Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > SH*T For Sale/Wanted > SH*T For Sale

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,698
Threads: 32,301
Total Online: 462

Newest Member: Pinch

Latest Threads
- by Bugula
- by cretin

Old May 28th, 2018, 08:17 PM   #1
vdubjer
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default The Volkswooden needs a new home!
Price: $5897.00 obo   Location: Wildomar, CA   

Hey Dudes and Ladies,
Time to move the Volkswooden. Too many projects on the list.

You can see all the build pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/74127891@N07/D61b8A

Ad in the samba was a little ambitious, but you can't win if you don't play! Anywho, new price and details below...

For sale is a one-of-a-kind VW...the Volkswooden. Completely custom, Thing-inspired two-door roadster body on a type 1 pan. Body is made completely from wood. Which incidentally is thicker that the sheet metal on a steel body. Just sayin. ;)
10" front beam extension, 1914cc with dual baby Webers. Entire electrical system is new from wiring to alternator to battery. Engine has less than 2000 miles on it. Cragar wheels are 11" wide in rear with Chevy bolt pattern. Suspension has air shocks that are plumbed but not connected to a compressor/tank but that hardware comes with the car. Interior panels have already been beat by the sun and glue is giving way, so they'll need to have a real upholstery job. Seats are wood as well. Speedometer is not connected, I use a GPS app. Wear and tear is a little more apparent on a wood vehicle than a steel body, so the pics look great, but you can see little things here and there when you get close. Best results are to keep it garaged. Regardless it still gets TONS of attention and thumbs up. I guarantee you won't see anything like it on the road. You feel like driving something a little different than the rest of the crowd? Course you do or you wouldn't be on the Volksrodders forum! I know it isn't for everyone. It's a custom one-off vehicle. Make a reasonable offer. I'm just ready for the next project. Viewing/driving by serious appointment only.

Cheers!
VdubJer
vdubjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2018, 08:48 PM   #2
vdubjer
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: The Volkswooden needs a new home!

Ok, I realize some of you may not like the fact that it is a wood body. S'all good, so, junk it and put whatever you want on it...but the sale of this vdub does come with a strong 1915, all new wiring harness and 2-wire alternator, 10" beam extension, and big and little wheel and tire combo. Sits on a Type 1 beetle pan and is registered as '61 bug. Think of it as a so-so house on a nice piece of land??
vdubjer is offline   Reply With Quote