watch my blood pressure, which I've been keeping a close eye on as it is

So now that I hafta sit around & do basically nothing I'm gonna measure some steel channel & angle iron so I can build me a small press using my 5 ton bottle jack, just maybe I can get someone to cut everything to length, drill holes & bolt it together, something I should have done years ago
As for my Volksrod, I had just finished putting it back together the night before things went south, after May 16th I'll know what I can & can't do, I can't drive until further notice, I just need to hook up the fuel line & a few wires before it's ready to go, I'll get into that when the time comes
Until then I'm gonna rest up, draw up a few pieces of tooling I need for my machine shop so I can make them once I'm back to 100%

Again I thank ya's all, I appreciate all of it, for some reason I can't figure out how to look at or answer PM's on my lil hand held computer, it's tough for me to even read much using it as well, so if anyone does wanna get in touch with me the best was is by e-mail at bastardmetals@gmail.com

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #15
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Ron,
SIT THE HELL DOWN! Going out to measure steel and squatting and bending is NOT going to help you AT ALL! Ever have that dizzy feeling from standing up to fast or feel all the blood rush to your face from being bent over? Yeah, you DON'T NEED THAT! Your health isn't worth the &^$^%$ press.
Just go in, draw up those plans, surf the internet, read, write your memoirs, watch cat videos...anything that doesn't include straining, bending or raising your blood pressure. (Like mine is getting right now.)
Yes, we all know you like staying active. But we want you to stay active longer, so for right now, SIT THE HELL DOWN!!!!!
Jeff
P.s. Hope you get better!
Old May 7th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #16
cybernotchback
Forum Member

What Jeff said (X2) Glad to see you back posting.

More Mojo from NY
cybernotchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #17
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Hey Ron, think of having a little down time as an investment in your future. So, TAKE IT EASY for a bit.
Although, you might at first avoid the excitement of watching cat videos.
Old May 8th, 2017, 02:39 PM   #18
marnat3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

For now just grab an old steering wheel and a short stick, sit in front of a fan and just fantasize about driving it. Get better before you cant do anything for good.
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:57 AM   #19
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Don't y'all worry I'm not aloud to lift over 5 lbs, I never bend over so the blood rush to my head, when ever I stand up I get dizzy, I have since my kidney transplant, I've gotten use to it, I always get up slow
As for the press, I had my oldest granddaughter open my garage door, I need a garage door opener, I fixed the regular door so I don't hafta lift the overhead door, I pointed out all the steel I plan to use for the press, had my granddaughter set it on my big metal assembly/welding table, it's 7' 6" long 4' wide & about 40" high, I figured out what I'm gonna use where, I'll get my son or brother cut everything & drill holes, hopefully by then I'll have had the angiogram & be back to normal activities, I won't be pushing it because I don't wanna go there again

Now for the screwed up part, this past Monday my wife went back to work, my oldest granddaughter stayed with me just in case & so my wife wouldn't worry about me, she got home & all was good, then I started getting a slight headache, took some Tylenol & it went away, as the day went on my vision started getting blurry, my wife called the neurology doctor who asked how my blood pressures were, I had been checking it 6 times a day, she read them to the doc, he was happy, a few hours went by & it was time to take meds, I started getting confused, they said if that happens to get to the ER, my wife who I'll just refer to by name called to let them know we were on our way, we pull up & they do all the questions, I answer them all right, they make me watch their finger as they move it all around, they do the strength tests, all was good, so off to have a CAT scan a much more involved scan, they had found evidence that I had several mini strokes many many years ago, Trina & I remembered back between my kidney transplant & my pancreas transplants she had found me unconscious from low blood sugar probably 25 to 30 times, the last time was the worst, she was working 10 hour days, for some reason she felt she better leave after 8, when she pulled in the driveway I was still home, usually I would be picking our youngest son up from school, when she got out of her car the big door was open, it was January 2006, when she got to the door she could see me laying on the floor blood sugar checker in my hand, she checked my blood sugar & it was in the high teens which is dangerously low, I minutes away from death, she gave me 2 of the emergency glucagon shots which raises blood sugar fast, usually after she gives them to me within 10 minutes I'd start to wake up, 30 minutes I was back to normal, that's when I was on the transplant list waiting on a pancreas, my body wasn't using insulin like it should, at times my blood sugar would get high & insulin wouldn't work, at times it would get low & I'd hafta drink orange juice to bring it up I'm still sick of orange juice
Away my doctor who was treating my diabetes said every time I went unconscious from low blood sugar I was having mini strokes & it did some slight brain damage but nothing to worry about, they fixed themselves
So what brought me to the ER this past Monday my lectroliyts & sodium were low, they hooked me up to an IV & gave me sodium & lectroliyts & kept me overnight, Tuesday morning my sodium only went up 1 point, they gave me Gatorade to drink & put me on an unrestricted diet & kept giving me sodium, if it goes up 1 more point I can go home, Wednesday morning I ask my nurse what my sodium was, it went up 2 points, I'm thinking I'm going home, so every morning 1 doctor comes in early, then 2 hours later a team of doctors come in, Wednesday morning the 1st doc comes in, he tells me my sodium went up 3 more points since midnight & that it went up to fast, I hafta stay another day, he must a seen my blood pressure going up because in less than an hour the team of doctors walked in, first thing they said was that I was going home, they would try to get me out by noon, Trina & I pulled in our driveway at 12:25
They changed a bunch of meds, took me off of a couple, changed the dosage of 1 of my anti-rejection meds, told me to keep monitoring my blood pressure which I have, gave me a list of things to go back for, what I can & can't do, I'm supposed to walk at least a 1/4 mile or more a day, still can't lift over 5 lbs or drive, Tuesday the 16th I have my angiogram, I'll probably be restricted to lifting anything over 5 lbs & driving for a week, when I'm told I can resume normal activities I will & not a moment sooner

Then it's time to finish up my car so I can fix Trina's car, it needs a wheel bearing & struts, I just bought tires for it about 6 weeks ago, so every 5000 miles they check the alignment, I hope it's time for that when I fix it, if not I'll wait till its time so they can align it

It's time to take meds & eat breakfast, then I can draw my hydraulic press plans, it's a 12 ton bottle jack that will have roughly 30" between the compressed jack & the bottom & 18" between the sides
I won't be watching cat videos, I won't be wrapping steering wheels, I'm sure I'll find plenty to keep me busy without lifting or doing anything I'm not supposed to do

Jeff you better watch your blood pressure

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 11th, 2017, 08:08 AM   #20
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Hey Ron; You have a lot going for you. This would include a Ton of Courage and a loving family. Then you also have us pulling for you. You'd better keep drawing up plans for your projects as you're going to have a really busy summer.
Old May 11th, 2017, 08:27 PM   #21
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Hey Ron,
:f inger::fin ger::finge r: :f inger::fin ger::finge r:

That should make you feel better.

Keep giving us updates! Hang in there buddy!
Jeff
Old May 12th, 2017, 04:30 AM   #22
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Jeff, you know exactly what I need

Don't think for a minute I'm not listening to what y'all are saying, I know I have everything to lose & nothing to gain, I've been thru a lot over the last 17 years, I'm not gonna mess it up now, I just need to slow down everything, I know when walking back n forth getting tools from the garage I hafta tell myself to slow down
I now compare everything to a gallon of water, it weighs about 8-1/3 lbs, that's beyond what I was told to lift, so I'm trying not to do anything more than that, I had Trina buy a half gallon so she can fill it every day just so I don't over do it, I drink almost a half gallon a day
Another thing, I felt better Wednesday & yesterday than I did last time I came home from the hospital, they probably shouldn't have let me go when they did

Again I thank ya's all for your concerns, you have no idea what it means to me

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 12th, 2017, 06:25 AM   #23
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Great news! Just be sure you keep up with the finger exercise that Jeff advised. Although bending and straightening all your fingers might help more than just the one.
Old May 12th, 2017, 01:22 PM   #24
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I can do more than exercise my finger(s), before I left I had a physical therapist come in & talk to me about exercising, I can walk as much as I want, so earlier today I took a nice long walk, probably about a half mile, felt good to get out

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 13th, 2017, 08:45 PM   #25
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Keepin' the mojo flowin' for ya buddy!!!!!
Jeff