Newest Member: 36wildroadster

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old September 19th, 2017, 07:58 PM   #2501
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Default Re: The "Today f*cking sucks club" thread

'Glad you are all right! And no doubt, flushed with good feelings!
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:22 AM   #2502
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Flushed with good feelings...yeah, I get the pun, and no, there aren't any good feelings. Exhausted from living in the bathroom for days straight, taking new meds that make me swimmy and my mouth taste terrible, haven't shaved in a week. Yeah, I'm all Mr. Happy Pants over here....
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:28 PM   #2503
cretin
Forum Member

Decided I needed a new bike. I saw the Honda Grom and was floored. Then I saw the Kawasaki Z125. Had to have one. So new, no used ones on Craigslist in the whole state (Florida). So I found a leftover '17 model and bought it Friday, using almost all my savings. I love it. And then I got fired on Tuesday. Meh.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
cretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 04:34 AM   #2504
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

Wow... That job thing seems to be pretty important usually... Hope this works out well and you're back at work quickly or even better... maybe you can start your own biz and do better than the place you worked was paying you, and love what you do. I hear customizers (automotive) are in slightly higher demand this year...
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:17 AM   #2505
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

I bet that a ride on your new Zee-Bike puts a big smile on your face. I'd say that you bought the bike at just the right time.
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:44 AM   #2506
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

One door closes, go kick another open.
Gotta sell my bike soon. Need some funds for my other project.
Jeff
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:13 AM   #2507
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Losing your job does suck, we'll it would for me, kind of makes what I'm gonna say sucks seems like nothing

So Tuesday and last Tuesday really sucked here, the electric company shut our power off both of those days
I'll try to make this short (cough), back in August I mentioned about my wife getting taken from work to the ER by ambulance and spending the night, we'll it turns out she's been getting harassed by her managers over missing work to take me to my doctors appointments, she always brings notes even tho it's not required do to the FLMA, so they tried making it tougher for her and said these notes need to be worded a certain way, we'll she went thru the union rules and pointed out the she doesn't need to bring any notes from my doctor, so the day she went to the ER they retaliated over her pointing out the rules, her doc put her off work for 3 weeks because of the stress and anxiety she was suffering from at work
We pay for short term disability insurance for such things, her work refused to fill out the paper for the insurance, so we had no money to get us thru those few weeks until she went back to work on September 5th, even then we had to wait for a half a paycheck that they took double out of for our health insurance, we had it a bit rough few weeks financially, so I started calling everyplace we owed money to and make arrangements, we'll the electric company said I qualified for a 30 day extention if my doc filled out a paper, so I had them do it
So now it's Tuesday afternoon last week, Trina gets home from work, it's 89 degrees and humid as you could imagine, 5 minutes outside and your clothes could be wrung out from sweat, just as we sit down to relax and watch TV the power goes out, this is where it starts to piss me off about her work refusing to fill out her disability papers, I call the electric company and they say they didn't receive the paper from my doc, I call to make sure they filled it out and sent it back, I'm told it was, I call the power comany back to see what's going on, I find out my doctor's office can call them and get a 7 day extention until the billing department gets the paper my doc filled out and sent back, 45 minutes later the power comes back on, by this time our house is hot but everything is gonna be ok
This past Tuesday comes, I have a doctors appointment at 1 pm, at 10 am the power goes out, I call them, they still haven't gotten the paper my doc sent the week before, I call them and they assured me that they sent it, so I call the power Co back, his time they say the paper wasn't filled out completely, BTW it's another hot and humid day, it got up to 90 degrees that day, Trina gets home to a dark house that's hot asking what's up, I explain, we go see my doc, get the paper filled out, watch it being faxed, call them up to make sure they got it, we're told they can't do anything till tomorrow, that's when Trina starts asking for supervisors to get things done, eventually after 2 supervisors they promise us the power will be on within the hour, we get home about 40 minutes later it's on, but everything in our freezer is thawed out which sucks because we just filled it the Sunday before
Tomorrow at work she has a meeting with a mediator who comes in to work to get her papers filled out and to help with the harassment and retaliation from her managers, hafta see how that goes, just to get an insurance paper filled out, it's been a crazy few weeks
I fell in another rose bush

Ron

PS, the weather finally changed, 91 and humid yesterday, 72 today ahhh

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; September 28th, 2017 at 11:18 AM.
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:31 AM   #2508
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I lost both of my teaching positions last year. That sucked. BUT I've gotten to spend a lot more time with my wife. Was still able to sell 2 cars and a bunch of parts. Looking to sell my other Manx and my cafe' racer next.
Jeff
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:51 AM   #2509
cretin
Forum Member

I'm bummed, and a bit nervous, cause I spent most all my savings on the bike. But it's such a fun little thing. I missed not riding.

Worst case, I have to start selling toys and pull out my 401k. I'd like to avoid that, but we do what we have to do.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
cretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #2510
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Things will work out. Take a breath and go for a ride.

Tags
bad day, today sucks