Total Online: 911

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Ozrod
- by DrHax

Old February 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #2476
Insano70
Forum Member

Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Shit Tim, I've been WWWAAAAYYYYYY over thinking this. Thanks man! I'll Make one of those today and see how it fits.

Larry

Hey also Lar,if your light has two mounting holes you can slot the hole in one so you can rotate it until it's level to your crooked head!
As for how high or low to mount them,go to the lower spot. The other is just too high. Keep up the progress though,it's lookin good!
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #2477
speedfreak
Forum Member

Thanks Bro.

So, isn't it time for you to start working on that one of yours? The least you could do is get it running for Steve Meet.

Larry
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #2478
Insano70
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Thanks Bro.

So, isn't it time for you to start working on that one of yours? The least you could do is get it running for Steve Meet.

Larry
Steve meet is months away,I have plenty of time! Besides I'm going green didn't you know that? By letting it sit in the back yard the less green house gases I create!
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #2479
speedfreak
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insano70 View Post
Steve meet is months away,I have plenty of time! Besides I'm going green didn't you know that? By letting it sit in the back yard the less green house gases I create!
It's totally impossible for you to go green. With the gasses that your body alone lets off is enough to destry the atmosphere!

Larry
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:10 AM   #2480
gravguy
Forum Member

went out with my ex and had a GREAT DAY thats it

FACEBOOK VERY WILD CAR COMPANY
gravguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:16 AM   #2481
dt113
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravguy View Post
went out with my ex and had a GREAT DAY thats it

dt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #2482
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Saturday:
I worked, then I got home worked on my womans Bravada. Her windsheild washer fliud wasn't working... It still isn't working... The hose was broke, & the pump is shot! Now I need to go get a new or used pump, & some of the hose they use on it.

Hot water was rusty, so, I drained my hot water tank. It was still rusty... So I knew what I was doing in the AM...

Sunday:
Drained my Electric Hot Water tank 3 more times till I didn't have Rusty looking water anymore! The damn PO must not have ever drained the tank... Looks great now! We bought the house & it had a Jacuzzi Bathtub. First time my Fiancee went to use it, the water was so disgusting she wouldn't get in it... I don't blame her one bit! I talked to the PO & she said she doesn't believe me cuz she took a bath almost everyday... I Highly doubt that! Fuckin' Bitch! There was ALOT wrong with the house...

Also Moved my 125 Gallon fish tank out of my room to build support for under it. When I bought the house it also had a 125 Gallon fish tank on a built-in shelf. The thing was leaning outward on the top it was out about an inch from the bottom!!! The whole shelf is down @ 3/4" in the front from the back on one side, the other side is @ 1/4". I'm surprized the thing didn't collapse on the floor & smash all over the place! SO I moved it into my sunroom, It'll sit there till I get the wood & build the support. I might build a whole new cabninet for it while I'm at it... The first 5 I did came out Awesome, so I might as well go for it!

Went out into the gargage to find where the 220 comes in... I can't find it! There's a dead 220 outlet on the side of the garage right next to the door. I used a Voltmeter, checked it, there's Nothing! Followed teh wire to a box. There aren't any other wires going in or coming out! I was told by the PO that the garage has 220... Guess they lied about yet another thing! FUCKERZ! This reallty sucks for 2 reasons... Main reason is I just bought a 60 Gallon 220 Air Compressor...

Also, hung some 60" blinds in the front room... finaly... I've only been there for 4 months now... Still have some painting to do to make the place finished as well!

Also stopped in to see a buddy... <~ Thanks to him...

All in all, I had a pretty productive day...

Jack of all trades, Master of collecting projects.
(yeah the unfinished kind... )
"Bunny's Bug" Build thread
"The 66 Shorty" Build thread

Looking for "Buggy parts" for my Spatz Buggy (Budget build)...
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #2483
hotroddinrebel
Forum Member

Yesterday was filled with body work. Saturday and sunday was my first adventure in to the real of body work and dare I say it was successful. My buddy came back and reclaimed his 110 welder I had been borrowing and since my bug is far away from my 220 plug, welding wasn't an option. I guess I could have waited but between work and school, if i have a free weekend I'm gonna do something. Got the glass out anywhere the frames looked questionable, sanded it down, etched it with acid then fiberglassed all of the rusty holes. No one will see it so I figure that should be fine. One of my fenders on the front was looking pitted with rust and rust holes so out came the grinder again for some rust removal, then the acid(God bless that stuff) then the 3m body filler(gotta love that employee discount) and the fiberglass. With the exception of one dent I'm still building up with 'glass and one place I had to cut out and have yet to weld back in, the fender looks pretty freakin good. Hit it with some rattle can flat black to keep the rust off and kinda visualize what it was gonna look like when i get my spray gun next week. Pay checks come on thursday so maybe its finally time to buy those floor pans.

As a side note note, I think I found someone to trade one of my 31PICT's too for a set of dual port heads with no visible damage....good trade?(Pardon my naive-ness)
hotroddinrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #2484
road_dog
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 Shorty View Post
Saturday:
I worked, then I got home worked on my womans Bravada. Her windsheild washer fliud wasn't working... It still isn't working... The hose was broke, & the pump is shot! Now I need to go get a new or used pump, & some of the hose they use on it.

Hot water was rusty, so, I drained my hot water tank. It was still rusty... So I knew what I was doing in the AM...

Sunday:
Drained my Electric Hot Water tank 3 more times till I didn't have Rusty looking water anymore! The damn PO must not have ever drained the tank... Looks great now! We bought the house & it had a Jacuzzi Bathtub. First time my Fiancee went to use it, the water was so disgusting she wouldn't get in it... I don't blame her one bit! I talked to the PO & she said she doesn't believe me cuz she took a bath almost everyday... I Highly doubt that! Fuckin' Bitch! There was ALOT wrong with the house...

Also Moved my 125 Gallon fish tank out of my room to build support for under it. When I bought the house it also had a 125 Gallon fish tank on a built-in shelf. The thing was leaning outward on the top it was out about an inch from the bottom!!! The whole shelf is down @ 3/4" in the front from the back on one side, the other side is @ 1/4". I'm surprized the thing didn't collapse on the floor & smash all over the place! SO I moved it into my sunroom, It'll sit there till I get the wood & build the support. I might build a whole new cabninet for it while I'm at it... The first 5 I did came out Awesome, so I might as well go for it!

Went out into the gargage to find where the 220 comes in... I can't find it! There's a dead 220 outlet on the side of the garage right next to the door. I used a Voltmeter, checked it, there's Nothing! Followed teh wire to a box. There aren't any other wires going in or coming out! I was told by the PO that the garage has 220... Guess they lied about yet another thing! FUCKERZ! This reallty sucks for 2 reasons... Main reason is I just bought a 60 Gallon 220 Air Compressor...

Also, hung some 60" blinds in the front room... finaly... I've only been there for 4 months now... Still have some painting to do to make the place finished as well!

Also stopped in to see a buddy... <~ Thanks to him...

All in all, I had a pretty productive day...

If you have the Plug and Wire, get you a Breaker (there may be one in there already) and install it.

I did not have 240 to where I wanted my Air Compressor, 110 Mig Welder and 240 Stick Welder Plugs.

A friend had given me a breaker and some Romex for the Stick Welder (unplug the Dryer, Plug in the Welder, Shut the Door on the Romex and Weld), so I drilled a hole in the Ceiling above the Compressor, ran the Romex across the Attic above the Garage and down to the Panel. Connected the Ground to thew Neutral Bar, the White and Black Romex wires to the Breaker (made sure the Breaker Was Off) and stabbed it into the Panel. Went out to the Comp, made the connection (turned comp ON) and went back and turned the Breaker On. I came back and Installed the Welding Plug later. I plan to come back with a Sub Panel and grab 110 off each Leg for Two Plugs.
road_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:37 AM   #2485
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I put my "headliner" in. Its all covered in stickers. I would have pics but the camera is in my other car at home. Then I finally bolted the body to the chassis for one last time!!!

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:42 AM   #2486
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by road_dog View Post
If you have the Plug and Wire, get you a Breaker (there may be one in there already) and install it.

I did not have 240 to where I wanted my Air Compressor, 110 Mig Welder and 240 Stick Welder Plugs.

A friend had given me a breaker and some Romex for the Stick Welder (unplug the Dryer, Plug in the Welder, Shut the Door on the Romex and Weld), so I drilled a hole in the Ceiling above the Compressor, ran the Romex across the Attic above the Garage and down to the Panel. Connected the Ground to thew Neutral Bar, the White and Black Romex wires to the Breaker (made sure the Breaker Was Off) and stabbed it into the Panel. Went out to the Comp, made the connection (turned comp ON) and went back and turned the Breaker On. I came back and Installed the Welding Plug later. I plan to come back with a Sub Panel and grab 110 off each Leg for Two Plugs.

One main problem with that is, My garage isn't attached to the house, & there's driveway in between the house & garage... I only have one 110 wire going into the garage, it's coming up through the floor in the front corner. The conduit they used is too small for another wire to go in with it. I think I'm going to have to run a trench around the side of the driveway, bore under my walkway/stairs, & drill a hole in the side of the garage in the cement block wall. There is a 4" hole through the wall in the back of the garage I may just run wires there. I don't have a panel in the garage. Just one box with one breaker for 220, it's not one of those large boxes you can add breakers to. I was supposed to get 2 200 Amp service panels from a customer of my Dad's. But, he's been blowing me off for over a month now... We'll see what happens. I guess it's going to take longer to get my garage going that I thought!

Jack of all trades, Master of collecting projects.
(yeah the unfinished kind... )
"Bunny's Bug" Build thread
"The 66 Shorty" Build thread

Looking for "Buggy parts" for my Spatz Buggy (Budget build)...
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:19 AM   #2487
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Hubby got the deck started sunday, and finished the jiosts last night, but due to rain today, I can't put the deck boards down yet.....
But, I got the whole art room now,(a few of you know what I'm talking about) the closet got emptied yesterday!
I'm havin fun today!
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #2488
gravguy
Forum Member

i bought a chick car
a 1997 cabrio now how do i make it look tough the price was right $500.
BLACK
W/BLACK TOP
BLACK LEATHER

FACEBOOK VERY WILD CAR COMPANY
gravguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:48 AM   #2489
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
i bought a chick car
BLACK
W/BLACK TOP
BLACK LEATHER

HA HA!! Good luck with that Buddy!

Search "are cabrio's chick cars" On the samba.
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #2490
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Watched more of the (&^$%&^%@#!!!!! white stuff come down! I have next week off so I hope I can get out in the garage and modify my steering rack and measure for linkage.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #2491
doorpz
Forum Member

Quote:
i bought a chick car
BLACK
W/BLACK TOP
BLACK LEATHER
Put hydros in it and throw some 13" gold D's on it.
doorpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #2492
road_dog
Forum Member

I got the Gas Line Ran and finally hooked up the Bead Blast Cabinet. Grabbed uo a piece of Engine Tin and Shot it. I hit it with a little Glossy black. I may go back with a Dif Color. I leaning toward Red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010012.jpg (101.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1010014.jpg (100.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P1010011.jpg (80.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1010015.jpg (84.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1010016.jpg (78.0 KB, 1 views)
road_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:14 AM   #2493
Ian
Forum Member

I picked up a vr6 motor and cleaned out my Corrado CV joints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:20 AM   #2494
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Ohh, take that motor and put it in a mid-engined no-top volksrod!!!!!!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:11 AM   #2495
matthewsuckerpunch
Forum Member

i spent all week replacing bad metal on a customers double cab drop gates... i think i did about 6 feet of tacking all in all... its the weld clean up thats gonna suck my balls off.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:25 AM   #2496
speedfreak
Forum Member

Spent yesterday working on my taillight mounts. Just as I got one almost done I ran out of gas for my welder.

Larry
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM   #2497
jsmith
Forum Member

Talking Re: What did you do yesterday...

Sold the Baja, First thing in the Morning. The guy said he'd be here around 10 am, showed up around 8 (I was sleeping in). Anyway it's gone.
Then we had a Birthday party @ McD's for 2 y.o. Granddaughter. Good day overall ( I hate McD's)
Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:03 PM   #2498
UVT_Mike
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Spent the past five days at the Atlantic City Auto Auction selling tires. Was a slow show, and not one Volksrod.
1-800-233-3827
http://www.universaltire.com
UVT_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM   #2499
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I was suppose to go to Atlantic City Friday. The local car club rents a bus and we all go. We did it last year and this year I backed out. I would rather work on my car!!! Its an OK show/Auction.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM   #2500
blacktruck
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

re skinned a 69 mustang door for one of my neighbors

easy money

Tags
what did you do, yesterday